Battlefield 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nvidia beta drivers seem to be hit or miss for people. It caused mine to perform poorly. I went back to an older driver from around May, and it works much better. I still get some random lag for a few seconds about every minute, but nothing gamebreaking.

you're probably using the same driver I have, but it's not working for me. That's the big downside to PCs. You just never know what you're going to get.

The Nvidia beta drivers seem to be hit or miss for people. It caused mine to perform poorly. I went back to an older driver from around May, and it works much better. I still get some random lag for a few seconds about every minute, but nothing gamebreaking.

you're probably using the same driver I have, but it's not working for me. That's the big downside to PCs. You just never know what you're going to get.

Honestly, the performance is variable. :lol

Having a blast with the demo. Getting a copy for ps4 and looking for other adult players who don't mock over scores.

Decent player here. Not the best but not the worst. Just looking for good team play. PSN ID is ERicDM

Last edited:
Went from being 150% excitied for this to 50% :(

Hope they add better control presets and lose the dorky glowing killcam, grenade trails and other stuff that is a step back in battlefield uthenticity

Went from being 150% excitied for this to 50% :(

Hope they add better control presets and lose the dorky glowing killcam, grenade trails and other stuff that is a step back in battlefield uthenticity

I'm still trying to get used to entering the vehicles and driving them, why fix what wasn't broken.

Its like they changed stuff not because it wasn't working before, they changed it because it has a new name therefore people expect changes.

Uggg, whatever, eventually I'll get used to it.

But those grenade trails. :slap

They really did make the game more COD cartoony. :mad:

Got the pc version running right. Im not impressed tbh. It feels like bf3, but not as good. Its a beta, but im sure the final version will be the same as this. This is the first bf game that feels underwhelming and sort of unnecessary to me. BF3 isnt that old. The fact that this feels more or less the same shoes me that its too soon.. I think they shouldve waited another year for this one, but thats coming from a casual player. Diehard bf players will no doubt throw money at it, but nothing about it feels evolved to me.

Got the pc version running right. Im not impressed tbh. It feels like bf3, but not as good. Its a beta, but im sure the final version will be the same as this. This is the first bf game that feels underwhelming and sort of unnecessary to me. BF3 isnt that old. The fact that this feels more or less the same shoes me that its too soon.. I think they shouldve waited another year for this one, but thats coming from a casual player. Diehard bf players will no doubt throw money at it, but nothing about it feels evolved to me.

It's what BF3 should have been in the first place. It feels repackaged. Refined at most. But mostly the same.

I'm still trying to get used to entering the vehicles and driving them, why fix what wasn't broken.

Its like they changed stuff not because it wasn't working before, they changed it because it has a new name therefore people expect changes.

Uggg, whatever, eventually I'll get used to it.

But those grenade trails. :slap

They really did make the game more COD cartoony. :mad:

Agreed. :(

They ballsed up the controls so they could put in that battlelog button so that people could check social media while in the middle of a game :cuckoo: :slap :cuckoo: :slap

I'm still looking forward to 60 player games on a console.

Yeah, this is the biggest change for console players and makes it well worth the upgrade, but if not for that, it feels very meh to me. I actually think bf3 looks better on pc. Unexpected. Other than the impressive size and complexity of the map, it just feels like more of the same and thats not normal for a bf sequel. I guess thats why it feels too soon. We could be seeing the start of the watering of the bf franchise. EA could be getting impatient and decide to start crapping out bfs every year like CoD. Its what theyve always wanted. Theyre own shooter to milk like Activision has had.

I agree, BF4 feels closer to COD now but with bigger maps.

The control scheme is throwing me off when I try to play BF3, so annoying.

And knifing is completely ******** now.

Man this game doesnt sound too promising judging from all the reactions Ive read:(

It depends. If you're a console player that likes BF3 but hasn't been able to do the biggest maps with 64 players, this should be well worth it, but if youre coming from PC, it doesn't seem to offer much new from what I've seen. Unless of course you're just a big BF fan which means you'll be buying it no matter what.

It depends. If you're a console player that likes BF3 but hasn't been able to do the biggest maps with 64 players, this should be well worth it, but if youre coming from PC, it doesn't seem to offer much new from what I've seen. Unless of course you're just a big BF fan which means you'll be buying it no matter what.

This was going to be my first BF game,played BF3 demo but thats about it. Still Ive heard alot of great things about BF3 multi so Id figure Id try this one out as a change from COD which I finally grew tired of. Any word on the SP length?

Agreed. :(

They ballsed up the controls so they could put in that battlelog button so that people could check social media while in the middle of a game :cuckoo: :slap :cuckoo: :slap

:gah: :( :gah:

Yeah, this is the biggest change for console players and makes it well worth the upgrade, but if not for that, it feels very meh to me. I actually think bf3 looks better on pc. Unexpected. Other than the impressive size and complexity of the map, it just feels like more of the same and thats not normal for a bf sequel. I guess thats why it feels too soon. We could be seeing the start of the watering of the bf franchise. EA could be getting impatient and decide to start crapping out bfs every year like CoD. Its what theyve always wanted. Theyre own shooter to milk like Activision has had.

:(

This was going to be my first BF game,played BF3 demo but thats about it. Still Ive heard alot of great things about BF3 multi so Id figure Id try this one out as a change from COD which I finally grew tired of. Any word on the SP length?

People wanting to come over to the BF side will find a COD clone soon. :(

It's still just a beta, we've only seen one map and a handful of vehicles/weapons. We haven't seen commander mode yet either.

Some things I've noticed that I like:
  • You can accept/decline revives
  • Customization gives you the graphs so you can see the performance that different attachment makes
  • aim from cover
  • the reload pausing when you switch weapon
  • spectator mode
  • tanks go over stuff like tanks, no getting stuck on stupid small objects
  • The buttons to lower bollards, shutters & lifts are a nice addition
  • the levelution stuff, knocking out the street support, bringing the building down etc

After a few hours of play I'm liking it - need to play the other maps. Too much roof camping in Shanghai!

You were able to decline revives in bf3 as well.

I knifed 3 guys in a row tonight in a matter of 5 or so seconds. That was pretty awesome although a little on the COD side.

Back