Statue Batman vs. Killer Croc Statue (Second Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All, spoke to the seller. I have no doubt on their side, they have sold 3 types of this statue over the years, and they open and inspect every statue before shipping. 1st ed. (blue/grey), 2nd ed. (blk/grey) in a single piece and stamped and a third version or 2nd ed. Mk. II, to be assembled and these are not stamped. He mentioned this may be the second run, 1251 to 2500 but not numbered. This may also be why my box art has newer statues on the reverse and text also in French.

I wouldn't change this tho.

Your paint app looks perfect!

I've Sen some bad ones on these.

Forge, I just picked up a 2nd edition as well and it is indeed in 3 pieces to be assembled and not numbered. It is a 2015 run marked S15 on the bottom. I think many of the first run 2013-2014 were broken at the arm where batman connects to croc so DC has modified the design to ensure it won't break during shipping.

BTW they did this with the Superman vs Darkseid as well. I went through 5 of those statues due to defects. The ones marked S14 (2014) had a pin in superman's right hand to connect to Darkseid, and many did not line up properly and would not fit. The newer ones marked S15 (2015) do not have a pin so seems DC is making adjustments as they get customer complaints.

And finally, here is a recent youtube video from someone else boxing the newer S15 statue and it is in 3 pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK5uQbaxq8U

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to replace the missing batarang from Killer Croc' s shoulder on my piece? I emailed DC Direct, but I highly doubt they will have extras. What would be the easiest way to make a custom batarang to glue in place? Thanks.

I had the 2nd edition (sold it a few months ago) and it was all one piece. No assembly was required. I hate to say it but you might have a recasted statue.

I also opened my second edition release of this statue in the last month. It was in storage for...a year? More? Hard to remember. Anyway, it was all one piece. aa909's post sounds like it could be the explanation as I purchased mine long ago.

I also opened my second edition release of this statue in the last month. It was in storage for...a year? More? Hard to remember. Anyway, it was all one piece. aa909's post sounds like it could be the explanation as I purchased mine long ago.

Yeah, it's definitely possible. I received mine early on and they could have changed it. There was a lot of breakage issues with it when they shipped it as one piece.

Crazy didn't know they had a second release of the second edition (black suit) batman vs. killer croc. It was kind of pissing me off how all of a sudden new statues were showing up everywhere at comic shops and how cheap the statues were going for online. So these second releases are not numbered, hmmm. I wonder if most people will realize the difference?

Man ...I'm actually thinking about buying this! I like the sculpt ...but the only thing I don't know is the scale. And I don't see the scale being mentioned in the first post.

Anybody know the scale for this piece?

IMG_20160331_214257953.jpg

Man ...I'm actually thinking about buying this! I like the sculpt ...but the only thing I don't know is the scale. And I don't see the scale being mentioned in the first post.

Anybody know the scale for this piece?

Scale is approximately 1:8.

Back