Battle of Crete: German Paratrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see one way or another if the new casting method was effective in production. :pray:

Tell me more about this method!
What is it? And how does it effect this statue?

It really was a sight to behold, honestly it was just about the highlight of SDCC for me (as far as SS is concerned). :yess:

Essentially they are going to be using a resin that will be cast in the fle___ones (which is similar to what Hot Toys does I think, I don't collect their figures); but it achieves some seriously realistic flesh tones. It almost makes me wish they could go back and revisit some PFs with this method.

:clap

It really was a sight to behold, honestly it was just about the highlight of SDCC for me (as far as SS is concerned). :yess:

Essentially they are going to be using a resin that will be cast in the fle___ones (which is similar to what Hot Toys does I think, I don't collect their figures); but it achieves some seriously realistic flesh tones. It almost makes me wish they could go back and revisit some PFs with this method.

:clap

WOW!!! For real?

And this is the very first time?!

This statue will be famous!!

Yeah, he ain't kidding on how cool it was or the new casting method. The piece was truly one of the best at the show last year.

Another thing thats cool is it sounds like they will be using this method on both PF and 1:6th now(According to Silent Surfer here on the board). Which will be sweet.

Yeah, he ain't kidding on how cool it was or the new casting method. The piece was truly one of the best at the show last year.

Another thing thats cool is it sounds like they will be using this method on both PF and 1:6th now(According to Silent Surfer here on the board). Which will be sweet.

Great news Josh!! :clap

Pics from the show last year

SDCC2010049.jpg

SDCC2010054.jpg

SDCC2010053.jpg

SDCC2010050.jpg

oh, man. please let the production piece look this good. look at that freaking detail! just wow. i can't wait for this one. the idea of a wwii (or other historical) themed pf line makes me :drool

This PF will be arriving in 2 months time......

I'm very excited top see if the production piece will be as good as the one at SSCC..

I will take pics as soon it arrives at my door step...

Cheers

Bear

Can't wait to see in-hand pics of this. As already noted, the detail on this statue is amazing. The portrait is very well done and looks incredibly realistic, almost as good as silicon. Let's hope the production line doesnt screw this one up.

Back