Batman Black and White statues 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, just received my Arkham Origins Bats yesterday and it's broken where his foot is mounted to the base. :gah:

Same thing happened to mine. I opened it up while still at my LCS. It seems to be too back heavy. I'm just going to glue it back together with some jewelry glue and put something underneath the back of the cape to keep it propped up. I love the design, and once it's glued back, I don't think you'll be able to tell at all.

I had three come in with the same problem and ones head had even came off there are pics in this thread.

I had three come in with the same problem and ones head had even came off there are pics in this thread.

That's frustrating to hear. It seems like a design flaw then. I think I may just send it back and ask for a full refund. I don't want to possibly have to deal with this issue again if I try to glue it and the weight causes too much stress on the connection point again and it falls over. The last thing I want is for it to fall over while it's displayed and possibly damage the other B&W pieces I have around it. I wish they just would have put a metal peg on the base and drilled a hole in his foot so that the base and figure are separate pieces. I never had any problems with my older B&W pieces that were designed this way. I know that glue is cheaper but look at what happened to this piece because of it. It's a shame because I really like this statue.

Glue or pegs, they're both a problem. I can't tell you what a headache it was to find a Catwoman where the pegs actually matched up with the holes drilled on the base. I inspected two locally where they wouldn't fit; one guy insisting it would, squeezed tight enough the ankle snapped. No matter how awesome this line is its also plagued and this is where dc needs improve their ****.

Glue or pegs, they're both a problem. I can't tell you what a headache it was to find a Catwoman where the pegs actually matched up with the holes drilled on the base. I inspected two locally where they wouldn't fit; one guy insisting it would, squeezed tight enough the ankle snapped. No matter how awesome this line is its also plagued and this is where dc needs improve their ****.

In the case of the Arkham Origins piece, only one peg would have been needed. Also, as a rule of thumb, I personally have had far fewer issues with pegged pieces than glued ones. However, you are correct, DC's QC isn't very good overall on far too many of their pieces.

I've finally managed to arrange all my statue's in one place after having them spread around the room for the last couple of years...

Thought I'd both contribute to this thread, and be a bit cheeky - here's my Mazzucchelli black & white: which much as I've enjoyed having as an iconic version of Bats, I'm now looking to sell to a good home! PM me reasonable offers if interested (am in the UK btw)..

11800951023_019d771a56_o.png

Cheers, yeah, my favourite B&Ws have been that, the Miller and the Timm ones - for me, those were the three of the most "iconic" designs. But, some things must go, so I'm moving it on!

I've finally managed to arrange all my statue's in one place after having them spread around the room for the last couple of years...

Wow! :clap Those are a lot of Batmen! :D

Display looks pretty awesome Mart. However, I feel that the ones behind are lacking visibility. The gap between the shelves looks good enough, if you could somehow keep the ones at the back elevated / above the ones in the front, the visibility will be much better! Maybe adding another shelf in between?

EDIT: Something like this maybe...

BBampW_D.png

Last edited:
Wow great collection!!! (also nice set up) Do you have all of them or are you still missing some pieces? I tried to count them but there are so many of them :p

Jae Lee has finally been announced. Really looking forward to this one. Love Jae' Lee art. The statue looks great. Hopefully we get Norm Breyfogle , Michael Lark and Bernie Wrighston soon as well.

Oh man... I wanted to stop buying small statues, to better concentrate on the big PFs, but this Jae lee one is really making it hard for me. Wow, he really looks great! If he really turns out to be the height they promised, I may have to go back on my plan. Crap, he looks great. Would love to have those Black and Whites in a bigger scale. Maybe 1/6 like the Arkham City statues.

Back