Battle: Los Angeles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Movie was pretty awesome. Really liked everything about it from the acting to the pacing of the movie. Well worth seeing.

la2face.jpg

LOL...great Devil-shop!

I AM glad to see that I was not alone in liking the movie...because I liked it a lot. And I mean to the point where I was choking up...just a little...at one or two spots.

Movie was pretty awesome. Really liked everything about it from the acting to the pacing of the movie. Well worth seeing.

That made for a very fast 2 hours, didn't it.

LOL...I actually found myself hoping they would get a chance to re-group a little. But the realism of that aspect was better to have in the movie.

Yeah, it was a very quick two hours.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, other than a couple quick seconds it didn't slow down which was cool. Felt very real I think to me but I've never been in the military so maybe it wasn't.

I Liked it. However, unlike others here, I thought the film seemed every bit of two hours. The three guys I saw it with agreed. We were all surprised it was not over two hours. It was not boring or anything, it just seemed to never end. I think if they could have somehow ended it about 20 min before the end it would have been perfect.

But I did still enjoy it. I loved the whole Black Hawk Down vs Aliens thing.

In fact i think I will like this more when I see it again. Like Black Hawk Down, I had trouble telling who everyone was and thus a bit of trouble feeling for the characters. So I think repeate viewing will help.

Either way I can't wait to have this on Blu Ray. Unless they somehow screw up the audio in the transfer to disc this should be refrence material.

LOL...to be truthful, I think it was ME who needed a little break in the action.

Yeah, it was a very quick two hours.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, other than a couple quick seconds it didn't slow down which was cool. Felt very real I think to me but I've never been in the military so maybe it wasn't.

Spoiler Spoiler:

In light of that...I think it was pretty realistic to be pretty non-stop. Thinking back on the movie now, I think there were a few VERY MINOR aspects that I found to be bumped up just a bit for the sake of the movie. But I also think those inaccuracies added to the movie as opposed to detracting from it.

I saw the movie in imax...and I think I will do that again during the day on Monday.

I Liked it. However, unlike others here, I thought the film seemed every bit of two hours. The three guys I saw it with agreed. We were all surprised it was not over two hours. It was not boring or anything, it just seemed to never end. I think if they could have somehow ended it about 20 min before the end it would have been perfect.

But I did still enjoy it. I loved the whole Black Hawk Down vs Aliens thing.

In fact i think I will like this more when I see it again. Like Black Hawk Down, I had trouble telling who everyone was and thus a bit of trouble feeling for the characters. So I think repeate viewing will help.

Either way I can't wait to have this on Blu Ray. Unless they somehow screw up the audio in the transfer to disc this should be refrence material.

LOL...sounds like the non-stop action wore you out a little like it did me.

Edit - I also saw some aspects drawn from other movies including Blackhawk Down and 2 or 3 other Earth vs Aliens movies. And even though they may not have been original by themselves...they came together in a pretty unique way and made for a great movie.

LOL...great Devil-shop!

I AM glad to see that I was not alone in liking the movie...because I liked it a lot. And I mean to the point where I was choking up...just a little...at one or two spots.

Interesting.....i'm seeing this in a bit, but the character stuff is what's keeping my expectations low. So if it teared you up, you obviously cared for the characters? :D

Interesting.....i'm seeing this in a bit, but the character stuff is what's keeping my expectations low. So if it teared you up, you obviously cared for the characters? :D

I wouldn't kid a fellow freak...OK, I would, but I am not now. The movie was fantastic at every level.

This is more a Marine recruitment video than a movie - but I enjoyed it for a straight forward action film. They didn't feel the need to let much plot get in the way, although there is some simplistic character work. It's very much like playing a video game I guess.

I dont think i've seen a more inept movie in a long time. In fact, I have no idea what went on. I couldnt see anything, I didnt know anyone, I could not care less for any of the characters.

I dont know anyone's names aside from Nantz, Martinez, and Hector. The characters blended together into one blob of nothing, so I have no idea who was who. I thought the same guy got killed 3 times.....

Also, the Aliens were lame. They looked boring, acted boring, and just...were boring. Blah. BLAH.

2/10

But I think I take that all back. I wouldnt have as much of an issue with this movie if it wasnt for the Shakey cam. I couldnt make out a single thing. Every single frame of this movie was horrible. I couldnt think of one cool shot in the movie.

It actually reminded me why I love Michael Bay's movies...they LOOK cool as hell! He does the slow mo thing, bright explosions, all his movies have this very contrasted look to it....and the movie looks really good. His films have about as much character development as this one did....but this movie just looks like ass. Black Hawk Down had a great look to it. Each frame was well shot.

I would've liked more character development...but if this movie had some cool scenes, and better camera work, I probably would've dug it

Back