Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended auction last night as a forum member purchased item. In regards to the allegations i doctored the item that is not the case. This is exactly how I received item from Sideshow. As a member pointed out if I wanted to doctor item i would have certainly made a better job as all edition numbers are easily removed.
If i wanted to hide anything I could have easily not responded to requests for pics and would certainly not revealed myself as a forum-member considering the reputation damage this would bring me

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

How about posting those pics you took on here? Considering your long history as a member and low post count/zero feedback, your reputation here is hardly established.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

How about posting those pics you took on here? Considering your long history as a member and low post count/zero feedback, your reputation here is hardly established.

They are still on the eBay page if you want to see them

I posted pics on ebay as I wasn't sure how to upload them on the forum. I have not protested at all. I posted pics of item I received and accept the judgement of members. I am in no win situation You are correct I have been registered as a member for a long time and rarely post, although visit forum a few times a week.

If i had so desired I could have easily removed pics before ending item in order to stop members viewing them. As i have already said I am in no win situation

Not saying it was done after the fact, but this is what I thought of when I saw it. Original on left, modified by me on the right to see what it looked like as 0080.

Attachments

• 89.jpg
    89.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 207
I can see discrepancies with the theory though, space inside the hoop of the last number bigger than the rest. It also has the same uneven "arc" as the other #89. Smaller second 0, lower last number, etc... so who knows. Does SS keep a record of which number gets sent out to who? That would settle it.

Does (or can) Sideshow track where a series of numbers were originally shipped into? Here in my country, our official SSC distributor makes an entry log which # is received by whom.

I'm no expert, but to me the last digit on the brown shipper box shown on ebay looks tampered with. The numbers were written by a right-handed person, and the head of that "9" shares the same stroke as the 2 zeroes before the 8, that is, you can tell where the person ended the stroke and lifted the pen. That's some unique way of writing a "9" there. The 9 on the base doesn't look right with the rest of the numbers as well.

Does (or can) Sideshow track where a series of numbers were originally shipped into? Here in my country, our official SSC distributor makes an entry log which # is received by whom.

I'm no expert, but to me the last digit on the brown shipper box shown on ebay looks tampered with. The numbers were written by a right-handed person, and the head of that "9" shares the same stroke as the 2 zeroes before the 8, that is, you can tell where the person ended the stroke and lifted the pen. That's some unique way of writing a "9" there. The 9 on the base doesn't look right with the rest of the numbers as well.

Here is the box too:

Attachments

• 892.jpg
    892.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 206
I can see discrepancies with the theory though, space inside the hoop of the last number bigger than the rest. It also has the same uneven "arc" as the other #89. Smaller second 0, lower last number, etc... so who knows. Does SS keep a record of which number gets sent out to who? That would settle it.

Read your post after I entered mine. That made me smile :)

so guys can anyone help me out my Batman peg will not go all the way in as the right leg hits the step before it can go in all the way, the hole is big enough as by turning it a different way i can get the peg all the way in, has anyone experienced this and any suggestions for dealing with it?

With so many premium formats being pushed back, the Keaton Premium format may be one I could see buying right now. Does SSC have anything planned for a follow up with Joker or the Returns characters Catwoman or Penguin? This statue looks like it turned out really well and it seems a shame to stop when there are other big characters that would do well. I know SSC is pretty tight-lipped about everything, but has there been anything said?

With so many premium formats being pushed back, the Keaton Premium format may be one I could see buying right now. Does SSC have anything planned for a follow up with Joker or the Returns characters Catwoman or Penguin? This statue looks like it turned out really well and it seems a shame to stop when there are other big characters that would do well. I know SSC is pretty tight-lipped about everything, but has there been anything said?

Quite a few of us have asked but they have said no other Burton characters are in the works yet. If they make anymore I'll buy them all.

so guys can anyone help me out my Batman peg will not go all the way in as the right leg hits the step before it can go in all the way, the hole is big enough as by turning it a different way i can get the peg all the way in, has anyone experienced this and any suggestions for dealing with it?

Seems like it is not a too uncommon problem this one.
The hole in my base is quite an tight fit. And i cannot get the peg in when turning the statue in another way.
As others stated the right foot thouched the step before fixing the problem. I also managed to get the peg deeper in than before. So now it is harder to notice the space between.
I don`t think i will risk/bother making the peg hole a better fit.

So maybe it is too tight when turned the right way....

f8273f0c83fe2dab97f9cd4ede0983cf.jpg

THE Batman.

Keaton redefined the character, and while one can't ignore that the Nolan trilogy resurrected the franchise (and that they weren't bad films, really) the fact remains that Keaton is the god damn Batman.

This is SSC's finest PF to date. The best ever.

f8273f0c83fe2dab97f9cd4ede0983cf.jpg

THE Batman.

Keaton redefined the character, and while one can't ignore that the Nolan trilogy resurrected the franchise (and that they weren't bad films, really) the fact remains that Keaton is the god damn Batman.

This is SSC's finest PF to date. The best ever.

Okay I couldn't help myself. I know you love the movie...its pretty obvious but "redefined the character" really....really? come on man.

Back