Batman Black and White statues 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/271246250714?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I know these 2 will exceed my price range anyway but both are very nice. I like the Arkham Batman B&W a lot too, (although I never actually played any of the games). Since I have the new one on PO not really sure if I want this one as well. One Arkham Batman is probably enough for the the collection. Still a very nice statue.

Yeah, I already saw that bid. The final price will be quite high, I'm sure. The fact that there are no boxes for either of them doesn't sit well with me. I'd be too afraid of them breaking during shipping. The AA piece is notorious for breakage. I've seen a few of those at Cons and LCS that ALL had broken batarangs. The sad part is that they were all in their original boxes. If they break that easily in the box, I can't imagine what shipping one without the box will be like. I'll just hope that I come across a deal that works for me on the Bermejo Joker. I'm basically down to that piece as a must have in the B&W line out of the old releases. The hunt continues...

David Finch will be at Comiccon Montreal in September. Hope to the get his statue and maybe I will sign it

Yeah, I already saw that bid. The final price will be quite high, I'm sure. The fact that there are no boxes for either of them doesn't sit well with me. I'd be too afraid of them breaking during shipping. The AA piece is notorious for breakage. I've seen a few of those at Cons and LCS that ALL had broken batarangs. The sad part is that they were all in their original boxes. If they break that easily in the box, I can't imagine what shipping one without the box will be like. I'll just hope that I come across a deal that works for me on the Bermejo Joker. I'm basically down to that piece as a must have in the B&W line out of the old releases. The hunt continues...

You are right, I have no idea how the seller plans on shipping them without the boxes, with my luck they would definitely arrive damaged. The one problem I have with this hobby is the boxes though, I have no space. Part of me just wants to get rid of them but not only would the statues depreciate in value (not that I ever intend to sell any) but if I ever have move it would be impossible without the boxes.

You are right, I have no idea how the seller plans on shipping them without the boxes, with my luck they would definitely arrive damaged. The one problem I have with this hobby is the boxes though, I have no space. Part of me just wants to get rid of them but not only would the statues depreciate in value (not that I ever intend to sell any) but if I ever have move it would be impossible without the boxes.

This is all very true. I have about 43 Bowen statues. 23 sideshow statues, 2 neca, and 2 koto statues. Also have a few B&W Bats statues as well as a few mini busts. I actually bought a bigger house and had to move a few years ago. I couldn't even imagine having to move all those pieces without the boxes. It was a nightmare WITH the boxes. Without them I wouldn't even know how to begin moving them. :lol Obviously, I keep all of my boxes. Thankfully, my new home has plenty of space for my statues and my boxes.

Wow that auction ended up expensive and without the original boxes too. I have the new arkham origins on p.o even though I already have the first arkham asylum release but the new one doesn't compare to the old one. With the right angle, the AA bw looks just like the cover of the video game, perfect translation to sculpture same with the bermejo joker

This is all very true. I have about 43 Bowen statues. 23 sideshow statues, 2 neca, and 2 koto statues. Also have a few B&W Bats statues as well as a few mini busts. I actually bought a bigger house and had to move a few years ago. I couldn't even imagine having to move all those pieces without the boxes. It was a nightmare WITH the boxes. Without them I wouldn't even know how to begin moving them. :lol Obviously, I keep all of my boxes. Thankfully, my new home has plenty of space for my statues and my boxes.

Wow you have a nice collection. Do you have any pics? I don't own any Bowen statues, but there are few that I really
want to get. Including the 2 Johnny Blaze Ghost Riders.

Its good to have the space. I have no idea what I am going to do, because I have so many things on PO. I absolutely hate clutter, and have no plans for the boxes yet :thud:

Wow you have a nice collection. Do you have any pics? I don't own any Bowen statues, but there are few that I really
want to get. Including the 2 Johnny Blaze Ghost Riders.

Its good to have the space. I have no idea what I am going to do, because I have so many things on PO. I absolutely hate clutter, and have no plans for the boxes yet :thud:

No, I haven't got around to taking pics of my collection yet. I always wanted to wait until I finished my basement (where I want to build a room dedicated to my collection). I have a 4 bedroom home, so right now I'm using one of the spare bedrooms to display my statues. Unfortunately, there is a spare bed in the room so it cuts down on my display space. That's why I want to build the room in the basement. The only thing in that room would be cabinets and statues.

As for my boxes, my garage and attic are my best friends. We put a bunch of those metal shelves up in my garage and the attic still has plenty of storage space left. I'm actually running out of display space quicker than I am storage space for my boxes. :lol

Well, I just picked up a 1st edition Miller Bats on ebay for $114.50 shipped. I thought it was a pretty fair price. I've seen them go for much more than that so I bit the bullet and picked him up. Looking forward to adding him to my display shelf. The hunt is still on for the Bermejo Joker.

Well, the Miller Bats arrived and I have to say he look great. Very happy I picked up the piece. He looks perfect in my B&W collection.

Im trying to get a Tony Daniels Black & White statue on ebay. It's been fairly low for the past week, but the price is creeping up slowly now there's only a few hours left.

There's a couple of damaged ones on ebay at the moment that seem to be pulling good money as well.

Would really like to add these to my collection.

You got an amazing deal

Yeah, I felt I was very lucky to score the piece at a very reasonable price. Just one of those right moment, right time deals on the bay. Now I just need one of those deals on a Bermejo Joker and I'm pretty much set for the older releases in my B&W collection.

Does anyone have any leads on a Frank Quitely? It's one I used to have and now that I've decided to re-enter the line, I'd like to get him back.

Btw, congrats on the Frank Miller! The Bremejo Joker is the only one I kept, he's worth the hunt.

Well, I just picked up a 1st edition Miller Bats on ebay for $114.50 shipped. I thought it was a pretty fair price. I've seen them go for much more than that so I bit the bullet and picked him up. Looking forward to adding him to my display shelf. The hunt is still on for the Bermejo Joker.

Congrats filip. Great deal too. I never got the 1st edition but bought the 2nd ed. re-release, which I like a lot. Yes, now the hunt goes on of the Bermejo Joker. I really think they will make a 2nd edition of that. I think I may also seek out the Steve Rude Catwoman. I saw it at the Boston Comic Con and really liked it, but didn't want to pay $160.00 for it. Sean Murphy should be out in 2 weeks.

Harley Quinn turned out great as expected.

Ask_DCC_HarleyQuinn_forApproval%201%20.jpg

I hope they do a Balent Catwoman someday! :pray:

Back