BATMAN Film Universe, Post-Nolan Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to market batman to the teen crowd. Have a dark twilighty forbidden romance between catwomen and Bruce and the joker is a punk rock sexy dude or whatever.

Man those Nolan fans would riot.

All I want is for the suit to be Blue/Gray and fabric.

Oh and no one from previous Batman or Nolan movies in it.

I'd actually prefer Hamm as Harvey Dent.

jon_hamm_as_two_face_by_nightslash-d3g6tkf.png

SnakeDoc

That is intriguing

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to market batman to the teen crowd. Have a dark twilighty forbidden romance between catwomen and Bruce and the joker is a punk rock sexy dude or whatever.

Man those Nolan fans would riot.

:gah::thud:

With the direction most films are going nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if something like this DID end up happening. How depressing.

In response to the original article Carl posted... I agree with the last three points on the article. I think Batman being a Detective is a huge point that they only barely touch on in any of the Batman films. The Nolan movies did bring it out a bit, but not as much as I would want.

The things I don't really like the idea of...

Grant Morrison. I HATE his stories... they are off the wall and completely insane IMO.. I really couldn't get into his work at all when it came to Batman.

The costume. While I like the idea of using fabric in the costume, which Nolan also did do in the last two films... But I don't like the idea of a full fabric costume, nor do I like the idea of having it be gray... It's ok in the comics because they did it for color contrast so that the character would not be straight black. But for stealth, it just makes no sense to me to have a gray outfit in the real world. But that is just me.

They need to play up the detective role, for sure.

But what they really need to do, is have him talking to himself, like in the Arkham games. So when Batman sees a clue, there needs to be narration, out loud or in his head, explaining step by step what he needs to do.

:gah::thud:

With the direction most films are going nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if something like this DID end up happening. How depressing.
Doubt it. Batman doesn't exactly scream "fang-banging, baby-faced, teeny bopping, punk rock" crowd. Just the thought of it is enough to make me cringe.

They need to play up the detective role, for sure.

But what they really need to do, is have him talking to himself, like in the Arkham games. So when Batman sees a clue, there needs to be narration, out loud or in his head, explaining step by step what he needs to do.
So, lemme get this straight... you want a grown man, with questionable sanity, living a child's fantasy, who goes around bashing in faces, while wearing pajamas... to narrate, out loud, his deductive reasoning on screen, in front of millions of people?

We have that already, I think.

:p

beds_robert_downey_jr_pillows_sherlock_holmes_nude_keys_desktop_1920x1080_wallpaper-415998.jpg

I just realized something: the JLA can wait. They need to make Batman Beyond while Clint Eastwood's still in show business. :lecture

I want a real to see some more of those wacked villains. Like Clayface. And a real Mr. Freeze.

And a new Joker. More classical. More deadly. Not a single bit like Heath's take.

Like Jack Nicholson's, but more blatantly maniacal. Loud and obnoxious. Maybe a bit of a modern design, simply because keeping it 1930's doesn't necessarily jive with a shared universe -- especially if some of the heroes in his world go on to form the Justice League.

I'd actually prefer Hamm as Harvey Dent.

jon_hamm_as_two_face_by_nightslash-d3g6tkf.png

Also, not a lot of room for Hamm to age. He's a bit old to start a run as Batman.

SnakeDoc

Jon Hamm would be an excellent Harvey Dent. He can do present day and old-timey equally well, thanks to Mad Men.

Something Batman Beyond-ish would be cool as well, come to think of it...
In fact, you know what? Yes. Batman Beyond. Make that happen. It's modern enough to work with most of the ideas discussed in the OP, plus it mixes in some of those sci-fi elements without being straight-up ridiculous. The Grant Morrison thing is a little too much.

The reboot needs to be the opposite of Nolan's IMO with a different set of villains. I am certain Joker will make an appearance being Bats ultimate nemesis. Two Face, Cat Woman, Bane were in Nolan / Burton / Schumacher's films and need replaced.

Back