BATMAN - MEDICOM vs HOT TOYS vs TAKARA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tak Bats is a beautiful Figure with a great sculpt and the ONLY version with training harness although the head mask (balaclava) is inaccurate.

I bought the HT Bats, then sold it to get a Tak. When I saw the new HT BB, I sold the Tak. That pretty much sums it up for me.

Make mine Hot Toys... although I kinda wish his suit was less matte. Kinda like how the others have a bit of a sheen to them. But still, overall HT V2

Make mine Hot Toys... although I kinda wish his suit was less matte. Kinda like how the others have a bit of a sheen to them. But still, overall HT V2

If the BB suit is rubber/latex like it appears then you should be able to use a little of latex polish. This is the stuff people use on their latex clothing to shine it up ;) Stay away from anything with oil in it though, since that will destroy it.

The Tak Bats is a beautiful Figure with a great sculpt and the ONLY version with training harness although the head mask (balaclava) is inaccurate.

I bought the HT Bats, then sold it to get a Tak. When I saw the new HT BB, I sold the Tak. That pretty much sums it up for me.

...what? that you're indecisive?!:lol

I do like the new hot toys re-do but frankly i cant justify getting another version of the same figure. I'll gladly settle with Takara

Are we comparing the ones released for Batman Begins? If so I think that Hot Toys one is the newer figure but I may be wrong.

Anyways I pick Takara

If I had to put one of them in a film, it would be Takara.

Takara version for me too. I have the HT one on preorder but I prefer the Takara one because it just looks better proportionally. I don't care about film accuracy at all.

Gentlemen, I agree with you all :cool:

Owning both the Tak Bats and the HT v2, there is no contest in my opinion. The HT Bats is currently displayed on one of my shelves, the Tak Bats is in its box, packed away (as I contemplate selling it off).

Don't get me wrong, the Tak Bats was the best when it came out and is a fine figure. The current HT figure is just a much better figure overall.

But, as they say, to each their own. Oh, and a nice resurrection of an old thread from before most people on this site had the HT one in hand.

People would still prefer the Takara over the V2 HT's bats? :confused: Really?

Don't get me wrong my Takara was my favorite figure at one time but imo its not even close to what HT's released.

I would assume the ones that prefer Takara have never seen the V2 HT's in person? Sorry its a no brainer.

People would still prefer the Takara over the V2 HT's bats? :confused: Really?

Don't get me wrong my Takara was my favorite figure at one time but imo its not even close to what HT's released.

I would assume the ones that prefer Takara have never seen the V2 HT's in person? Sorry its a no brainer.

²
I especially sold my takara for the Hot Toys one.
It took me a while tough :) I had to be convinced by some good in hand pictures. They got me over and I must say, the Hot toys is better, I did some mod on it, and now it looks even better.
I shortened the neck part, pinned down the triangles and give it the takara cape and now it is the best Begins figure out there. :)

pictures in my signature

²
I especially sold my takara for the Hot Toys one.
It took me a while tough :) I had to be convinced by some good in hand pictures. They got me over and I must say, the Hot toys is better, I did some mod on it, and now it looks even better.
I shortened the neck part, pinned down the triangles and give it the takara cape and now it is the best Begins figure out there. :)

pictures in my signature

Thats cool, I just don't have the balls to make the cape mod. I do LOVE the way it looks with Takara cape though, it does make it better.

I've always wanted a bubble bath Batman. Wonder if the heat would make the Takara rubber more pliable. It's horribly firm as is.

The funny thing here is that this thread stopped getting replys in late July of last year, which was right around the time that HT released their BB Batman v2. I don't own either figure but that alone is enough for me.

Back