BATMAN Film Universe, Post-Nolan Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just gave you an infraction. I see you're only one a way from a banning now. :lecture

That's ok. My friends from Bon Jovi have this to say:

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-0v3iGuzc"]Blaze of Glory[/ame]

I watched the first lord of the rings, the fellowship of the ring, EE, and what's the difference with the regular edition? the only difference I noticed was the final credits lasted like 15 minutes :horror

I'd have to watch the TE version again to tell ya. I only watch the EE anymore to be honest.

I watched the first lord of the rings, the fellowship of the ring, EE, and what's the difference with the regular edition?

Instead of the elegant prologue with Galadriel's solitary voice-over and great title screen as Frodo comes into frame the EE delivers a clunky double voice-over (Galadriel and Bilbo) with the title just appearing over some shots of Bilbo's hallways.

Also in the EE Boromir succumbs to the Ring right in front of the entire Rivendell Council and it doesn't occur to anyone that sending him with Frodo might actually be a bad idea.

There's an extended speech in Moria where Gandalf goes on about Bilbo's mithril shirt and then when it's revealed just a few scenes later that Frodo is wearing it Gimli says "Mithril...." as if he's shocked to see that material in a shirt.

Lots of stuff like that. It's not all bad of course (the extra battle footage is great and I really like the extra conversation between Aragorn and Boromir in the camp) and it's cool to see a longer movie but overall the extra scenes just bring the artistry of the narrative down a few notches. And the EE actually cuts out Gimli's "these woods are perilous!" line which I really liked in the TE.

EE > TE

This coming from a casual fan who hasn't read any of the books in their entirety. I've heard the Bluray transfer for EE FotR is bad (green tinted?). Is this true? I'd love to give my DVD set to my brother-in-law for his bday if it means I can upgrade to the Blurays.

EE > TE

This coming from a casual fan who hasn't read any of the books in their entirety. I've heard the Bluray transfer for EE FotR is bad (green tinted?). Is this true? I'd love to give my DVD set to my brother-in-law for his bday if it means I can upgrade to the Blurays.

No, neither of my TE or EE blus had any issues. They all just look amazing IMO.

As a die-hard lotr fan the material added is exceptional and there is nothing bad that hurts these films at all. They're truly IMO made better because of what's added. It just blends wonderfully and pulls you in more to the world that Tolkien created and Jackson adapted for the big screen.

Good to know. I'm gonna buy myself a gift then for my bro-in-laws bday and pass off the EE DVD set to him :lol

and there is nothing bad that hurts these films at all.

There's ONE scene that irks me. Sam stops and says if he goes one step further, it'd be the furthest from home he's ever been. But then in a later scene, he knows the farmer that Merry and Pippin are stealing crops from? :slap :dunno

Not that it ruins anything, it just stands out to me as being wrong.

Nice! Enjoy :rock

I think what the deal is they actually backtrack some to the farm. It's a little different in the book of course. My major complaints about the entire trilogy is Faramir not being as noble and Frodo sending Sam away.

I don't recall Frodo being such a dumb tittybaby in the books. He's damn near unlikeable toward the end of the film trilogy.

Samwise FTW.

Frodo in the books during ROTK is really every bit as worn down as the movie version. There are differences of course but they're not that different.

And don't get why people say that Nolan's Batman wasn't a good detective, I can remember at least one detective scene for every movie:

Batman Begins: When he is searching information about Gordon, and then spyin on Rachel from the street and he is wearing some kind of costum.

Batman TDK: He does a great job when he finds the finger print on the bullet.

Batman TDKR: He finds Selina Kyle after an entire night of research, and not even the GPD was able to find Selina.

Well that's more detective than most of others films. people have to remember that this are 2hr films, you can't develope a character as the same way you do on comic books.

Nolan's Batman is perfection ..

No, neither of my TE or EE blus had any issues. They all just look amazing IMO.

As a die-hard lotr fan the material added is exceptional and there is nothing bad that hurts these films at all. They're truly IMO made better because of what's added. It just blends wonderfully and pulls you in more to the world that Tolkien created and Jackson adapted for the big screen.

I kinda disagree...The Balrog(One of the most dangerous creatures ever in Middle earth) and you have a Steven Spielberg type scene where the staircase is rocking back and forth for a minute,etc ...that bothered me....The Watcher of the Waters destroying Durin's door that has been impenetrable for over 5000 years(even Sauron at his height of power in the 2nd age couldnt get in)....There were a couple of moments like that...Frodo after the ring is tossed is hanging off a cliff for 60 seconds....Denethor running for what looked like 1/4 mile to jump from Minas Tirith after he's on fire...The Vast Vast majority of the films were awesome...It was just some moments like from some of these examples that bothered me...It slowed down the flow so to speak...I loved the films just not these scenes

Last edited:
I kinda disagree...The Balrog(One of the most dangerous creatures ever in Middle earth) and you have a Steven Spielberg type scene where the staircase is rocking back and forth for a minute,etc ...that bothered me....The Watcher of the Waters destroying Durin's door that has been impenetrable for over 5000 years....There were a couple of moments like that...Frodo after the ring is tossed is hanging off a cliff for 60 seconds....Denethor running for what looked like 1/4 mile to jump from Minas Tirith after he's on fire...The Vast Vast majority of the films were awesome...It was just some moments like from some of these examples that bothered me

OMG I hope I'm not turning into DiFabio with this long critique...LOL

OMG I hope I'm not turning into DiFabio with this long critique...LOL

Nah, you're not (though, why wouldn't you want to turn into me?).

All three Lord of The Rings films are much better than TDKR.

So you disagree that you're not me?

So you are me?

Oh ****, what am I thinking right now DiFabio?

Back