Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously the numbers are handwritten on the base, so it'd be fairly easy to turn a 0, 3, 5, 6, or 9 into an 8. Or possibly blacking out/erasing the first number or first two numbers like 689 or 1189 or 1089. I guess it would depend on what the box has printed on it.

Maybe there's 89 89s out there, haha!

Both my box and base have 89 on them as per pics I sent my accuser. You are correct it's easy to alter base but harder to alter box. When it comes to Sideshow QC an item having the same number does not surprise me and therefore never doubt anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if SSC ****ed up and issued 2 #89s. Why is that so hard to believe? With how many pieces they get back, replace, etc...this could easily happen. Also, who cares? If anyone really wants to pay more because of it being #89, they're an idiot with too much money.:rotfl

I wouldn't be surprised if SSC ****ed up and issued 2 #89s. Why is that so hard to believe? With how many pieces they get back, replace, etc...this could easily happen. Also, who cares? If anyone really wants to pay more because of it being #89, they're an idiot with too much money.:rotfl
Totally agree. I have to sell mine on ebay for a high amount as I am based in the UK by the time I pay ebay, paypal, fedex and customs fees which are over $200 it's difficult to break even never mind make a profit.m

Both my box and base have 89 on them as per pics I sent my accuser. You are correct it's easy to alter base but harder to alter box. When it comes to Sideshow QC an item having the same number does not surprise me and therefore never doubt anything.

Believe me, it wouldn't surprise me either if they screwed up.

Obviously the numbers are handwritten on the base, so it'd be fairly easy to turn a 0, 3, 5, 6, or 9 into an 8. Or possibly blacking out/erasing the first number or first two numbers like 689 or 1189 or 1089. I guess it would depend on what the box has printed on it.

Maybe there's 89 89s out there, haha!
Having already been called a liar on this forum before even being contacted I am not saying that marker has altered his item but looking at the 9 on the base of the statue it looks like it could have easily started as a 1 than made a nine in the factory. The outer box number looks to be in different style. I 100% believe marker received number 89 as did I.

It would be much easier if sideshow officially stencilled the base number as well as numbering the foot of the statue.

Having already been called a liar on this forum before even being contacted I am not saying that marker has altered his item but looking at the 9 on the base of the statue it looks like it could have easily started as a 1 than made a nine in the factory. The outer box number looks to be in different style. I 100% believe marker received number 89 as did I.

And looking at the pic you sent me, it looks like yours could've easily started as a zero. It's tough to tell with your upside down pic and the number is cutoff. Post those pics you sent me here and let everyone else see.

I have sent you pics and posted photo of items base on ebay, for people on the forum to view and make their own opinion. Is it that hard to believe Sideshow factory made a mistake and numbered 2 pieces numbered 89?

Last edited:
"Why would I lie about a number"

Maybe an unscrupulous sort would do so as they think people would actually give a **** about such things and, as such, they could try and worm a higher price out of it?

The one listed on ebay specifically mentions that it is #89 in the listing title, so you obviously see it as a selling point.

Allso, you're attempting to sell it for almost double it's worth on the back of that. It's on ebay for £600 when it's available to buy, brand new, in the UK, right now, for £300.

So, whether it's the real deal or a bit of dastardly doodling, you obviously think it's something someone can cash in on.

"Why would I lie about a number"

Maybe an unscrupulous sort would do so as they think people would actually give a **** about such things and, as such, they could try and worm a higher price out of it?

The one listed on ebay specifically mentions that it is #89 in the listing title, so you obviously see it as a selling point.

Allso, you're attempting to sell it for almost double it's worth on the back of that. It's on ebay for £600 when it's available to buy, brand new, in the UK, right now, for £300.

So, whether it's the real deal or a bit of dastardly doodling, you obviously think it's something someone can cash in on.

Please advise me of an exclusive for sale for £300. If there is I will buy it. To break even this has to sell for £450 once I factor I fedex and customs fees and ebay and paypal fees. Item is actually for sale for £575 or best offer. The 89 number is there as the item is number 89. I make no big deal of the number in the listing as a selling point

Last edited:
I have sent you pics and posted photo of items base on ebay, for people on the forum to view and make their own opinion. Is it that hard to believe Sideshow factory made a mistake and numbered 2 pieces numbered 89?

I see the new pics added on ebay but I still don't see evidence that its an exclusive as in 89 of 1250. Am I missing something?

Was using my camera phone to take close up pics of base number. If you look carefully after the slash you see the number 1 which is the start of 1250

Back