Batman Life Size Bust Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yes but I'd like to think I can keep somewhat of a sound mind about these things. :lol

For instance I can agree that they did a better job capturing the Joker in his PF than they did with the 1/4 scale First Avenger (which I still love.)

I, and many other collectors, feel as though the overall quality of the SS pieces based on the non marvel licenses (DC, Vampirella, video games, etc..) surpasses that of the Marvel pieces as of late (generally speaking) :dunno

the original

400112press02001.jpg

custom
with bigger eyes

24844958.jpg

I haven't read all the posts on this thread but I've got to believe that I'm not the only one that isn't "feeling" this bust. He appears wall-eyed, and the price is a little high. Normally I'll bite on anything Batman. This will be a pass for me, unless they modify it. :wave

Batman fans have been spoiled with quality products across all media for decades. 89 Batman, Frank Miller's comic run, Batman: The Animated Series, Mask of the Phantasm, Begins, The Dark Knight, video games, HT figures, even the classic camp of the 60's show.

I don't think this bust is bad at all. Like The Mike said it looks like an Alex Ross with white eyes. It isn't perfect but that picture with the bust next to the Joker PF is all kinds of awesome.

Honestly in this take of Batman... I see a realistic version of Tim Sale's style mix with Neal Adams' style Batman.

please dudes,take a look to this pics, i get for you and then tell me your opinions

400112_press01.jpg

400112_press02.jpg

400112_press03.jpg

400112_press04.jpg

400112_press05.jpg

400112_press06.jpg

400112_press07.jpg

400112_press08.jpg

i think is a new grail

cortesy of electro enterprises

please dudes,take a look to this pics, i get for you and then tell me your opinions

400112_press01.jpg

400112_press02.jpg

400112_press03.jpg

400112_press04.jpg

400112_press05.jpg

400112_press06.jpg

400112_press07.jpg

400112_press08.jpg

i think is a new grail

cortesy of electro enterprises

Giving it a a 9.7 out of 10 (and I'm a very harsh critic) Truly captures the essence of The Batman on an emotional, spiritual and physical level

The more I look at it, the more I hate it. It's like the artist never taken life drawing or anatomy classes. Bruce could never be a "playboy" with those eyes, he's a freak of nature.

Mouth is very Terminator/Schwarzeneggery to me. Also, like everyone else says, the eyes are too far apart.

Other than that, bust has nice texture to it. ;)

Truth be told, here's what Andy Bergholtz himself has just posted over on SF:

Shoo said:
FYI, the eyes are not nearly as far apart as they appear in these photos. I know it sounds cliche', but the dark lighting really diminishes them. The bust IS stylized, but the spheres I used for the eyes are actually LARGER than real human eyes, and are definitely not 3 eye-widths apart. There is a bit of a behind-the-scenes feature coming up on the Sideshow production blog that will show some unpainted (and more importantly, brightly lit) photos. I'll also post more images on my facebook page after that feature goes up. Stay tuned. :wink1:

Well, I found it puzzling that you could have made what seemed such a glaring mistake, so I'm happy to hear it isn't so, and I'm sure those who are really interested in the character will be even happier. Thanks a lot for clarifying this, Andy. :wink2:

we have here the best 2 life size comic bust ever made in history of humanity :exactly:

At this level I am experiencing orgasms extraphysical and emotional soooo strongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy

400105_press01.jpg

400112_press02.jpg

This Batman is Asian.
The Ideal Face: Chinese painters have traditionally employed a standard grid to portray both "ideal" Asian and Occidental faces.

Horizontally, the face is divided into equal fifths: distance from the ear canal to the edge of one eye, width of the first eye, space between the two eyes, width of the second eye, and distance from the edge of the second eyes to the second ear.

Vertically, the face is divided into equal thirds: distance from the hairline to the brow, distance from the brow to the base of the nose, and distance from the base of the nose to the bottom of the chin.

Large deviations from this 5 by 3 grid may be noticeable, but moderate variations are more common than not. Exact "ideal" proportions are only typical of department store manikins made of plastic and plaster and not real people made from flesh and blood.

we have here the best 2 life size comic bust ever made in history of humanity :exactly:

At this level I am experiencing orgasms extraphysical and emotional soooo strongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy

400105_press01.jpg

400112_press02.jpg

I 100% agree with you. Both these busts are worthy to be the best ever made!:goodpost: But I don't know about the orgasm part though LOL

Damn, two of my favorite all-time comic characters right there. Unfortunately, collecting lots of crap means making difficult choices, and I just can't budget for those.

posted elsewhere.....

FYI, the eyes are not nearly as far apart as they appear in these photos. I know it sounds cliche', but the dark lighting really diminishes them. The bust IS stylized, but the spheres I used for the eyes are actually LARGER than real human eyes, and are definitely not 3 eye-widths apart. There is a bit of a behind-the-scenes feature coming up on the Sideshow production blog that will show some unpainted (and more importantly, brightly lit) photos. I'll also post more images on my facebook page after that feature goes up. Stay tuned. :)

Back