Beedle the Bard exclusive edition!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still undecided. My time is already so consumed I can't imagine finding the time to fit them in.

How long's your commute?

I listen to audiobooks and the Potter ones are some of the best, either the US version with Jim Dale or the UK with Stephen Fry - both are great.

How long's your commute?

I listen to audiobooks and the Potter ones are some of the best, either the US version with Jim Dale or the UK with Stephen Fry - both are great.

They both are great, but I enjoyed Stephen Fry a bit more.

Can't imagine how pissed the buyer of the original is now :p

Looks good, ordered one.

The only purchased copy of the original was Amazon, the rest were gifts. And I imagine that Amazon has gotten some pretty decent publicity out of it ($4 mil. worth? Maybe.) And isn't the $100 collector's edition exclusive to them?

Yeah the collectors edition is exclusive to Amazon. Didn't know they bought the handwritten one.

I ordered this. I also have all the HP audio books. They are great for long drives. And I do like Fry better.

I ordered this. I also have all the HP audio books. They are great for long drives. And I do like Fry better.

Dale is good but Fry is soooo much better. I think a series like this, so veddy British, requires that Brit accent and speech patterns to really get that full flavor.

Dale is good but Fry is soooo much better. I think a series like this, so veddy British, requires that Brit accent and speech patterns to really get that full flavor.

Um, since when is Welsh not British? Dale's accent isn't RP, but it's pretty close.

is 100,000 prints of a book supposed to be "limited" and tough to get later? <---legit question

is 100,000 prints of a book supposed to be "limited" and tough to get later? <---legit question

Under most circumstances... no; but when you are talking about Harry Potter, which usually sells millions of copies on release, yes, it might be considered limited, even at $100. Not too limited... probably will go for over retail at first and then quickly come down in price.

I placed an order for amazons collectors edition as a Christmas for my brother. I assume the collectors edition will be limited, hence 'collectors', and amazon has stated there will be 100 000 copies. Its only a guess, but 100 000 doesn't sound limited, but think of it in comparison to the amount of standard ones that will sell...like millions...so in relation to collectors and standard maybe 100 000 is limited in its own right!

I completely forgot I ordered this for my wife for Christmas. Doesn't it release next week?

This has been up for pre-order since July in my local store...

I don't get the hype...Not that much anyway...

I got an e-mail that mine already shipped, should be here tomorrow for me.

I had forgotten all about this. My parents are getting it for me for xmas. Can't wait to see it for myself.

Back