Batman Black and White statues 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never could find any flaw with the TS one. Its one of the best representations, especially the facial expressions that are so distinct to Sale's art:

batmanblackandwhitev2027_zpsa3e98672.jpg

batmanblackandwhitev2029_zpsef56e56d.jpg

That's the the thing, Mignola's style perfectly translates in the statue. The Sale statue does look like his art but the mouth just looks weird. It just doesn't translate well to 3-D form, but again maybe the statue looks better in person. The price on that one has been coming down on Ebay.

20130708_163408_resized_zpsdd0a8b18.jpg

DC really needs to make more villains. Yes, just cause I said so. :pfft:
But seriously, I really want a "Killer" Killer Croc, Two Face, and a Scarecrow. Any preferences for specific artists for these characters guys?

They do need to, and I believe they eventually will. Just hope they do not focus only on the newer artists and the New 52 line.

My favourites from these three would be:

Scarecrow - Enrique Breccia

batmanblackandwhitev2168_zps6730b69f.jpg

Killer Croc - Jim Lee

BatmanHush6_zps0694596e.jpg

Two-Face - Bruce Timm

tumblr_mbdkh35QVa1r89a2ho1_500_zps5c9bc79c.jpg

two Face would be so ideal for this line, I am suprised they haven't done it yet. Although Bruce Timm would be great, I also really like Matt Wagner's version.

Tony Millionaire statute looks interesting in weird way ....yet so different.

Got this in at the shop today Batman Black and White designed by Raphael grampa very nice. The base is fixed to the figure which i prefer.
Unbelivably one of the statues opened today had red glitter on it. I still think this statue would have been better with more white on it.

Got this in at the shop today Batman Black and White designed by Raphael grampa very nice. The base is fixed to the figure which i prefer.
Unbelivably one of the statues opened today had red glitter on it. I still think this statue would have been better with more white on it.

I can't wait to get mine :panic:
I'm also glad that it has a fixed base, hopefully, all upcoming statues will come that way. :exactly:
Is it numbered?

Last edited:
Saw this in my LCS...I another one that I am on the fence about.Its definitely unique.
Did Raphael Grampa previously actually work on Batman? I know he is doing a story in the Black & White relaunch issue #2 but I haven't seen any of his Batman art prior to this statue.

I heard a while ago he was going to do a Batman graphic novel but wether this has been nixed in favour of the Black and White relaunch comic i don't know.

Here are a few sketches i found a while ago i like his style. His Joker is creepy as hell. If you dig it check out Mesmo Delivery its his graphic novel published by Dark Horse. If you look at his art you can see why you need to add more white to the statue.

Never could find any flaw with the TS one. Its one of the best representations, especially the facial expressions that are so distinct to Sale's art:

batmanblackandwhitev2027_zpsa3e98672.jpg

batmanblackandwhitev2029_zpsef56e56d.jpg

DC Direct did a great job on the Black and White Statue so i could never understand why there Long Halloween figure looked so much like Homer Simpson.

Those DC reveal pics of the black and whites are amazing. They're all great but that Capullo Joker - bad@ss!

Not really feeling the Earth 2 batman though..kinda looks like he's wearing an apron :yuck

dccpanel-03-620x.jpg

"Speaking of things to be excited about, the panel revealed that a black & white "classic" Harley Quinn statue is in the works. This is great news for fans who have been more than a little turned off by her more recent costume revamps. Be excited. Be very excited."

How cool is this!?

Back