Battlefield 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So when you control a base you can access various weapons scattered about.

It that just for the beta?

Am liking the spawn screen, Not liking how slow vehicles are, not liking the UI for the end of match report, loving the new pistol

I'm not sure, I never read anything online about it. The only weapon I picked up was a sniper rifle that I was one shotting a lot of guys with. Could just be their way of letting you try out the better weapons since you can't unlock them in the beta.

Does BF3 need to be installed on the 360 for the beta to show up.

More than likely, I think they were saying that the beta or whatever needs to detect BF3 Premium (not just BF3) or MoH Warfighter data on your Xbox in order for the beta to show up. At this point it probably doesn't matter though as the open beta goes up tomorrow.

Just finished playing for half an hour after the marathon download & driver updates...

Dunno if I like it, it's definitely different form BF3. Maybe it's just the map, but I don't feel that excited.

It's fun and I'm enjoying it. I think the levolution was a little more hyped as it seemed like everyone was saying everything can be taken out which doesn't seem the case, more of there are certain areas that can be destroyed which change the gameplay a little like taking out the pillars to destroy the building or the support beam to collapse the street. The beta itself isn't all that flashy but I'm not buying it on 360 so I'm not worried.

Some guy ran at me swinging his knife, I just stood there and let the animation start so I could stab him with his own knife :lol what a dumb move.

BTW I forgot that BF3 needed an High Def pack to look so good, which is why the BF4 beta looks so crap, can't wait for the full version.

Some guy ran at me swinging his knife, I just stood there and let the animation start so I could stab him with his own knife :lol what a dumb move.

BTW I forgot that BF3 needed an High Def pack to look so good, which is why the BF4 beta looks so crap, can't wait for the full version.
LOL sounds like it was fun to watch.

That's the thing. I don't remember having battle log when the BF3 beta came out. Do you?

Battlelog for BF4 is ready to roll. As it seems.

I don't remember either. I'm guessing they'll wipe it though. Some people are going to play the beta enough to unlock everything. I think that's why they do it.

Not liking controlling the vehicles movement with the thumbsticks. Hipe they inlcude the option for BF3 controls

The bright orange in the killcam and glowing grenades isn't as realistic as BF3

Last edited:
Gave it a shot on my pc tonight. Is any other pc players getting a ton of lag? Like, unplayable lag? I dont know if its the lag or the fact that its a beta, so just curious. Ill try again later. It was hard to tell if I liked it or not when im getting 10 fps.

Gave it a shot on my pc tonight. Is any other pc players getting a ton of lag? Like, unplayable lag? I dont know if its the lag or the fact that its a beta, so just curious. Ill try again later. It was hard to tell if I liked it or not when im getting 10 fps.

There was really bad lag last night, probably due to the open beta load. It's a lot better this arvo.

I think it depends on the server.

The game's unplayable for me. I think it's the driver. I might have to get that nvidia beta driver.

I've tried three times now, but the driver fails to install every time. F@$k it. I'll just wait for the real game and proper driver. It wasn't meant to be.

The Nvidia beta drivers seem to be hit or miss for people. It caused mine to perform poorly. I went back to an older driver from around May, and it works much better. I still get some random lag for a few seconds about every minute, but nothing gamebreaking.

Back