Beedle the Bard exclusive edition!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So having not read the Potter books this could still be a stand alone read?

Yes, it's like back story from the Potter universe. It doesn't include/involve the characters from the Potter series, it's a collection of five myths/fairy tales that the characters in the Potter universe would have heard as children. A kind of Aesop's Fables of the magical world.

I wonder it this will rise in value w/ only 100k being produced due to the size of the audience? What do you guys think?

It's hard to say--it's pretty expensive to begin with. While the movies are still being produced, the HP publishing phenomenon is finished. If something like this had come out before the series had been completed, or somehow in conjunction with book seven (in which it is mentioned) it would have had a chance at being valuable. I wouldn't buy a copy as an investment if you aren't interested in having a copy for yourself.

I'm darn tempted to get one, mostly for the same reasons as Wofford. I don't have a whole lost of interest in reading these fairy tales, even though I do love Harry Potter. It's the awesomeness of the collectors edition that makes me want one. I think I may order it and cancel if I change my mind before it ships.

It's hard to say--it's pretty expensive to begin with. While the movies are still being produced, the HP publishing phenomenon is finished. If something like this had come out before the series had been completed, or somehow in conjunction with book seven (in which it is mentioned) it would have had a chance at being valuable. I wouldn't buy a copy as an investment if you aren't interested in having a copy for yourself.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. However, in contrast, I was thinking of getting one for my wife which she can peruse, enjoy, and treat in the manner that she feels fit, while also having a pristine copy to keep/collect. Anyway....I ordered two.:D

This sure has made choosing at least one Christmas gift for my wife easy and a no-brainer.

Anyone think that the reproduction will come on the same type of cool paper that's shown in the original, or do you think it'll be just stock paper?

Anyone think that the reproduction will come on the same type of cool paper that's shown in the original, or do you think it'll be just stock paper?

I think it'll be as close as they can get it. Probably not exactly the same, but I doubt it would be regular paper considering the detail they're putting into the rest of the package.

Wofford, have you decided whether you're going to start reading the books before the movie? Readthebooksreadthebooksreadthebooks.:naughty

Interesting, an uncle from Europe sent me one of these very things a few years ago. I thought it was cute, but haven't read it yet. Was mine an editor's early edition of something?

Only seven exist, hand written by J.K Rowling and presented to a select group of six friends and associates, with the seventh being auctioned and ultimately sold for Amazon.com's winning bid of almost four million dollars.

I'm thinking your uncle sent you something different..

Only seven exist, hand written by J.K Rowling and presented to a select group of six friends and associates, with the seventh being auctioned and ultimately sold for Amazon.com's winning bid of almost four million dollars.

I'm thinking your uncle sent you something different..

Did I say uncle? I meant auntie Jo as we call her. :D

Thanks for the link. I PO'd one for my wife. She doesn't even know they're mass producing these!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this! I just pre-ordered mine. I almost pre-ordered the standard edition because I'm cheap like that, but changed my mind (thank goodness).

Do you find time to sleep? Just cut some of that out. It's overrated anyways.

Back