Statue Batman vs. Killer Croc Statue (Second Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't say about the others but mine is as good a paint job as SSC. the bandages are so real. croc is almost like rhino comi. the bones are a little too large a scale but that's something else.

I have noticed that the paint on DC Collectibles statues has been improving of late.I'm so glad to get a second chance at this statue i still rue not getting the first one.

curious, is the paint on the 1st version any good? most dcd statues have crap paint.

I agree, I picked up the Harley Arkham City statue, and had to go through four boxes before I found a pristine one in the fifth. The four before that had poor eyes, marks on the paint, etc...

Here's hoping that with the up in cost for this piece, they put a bit more time into the paint job! At least in the more noticeable spots (ie: Batman's face where cowl meets skin, etc...)

Hulk comiquette

Hulk Com, Iron Man Com, Elektra Com, Angel Com, Hulk PF, Spidey PF, Thing PF, etc...

There are quite a few SSC statues that had some small variant features to justify reselling the original statue. This happens with all companies. It is nothing new.

Wow. A version 1 just went for $700 on eBay even though chances are they know a second version is being released. That's collectors with egos and money for ya! :lol

Wow. A version 1 just went for $700 on eBay even though chances are they know a second version is being released. That's collectors with egos and money for ya! :lol

I have a hard time believing the value of the original will go down. The original Mignola Batman Black and White held its value for example. This piece is limited to 1500, whereas the new one, we don't know. Congrats to those getting the new one, myself possibly included, but the original will always be the original in the eyes of the collector.

Though the BBTS numbers suggest the edition size will be very large, that does not necessarily mean they will order that many statues. They will place a pre-order with DC based, in large measure, on the number of statues folks pre-order from them.

But as previously stated, DC Direct isn't a company to collect if you care about edition sizes. They produce stuff out the wazoo, and are not against re-releasing minor variants (this isn't the first time it has happened). If that's what motivates your collecting habits, then it might be better to stick with Sideshow.

This won't be available in Previews until later this week and orders will be open until close to the end of May, so BBTS can place their order until that time. It is not likely they will order 500+ of this statue but whatever preorders are next month plus some extra to sell in the coming months.

Back