Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol :lol

Next up: Midsommar League :rotfl

There are no words to describe how absurd that Superman cameo is in Shazam you really have to see it on YouTube for yourself to see how WB embarrassed themselves.

Oh wow I just youtubed it, lol. I'll never be angry at Disney for cropping their IMAX movies again after seeing that. :lol

Superman continues to be an unmitigated disaster in the DCEU, lol.

The best part is the kids reaction to Superman. :yess: It's called, respect :bow....or pure, unadulterated fear, that he'll snap all their necks and melt their brains with his laser vision.

Oh wow I just youtubed it, lol. I'll never be angry at Disney for cropping their IMAX movies again after seeing that. :lol

Superman continues to be an unmitigated disaster in the DCEU, lol.

Marvel cameo

4f0720c8f5f6b12138958fc2d09abd815068cca9.jpg

DC cameo

maxresdefault.jpg

:lol

OMFG......Was Shazam set in the town of Sleepy Hollow? How could anyone think that was a good idea?

:lol :lol

I'm going to have nightmares about Headless Superman showing up in my room at night. The fact that he didn't talk only heightened the sense that he really had no head. No wonder all the kids in the lunchroom could only look on in shock.

JL: "Oh no our CG mouth turned Superman into a laughingstock."

Shazam: "Hold my beer."

To be fair, Cap would benefit from the WB cameo treatment. :chase

That’s kinda the point I was getting at. DC has an awesome looking superman that they can’t even give a proper cameo, meanwhile marvel got Chris Evans back in his infamous Avengers suit to do multiple cameos throughout homecoming lol

What the hell is the point of a surprise reveal if you're not going to actually...um *reveal* the character, lol.

WB executives were like, "We'll show Cavill. Superman is bigger than ANY actor!! HAHAHAHA!"

Shazam director - "Umm...you guy know that Superman doesn't wear a mask, right?"

WB - "There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept."

So marketing was free. :dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The budget quoted for the film does not include marketing it is what the movie costs to make. The marketing and theater cuts are factored in after. The rough formula for total movie cost including theater cut and marketing is around 2.5 to 3 times its actual budget. Lets say it actually did cost 100m and not 80m all costs where 250 to 300m. Anything above that is pure profit. The movie made 365m worldwide so this movie made at the very least made 65m profit. That is not a bomb not in my books not every movie has to make 1 billion dollars profit.

The budget quoted for the film does not include marketing it is what the movie costs to make. The marketing and theater cuts are factored in after. The rough formula for total movie cost including theater cut and marketing is around 2.5 to 3 times its actual budget. Lets say it actually did cost 100m and not 80m all costs where 250 to 300m. Anything above that is pure profit. The movie made 365m worldwide so this movie made at the very least made 65m profit. That is not a bomb not in my books not every movie has to make 1 billion dollars profit.

Isn't that still going to be split with the theaters though?

I'm not saying it didn't profit (it probably did) but I wonder if it met the expectations of the studio and its investors.

It’s crazy that “The Boys” has now even took control of Superman’s identity because anything WB does now will be compared to Homelander’s heat vision scene.

WB done messed up lol

Isn't that still going to be split with the theaters though?

I'm not saying it didn't profit (it probably did) but I wonder if it met the expectations of the studio and its investors.

No. The theater cut is factored into the rough x3 formula. So 100m x3 = 300m which included production, marketing and theater cuts. That leaves 65m left over which is the profit of WB. Did it make huge money no but it made a profit and was a hit with fans and critics and that is that they wanted.

Not sure what's the point of coming in here to continually bash the film. Yeah you guys don't like DCEU, we get it. Time for you guys to move on.

Not sure what's the point of coming in here to continually bash the film. Yeah you guys don't like DCEU, we get it. Time for you guys to move on.

Reminds me of the Last Jedi thread, but much, much tamer.

Apparently you've been appointed internet police?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back