Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this movie holds up well as a film but as a loosely collected series of scenes and images, I remember finding it quite breathtaking.

I was an absolutely voracious DC reader in the late 80s/early 90s, and this movie is clearly a love letter to the "grimdark" comics of that era. The underrated Dan Jurgens runs on Superman; the Dark Knight and post-"Death in the Family" Batman stuff.

I sat in the theater just beaming to see all this stuff on the screen, with all the moody shot compositions and almost David Lynch/Stanley Kubrick like music.

Re-watching it, I'll admit the pacing is awful and it just doesn't gel as a cohesive movie, but I still love the atmosphere and the look of it. I remember thinking while watching it "Oh man, this is NOT for everyone. This is gonna flop hard." My brother loved it like I did though, cause he was reading all those books along with me.

And then along came a little movie called "Justice League" that was essentially the cinematic equivalent of a root canal, wide awake, with no anesthetic.

Oh well. At least we still got Tao Okamoto as Mercy Graves, and since she barely talks, her crappy acting doesn't detract from how hot she is!

Tao+Okamoto+Inside+Innovator+Year+Awards+Part+Jw07w1-0OfPl.jpg

It's watchable. It's a film with great moments. If it had been film number 3, 4 or 5 featuring these characters I think it would have played a lot better. Alas, for me, it just doesn't work as film number 2 for Superman considering what happens to him and only film number 1 for Batman and Wonder Woman.

I recently read an interview with Cavill where he said the exact same thing, that he wanted to do another solo movie first. I feel like that would've helped the death land better if the audience had more investment in the character, because as it stands it tends to be one of the biggest gripes I see people bring up.

I love this movie! Way too long though. It pulls through with a little fast forward editing when I watch [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]. But damn it is gorgeous on blu Ray 3D. One of the best looking superhero films for sure. And it’s a gift from god that I get to watch batffleck in THAT costume doing some bad ass things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wb doesn’t know how to handle its properties well

I was actually about to agree with you, but then I thought about it more and it's not like they've never had any good movies. I mean the Burton and Nolan films are great, everyone seems to like WW and Aquaman movies. I feel like their biggest miss is Superman, for some reason. They just can't seem to figure out how to make a solid Superman film.

I was actually about to agree with you, but then I thought about it more and it's not like they've never had any good movies. I mean the Burton and Nolan films are great, everyone seems to like WW and Aquaman movies. I feel like their biggest miss is Superman, for some reason. They just can't seem to figure out how to make a solid Superman film.

Also Batman now. They had a golden opportunity to have Ben Affleck star and direct and they wasted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes this was before the mcu. Also they focused on Batman so much. They said they don’t have faith in Wonder Woman and the other characters at one point even tho they’ve proven time and time again to be major sellers. They had a complete head start in the movie hero buissness but because they were so blinded by fear and idiocy they lost to marvel who fully embraced there crazy universe. When they tried to play catch up it was to late

I wouldn't necessarily say it was because they were too late, it's they're approach that wasn't well thought out.

Man of Steel
The Batman
Batman V Superman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Suicide Squad
Justice League

Something along those lines would've made a lot more sense. You can't just shoe horn characters into a movie and expect audiences to care about them. They need to take their time and establish these heros to begin with.

Back