Battle of the Movies - 1/4 Final!! (CLOSED)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Battle of the Movies - 1/4 Final!!

Well consider the type of forum you're posting in. Obviously those films might win elsewhere. But round these parts we do sci-fi and adventure.

I get that and so do i, but trying to be objective there is no way you can say they are better films. If you're voting for more entertaining then yeah I can see it, but from pure "better film", no way.

I get that and so do i, but trying to be objective there is no way you can say they are better films. If you're voting for more entertaining then yeah I can see it, but from pure "better film", no way.

I dunno. To say that Shawshank is objectively better than Alien might aswell be to say that only reality based dramas have merit and we just humour everything else and pat it on the head condescendingly...why should that be so. It doesn't sit well with me.

I dunno. To say that Shawshank is objectively better than Alien might aswell be to say that only reality based dramas have merit and we just humour everything else and pat it on the head condescendingly...why should that be so. It doesn't sit well with me.

Alien is a solid film, but Shawshank is one of the highest rated films even made. I know a certain audience will disagree, but IMO it's an amazing film all around and I'm not a huge fan of a lot of drama films.

I'll have to watch it so, must be a pretty damn good film. The music in particular must be incredible if even John Williams can't compare.

....and I didn't even mention the running.

Indiana Jones running from a boulder v Tuco running with a boner?

This is how a real man runs (and runs... and runs...and skips):

Although, I will admit the epicness of Ennio Morricone's score might have been diluted slightly over the years by it's repeated use on such..err... tense affairs as 'The Great British Bake Off' and 'Ready, Steady, Cook'.

The score along in GBATU is worthy of placing it over Raiders! I love Raiders but still, have to look on the 'whole' cinematic experience. Radiers 'finale' vs. GBATU's 'finale'...no comparison...

Live scores:
- 24 hrs more for voting..

9 - Raiders of the Lost Ark
7 - The Good,the Bad and the Ugly

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Why didn't I think of that?

No MCU movie? :monkey3

I guess I'll have to go with Raiders of the Lost Ark, then.

Jabs being made back and forth, but honestly, this one was a tough decision. It's only going to get tougher as we boil down to the final 2. :gah:

I'm beginning to regret taking part in this, but part of me wants to see it through to the end. :)

Back