Batman hot toys suit case rumors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno man, most of them are pretty influential/"important".

Donner's Superman in 1978, Burton's Batman in 1989, the Singer X-Men movies at the start of the 2000s, Raimi's Spider-Man in 2002, Nolan's Batman in 2005, the start of Iron Man in 2008, the Avengers in 2012.

Nolan's Batman films- in particular TDK, introduced a darker, realistic tone away from the more cartoonish superhero elements- and yes 2008's IM took that guideline and started the roll ...TDK was alot of crime thriller/drama ....even though Burton's Batman had a darker tone, it wasn't realistic in any sense....(still a masterpiece)

But there's no one way to make a superhero comicbook movie, or any movie for that matter.

They all have their merits and were innovative for something. The whole genre is building blocks.

There's absolutely nothing "realistic" about a comic book movie. It really makes me LOL whenever I read that.

It's a guy on a rubber suit. Unless it's Halloween, it never happens. Seriously.

The only movie that made audiences give a damn about comic book heroes was 1989 Batman. Period.

And I don't hate TDK, while great, it's not a classic YET. Hence the reason most of the stuff recently released is not selling.

"Realistic"...... SMMFH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that, given time, The Dark Knight will become a classic. It's got an engaging story, high standards of performances (including one of the best in all recent films), great action set pieces, interesting themes...

Given time, I think it will definitely be remembered alongside 1989 Batman as one of the all time great Batman movies.

The only movie that made audiences give a damn about comic book heroes was 1989 Batman. Period.

I'd argue that 1978 Superman was just as instrumental as '89 Bats.

There's absolutely nothing "realistic" about a comic book movie. It really makes me LOL whenever I read that.

It's a guy on a rubber suit. Unless it's Halloween, it never happens. Seriously.

And I don't hate TDK, while great, it's not a classic YET. Hence the reason most of the stuff recently released is not selling.

"Realistic"...... SMMFH.

89 bats may be the only one that made YOU and your friends give a damn...but the 7 billion dollars spent on tickets for marvel, the 4 billion spent on spider-man, the 2.4 billion on xmen all say your "period" statement is wrong. Just becuase it effected you that way doesn't mean it did others. There are billions of people on the planet who either where not alive or to young to even remember 89 batman, and those people grew up with other films having that effect.

People need to stop acting like their life experience is the same as everyone else. Just becuase you like it, doesn't mean everyone else did. And just becuase you didn't like it, doesn't mean others feel the same. For multiple generations Nolans batman has infinite for meaning then 89 batman. And the only way to gauge actual audience connection is tickets and merchandise sales. And two out of the three Nolan batman films DESTROY 89 batman in that regard. Yes, it's in part to a more connected world. Social media and 24 hour news cycles. But that doesn't change the fact that your claim is just wrong. I know i prefer Nolans batman to burtons. And I went to the theater to watch burtons. But in 1989 and the 1990s being a comic book fan was still counter culture. It wasn't main stream. Being a geek was not cool. And now super heroes are main stream. They actually drive pop culture. So movies now connect with a bigger audience and have a bigger effect then they did in 1989. Sorry to ruin your world view with actual facts, but outside of your own life absolutely nothing supports your argument that 89 batman is the only movie to (cbm) to connect with audiences. In fact I'd say it's effect on audiences compared to avengers and tdk and the tdkr and so on is minor. It didn't change anything. If it had "connected" in the way you claim it wouldn't have taken nearly 20 years before another movie actually did connect with audiences and make comic book movies the focus of theater not an after thought.

As for your point that dudes in rubber suits don't actually exist-maybe not to the batman level, yet, but there are hundreds of men and women that put on costumes and actually do some of that stuff. So on that point , the crack you made about how people don't wear rubber suits, ever..your wrong again. Happens every day in dozens of countries. It's like you live in a bubble and everything in your little world is everything that happens everywhere. Might want to stop living in the past and get out of the house a bit. Read a book. Watch the news. You seem upset about everything, in that "get off my lawn" type of way.

10 Inspiring Real Life Super-Heroes Around The World Who Have Made It Their Mission To Help Others | moviepilot.com

You had me till the end, that's only going to give fuel to Franny's rebuttals. I laughed hard at that article, Captain Australia and Superbarrio are the best. :lol

Yeah 89 Batman was important at the time- but as far as social/cultural impact that lasts the Nolan films will be the hooks to hang your cowl on for many years to come...

'89 was the first ''serious'' and ''cinematic'' Batman. It has that going for it. In that sense Nolan's Batman is...well, another cinematic Batman. Batfleck will be another and whoever plays Batman after that will be another again. But '89 will always have been the first.

Also the Bat symbol from the Burton movies remains the most commonplace even post-Nolan.

'89 was the first ''serious'' and ''cinematic'' Batman. It has that going for it. In that sense Nolan's Batman is...well, another cinematic Batman. Batfleck will be another and whoever plays Batman after that will be another again. But '89 will always have been the first.

Also the Bat symbol from the Burton movies remains the most commonplace even post-Nolan.

Yep, people who weren't old enough to remember the impact of the '89 Batman movie really don't understand how huge it was. It was EVERYWHERE. Like Times Square, MTV, selling out T-shirts kind of everywhere.

I love both the Burton and Nolan movies, but the '89 movie made people take comics seriously since the last time Batman shifted the cultural perception of comic books (the 1966's TV show). Batman Begins was a minor blip on the radar compared to that, and while the Dark Knight had the first real Oscar buzz for a superhero movie, the '89 movie changed how we look at blockbusters, from everything to a merchandising standpoint to a main actor's pay to a pop soundtrack created just for a film.

Yep, people who weren't old enough to remember the impact of the '89 Batman movie really don't understand how huge it was. It was EVERYWHERE. Like Times Square, MTV, selling out T-shirts kind of everywhere.

I love both the Burton and Nolan movies, but the '89 movie made people take comics seriously since the last time Batman shifted the cultural perception of comic books (the 1966's TV show). Batman Begins was a minor blip on the radar compared to that, and while the Dark Knight had the first real Oscar buzz for a superhero movie, the '89 movie changed how we look at blockbusters, from everything to a merchandising standpoint to a main actor's pay to a pop soundtrack created just for a film.

That sound track was epic!

Exactly. I don't see how it is so difficult to grasp that concept. I'm not "hating" on TDK, in fact, I'm thankful for what it did for the Batman Franchise. But to call it a "classic" is a bit rushed at the moment IMO. Will it be? ABSOLUTELY.

If TDK was your first introduction to the character, that's fine. But from that to say that it paved the way for every other "serious" (LOL) comic book film it's utterly ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as the "gritty and realistic" BS.

"Realistic" and "comic book" do not go well together, and I'm fine with that. People that believe otherwise must be smoking something GOOD.

What Bat symbol from the Burton movies? That Bat in an oval symbol was from the comics way before that. Of course it is the most commonplace post-Nolan...it was commonplace pre-Burton!!

What Bat symbol from the Burton movies? That Bat in an oval symbol was from the comics way before that. Of course it is the most commonplace post-Nolan...it was commonplace pre-Burton!!

But mainstream post-Burton. Not everyone in the world read comics, as, believe it or not, they don't happen to be a very big thing on other countries (price, availability, etc)

Burton Batman though? That was huge, and for many "non comic book fans" their first introduction to The Batman. In some ways, what made some give a damn about the character.

All this '89 talk in this TDKR suit case thread makes me think of the original and how we'll never see anything like this.

image.jpg

I'd love to have a symmetrical shelf display that contained,

- 89 Batman
- Returns Batman
- Batmobile
- 89 Armory Vault

- Begins Batman
- TDK Batman
- Batpod
- TDK armory cage

Looking forward to seeing Affleck Batman's gear on screen. He'll have two suits, a vault and vehicles right off the bat.

Wait, I actually didn't know this. It was? The exact one? I really thought it first appeared with the 1989 film (albeit not exactly on the suit but in the advertising for the movie and on the Batman Returns suit)

Wait, I actually didn't know this. It was? The exact one? I really thought it first appeared with the 1989 film (albeit not exactly on the suit but in the advertising for the movie and on the Batman Returns suit)

The design used specifically for the 1989 movie was a new design and is still used, there is a slight variation used specifically by dc also. The way to tell the difference is the bottom scallops on the wings of the movie marketing version is higher and larger than the two middle scallops like this OooO vs dc standard symbol OOOO
Movie merch
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Std

The design used specifically for the 1989 movie was a new design and is still used, there is a slight variation used specifically by dc also. The way to tell the difference is the bottom scallops on the wings of the movie marketing version is higher and larger than the two middle scallops like this OooO vs dc standard symbol OOOO
Movie merch
View attachment 219013
View attachment 219014
Std

Bravo. That is some Olympic-level fanboy nitpickery. :clap It's almost up there with that dude who was drawing parallel lines to prove that Hot Toys moved some figure's eyes up by two millimeters or something compared to the proto.

The 1989 Movie logo above is at most, a very very slightly altered version of the "standard" Batman logo. It's really just the latest version (at the time) of a general logo design that was evolving for decades before that (stylized black bat in yellow oval). There is really not enough of distinction in the "new" design for the 1989 movie logo that anyone but the most ardent fanboys would correctly identify it as the "movie" logo as opposed to the general Batman logo that the public already associated with Batman before Burton. (Yes, even if they didn't have access easy to comics.)

Now when you emboss the edges, spray it gold and polish it, of course then most people will immediately recognize it as "the movie version".

View attachment 219033

Back