BATMAN - MEDICOM vs HOT TOYS vs TAKARA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can't see what we see, your HT blinkers are getting in the way.
i only care about likeness and the takara looks nothing like film batman. there's no detail in the mask up in the eye area. plus the mouth hole isnt big enough or the right shape and the boots look like he's ready to be the 5th member of kiss(though they seem alright in this picture). overrated.

It's funny that so many dislike the Tak Bats cape because that's my favorite part of that figure. It may be thin but that allows it too hang more naturally and it's the perfect length. I never did like the thick, oversized cape that the HT Bats has.

I hope that isn't the way the new HT Bats cape is. Anybody know for sure if they changed the cape design for the new one?

Yes, they did. Not nearly as big as HT V1.
The actual cape is a flocked parachute type material. HT got that flocked look right in V1, now it is also a superior cape.

Cool. I was hoping they'd improve that cape a bit.

Here ya go Coco...

1DK_Batman_12inches.jpg

20080719121448572.jpg.jpg

20080719121430765.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I just noticed something odd with the new Hot Toys figure.

Check out his knees. You can see that they're not aligned with the "knee pad" of the suit. You can see the joint sticking out at the side in a few of those photos.

I don't see that with the TAKARA figure. I guess that's where the "poseable" part comes into play here.

What they should have done is placed the V1 and V2 side by side in these pics and show how much Hot Toys have improved.

My old rankings were:

1. TAKARA
2. Nothing else compared at that time :p

My new rankings are:

1. Hot Toys V2
2. TAKARA

As much as I love my TAKARA Bats and paid a small fortune for it, I will admit that Hot Toys has blown the TAKARA away with the V2.

Extremely movie accurate and I have it on pre-order. PLUS I'll be keeping my TAKARA version as too ;)

Yeah, no question it's badass.

New Body, excellent articulation, new suit design, new cowl sculpt, great Bale sculpt, they made the cape shorter, more acccessories, three sets of hands and the gauntlets aren't glossy black anymore... they look much better with the improved body suit now.

Very Cool figure. :blackbat

I love Medicom and all, but why are they wasting their resources on this? I'd much rather have another MGS4 character. At least they got the crotch right.

My guess is that the people saying they prefer the takara bats over hts is that they ARE already owners of the takara bats and don't want to justify spending an extra $150 on ht's new bats, therefore they convince themselves tk bats is better :)
lol j/k, but honestly, ht's rapes the ^^^^ out of takara's bats.

My guess is that the people saying they prefer the takara bats over hts is that they ARE already owners of the takara bats and don't want to justify spending an extra $150 on ht's new bats, therefore they convince themselves tk bats is better :)

I don't get it why can't people accept that both these figures are exceptional and some people prefer one while others prefer the other. No way that HT's rapes the ^^^^ out of Takara Bats. Takara's looks like an exaggerated comic version of the Begins Batman but no way in hell does that mean it sucks. For people who don't need Batman looking film accurate this is a good choice. And this isn't about not wanting to justify an extra $150 on the HT version cause I have the HT version preordered as well. I could say that you are trying to justify the $150+ you spent on your HT Batman. Some people like skinny girls and some like healthy looking girls and its the same with Batman figures :D

I prefer the Hot Toys version, but I'm not sure why people are being so dismissive of the Medicom version. Yeah, it's the worst of the three, but is it THAT bad? I would also like to state that I don't see Bale in the Takara sculpt at all.

I personally like the new HT version the best even though I own the Tak. Only thing that bothers me is the neck seems a tad long, and the way the base of the cowl is rounded and not movie accurate. I guess that wouldn't be too hard to fix, but I also don't have $200 to blow in the fig at the moment.
________
Medical Marijuana

Last edited:
No fighting please or the Joker will not be pleased!!

Asking a bit much there breaker. :lol

Taks looks the part. HT looks like a fat old ^art. Medicom may be small, but still has more packages in his delivery sack, though Hot Toys wins in an opinion poll.

Sorry guys no mention of movie accuracy whatsoever in the title of this thread. Just one vs the other. So Hot Toys wins, but it appears that there are still inaccuracies in the Hot Toys camp. So it looks like close enough is good enough. Only a collector is going to really know the finer differences anyway. To the average Joe, the overall look would put Taks on top of the ladder. So on display, on a shelf, I would have to say Taks wins. It's just a better looking doll.

takara is fugly. nuff said. bale should find out who's inside that takara costume and kick his ass for stealing his identity.

ps. he can use the takara moonboots to do the ass kicking.

You place the whole look on the part sticking out of the costume. That's your choice.

This whole argument went on when Batman Begins first came out. I bought the Hot Toys one. Movie accuracy. When Takara reissued theirs. I bought one. I happen to like it much more and regret buying the Begins one to tell you the truth. I regret the things I said to people, who bought the first Takara, who tried to tell me how good it was.

HT latest Begins Bats is an improvement, no worries about that, but who can say it is better than the Tak till they have it in hand, and have had a Tak Bat to compare it with. No one really. Not yet, but soon.

Hi,
newbie here. I've owned all three from Batman Begins and it was no contest. The Takara Batman was the best (don't know about the new HT redo).

HT's BB version looked chunky and had articulation problem especially in the neck area. When you moved the head, the cowl base moved too so there ended up being a sizeable gap.

Medicom's version was too small compared to TK & HT BB. It also lacked good articulation/poseability vs. TK's. The best thing with RAH was the belt. It looked nicer than the other two.

TK BB had the best articulation/poseability and facial sculpt. The biggest disappointment were the boots which look cheap and are clunky (i've been trying to find alternate ones forever). Another concern (but is what gives TK the win in articulation/poseability) is the rubber suit. It can rip if you're not careful and picks up dust easily (besides being less accurate than HT's suit).
Otherwise TK's version was the best with an extra head (very good CB likeness), extra hands and a pre-batsuit harness set.

Anyway, just my .02!

BTW, I ended up selling the HT & RAH BB b/c the Takara version, with it's flaws, still won hands down.

Back