Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where on earth did you get that Origins takes place in the 70's? 20 Years before City? :slap it takes place 5 years before Asylum and City which it obviously does not take place in the 90's, comes immediately after Asylum.

Wrong. We've already been through this, everyone in the thread called me an idiot and then I posted the proof and showed them they were all wrong.

Wrong. We've already been through this, everyone in the thread called me an idiot and then I posted the proof and showed them they were all wrong.

Alright I missed it, since it's a long thread, could you oblige me with the link? If you want to avoid polluting the thread with a repost, PM is fine.

Theres alot more, if you go back and look but this is really all you need.

They use typewriters in the GCPD, old televisions with knobs instead of buttons, phones with the turn dial instead of buttons, 70s radios and vending machines, cars, Batmans only been at it for 2 years.... etc

We know from City that the wall was built sometime in the 90s so obviously they didn't open City before the wall was finished.

I've got 80 hours in and all achievments. I do that for all Batman games so I like to think I've picked up on most things in there. I'm not saying the story is **** but I refuse to call it an improvement from City. Thats bull**** flat out. Plenty of dumb rushed nonsense in this game that I've already pointed out.

And I've countered on why those things aren't really dumb nor rushed (at least the ones you've listed these previous pages) I guess I can see the point of view, technically, of the people who've encountered glitches, maybe I'm just lucky, since the PS3 version is the one that reports the least amount of glitches and has the highest score out of the 4 versions, so I guess that should cost some points to the game, but as far as story goes, Origins digs further into the personalities of most characters already introduced in City, it didn't only played out Batman's lifelong trauma of his parents deaths, and instead you can really see Batman grow that night, from a more anger driven vigilante, to a more righteous one, you can see relationships get build, the game plays out the way Batman is still an urban myth at the beginning which is pretty cool and plenty other stuff that makes City seem more superficial in comparison, not bad by any meas, but it does make City feel like they played it safe story-wise.

And I've countered on why those things aren't really dumb

Bane did drugs and is retarded. He can't remember who Bruce is. Too bad he doesn't have a merc army of several hundred people who he's referred to Batman as Bruce Wayne in front of several times who can remind him and everyone else. Oh wait he does.

News flash, Bane always did drugs, Venom itself is a drug, and regarding him forgetting his identity, yeah, like no one could see Bruce climbing the Ace chemicals building, which was very clearly visible and see Batman come out of the rooftop in City :lol

Yes, and I was thinking that the 1st time I played the game, why does no one see him? Inmates are right below him, right there, and how come they didn't see the Batwing drop a bit package on that rooftop? And I kept thinking it every time I played that part.

You forgot the rest :lol

to anyone looking for the collectors edition, it's on sale at gamestop for $60. I think it's worth the money.

It is, I got it when I preordered the game and I love the extras that came along with my favorite Arkham game.

I am surprised it's still available on some stores, you would think by adding an extra $20 you get all theses goodies it would be out of stock by now.

Hey Deckard, I just found out some crooks reference the show LOST in city, wtf's up with that? :lol so is it in the 90's or not?

Already been discussed along with the fact that Barbra texts and uses a cell phone etc(something i pointed out as a goof on WB's part). Scroll back man, sorry but not having the same convo a 3rd time.

I bought this from Gamestop's eBay page for $60 after the holidays. So worth the extras. I ended up selling my copy of the game for $30 too.

You got ripped off. During the holidays, from about the 20th of dec to the 8th of jan. the game was on sale for $25 with a season pass. So yeah... You can get a steam copy right now on TF2outpost for about $6, no pass.

You got ripped off. During the holidays, from about the 20th of dec to the 8th of jan. the game was on sale for $25 with a season pass. So yeah... You can get a steam copy right now on TF2outpost for about $6, no pass.

Not really. I forgot to mention I got the game as a gift from someone else. Therefore after selling the game from the exclusive I got the joker statue I really wanted along with the extras for $30. Worth it IMO.

Probably not, seeing as it's not DLC.....

And doesn't involve Mr. Freeze. But mainly it's not even DLC....

Back