BATMAN Film Universe, Post-Nolan Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just need some all new Batman movie(s) to forget about TDKR!

jokersoon1.gif

Clayface, Strange, Black mask, Great White, Deadshot, Proper Riddler Freeze and Ivy, not the abominations from them gay films. I hope they do nothing like Nicholsons Joker. it was rubbish back when I was 10 years old. THE ONE THING I hope to GOD they keep, is Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon. I cant think of a better portrayal or actor.

I still say, the best representation for Film would be along the lines of BTAS/Arkham Asylum and City games. Perfect balance of dark grittiness and the fantasy element.

Would be perfect.

Whatever direction they go in, I just hope its more Batman less Bruce Wayne. I wanna see Batman doing Batman things.

Yep Batman is an awesome character never understand why he ends up marginalised in his own films.
I want a Burtonesque design set in an unspecified time period but with the grit of the Arkham City

I would imagine they will go with something closer in look and tone to Arkham Asylum. The tone and art direction is between comic universe and grounding in reality. Would probably also fit in well enough with an eventual Justic League series.
I think the Nolan take was outstanding and brilliant, but it's time for something new and a little lighter. Just don't go back to Schumacherverse.

Any holdover in the cast from the Nolan films would be a handicap. This needs to be a completely brand-new Batman movie universe... one that can fit in with Man of Steel and the larger DC universe. It can't have any ties to the Nolan trilogy for that reason.

Whatever direction they go in, I just hope its more Batman less Bruce Wayne. I wanna see Batman doing Batman things.
:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

Any holdover in the cast from the Nolan films would be a handicap. This needs to be a completely brand-new Batman movie universe... one that can fit in with Man of Steel and the larger DC universe. It can't have any ties to the Nolan trilogy for that reason.

Right you gotta wipe the slate clean of the nolamverse. I want to see a batman that blends comic and real like what's being done with the marvel movies, a batman that uses his detective skills, a joker that is used and not forgotten, riddler, penguin, and someone who will freaking bring batman to comic-con.

Technically using Blake would still be a "reboot." :wink1:

How? I see a reboot as wiping out one continuity to start fresh. Keeping Blake as Batman would connect the new series to this last series. Having Bruce as Batman again with a new cast and no connection to the previous films (apart from his origin which apart from the LoS bit is from comics and does not need to be told on film again) would be a reboot.

I 100% agree it needs an all new cast. Imagine BB if Michael Gough were Alfred. It wouldn't have felt like an all new continuity.

How? I see a reboot as wiping out one continuity to start fresh. Keeping Blake as Batman would connect the new series to this last series. Having Bruce as Batman again with a new cast and no connection to the previous films (apart from his origin which apart from the LoS bit is from comics and does not need to be told on film again) would be a reboot.

It's been labeled as a "Batman reboot." How is a different actor/character in the cowl not? :huh

I'm not saying that the new film won't be a completely new cast, but we were lied to and misled about JGL being "Robin." So this might be more of the same.

Back