Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will have to time my next playthroughs then :lol but definitely doesn't feel short.

I agree. I thought this game definitely felt longer than City. That one just seemed really short, in terms of story. Origins just seemed like it was sucking me in more and more and I didn't want it to end, whereas City just felt like a bunch of scenes chucked together really. As much as I loved that game, the story is easily the weakest of the three, with Origins being the best story by far.

Now, where the hell is the new DLC?? :( really glad I never bothered with the season pass, I'd be getting pretty worried I'd wasted my money on something that was never getting released.

I agree. I thought this game definitely felt longer than City. That one just seemed really short, in terms of story. Origins just seemed like it was sucking me in more and more and I didn't want it to end, whereas City just felt like a bunch of scenes chucked together really. As much as I loved that game, the story is easily the weakest of the three, with Origins being the best story by far.

Now, where the hell is the new DLC?? :( really glad I never bothered with the season pass, I'd be getting pretty worried I'd wasted my money on something that was never getting released.

The DLC is coming, no question about it, unless you have a Wii U :lol those guys are getting screwed.

Yeah, the character development in this games was fantastic, it was so compelling to see the relationship between Gordon and Bats build up, and Barbara was a nice lighthearted character, I really enjoyed their moments, as for the villains, I liked them all, I think Copperhead was my favorite, and the ending was pretty good too, the penguin had it's moments as well "You're not a popular bloke in this town", definitely the best story out of the 3, when Bane broke into the cave I was literally worried for Alfred, I think the story is getting a bit underrated because it wasn't written by Dini.

City was great, aesthetically speaking it's the best of the 3, the ending was very powerful, but the story didn't have the emotional impact Origins had, it's not to say it's weak, not even close, there's no weak game in this franchise yet.

Last edited:
So I got the Riddler Trophy and destroyed his computer, but his place is still showing up as a indicator on the map. Is there something else to do there?

Jeez... Initiation sucks. What a waste of money.

Is that seriously all there is, a handful of challenge maps where Bruce doesn't say a single word?

Lol, yep. Buch of challenge maps with under a min. Cut scenes. Oh yeah, can't forget ninja bruce. You'd think they disappointed us enough with the game alone... Now let's just hope that Mr. freeze dlc is something to talk to about... In a positive way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really?
Wow do we have different opinions of these two games :D

I thought City was way longer and way way better in terms of story.

Wow, this game has a low score on Metacritic, it certainly doesn't deserve it, it's the best out of the 3 in terms of story and character interaction/development imo, in terms of visuals it may not be as striking as City but it certainly doesn't deserve a 75-ish score :slap: especially when this game still has everything else that makes this franchise what it is, except for Conroy of course, but Craig Smith did a phenomenal job.

So I got the Riddler Trophy and destroyed his computer, but his place is still showing up as a indicator on the map. Is there something else to do there?

So you got the "First" Riddler trophy that was past that panel you couldn't open until you found all the riddler clues? If so, I don't know what else you need to do.

Wow, this game has a low score on Metacritic, it certainly doesn't deserve it, it's the best out of the 3 in terms of story and character interaction/development imo, in terms of visuals it may not be as striking as City but it certainly doesn't deserve a 75-ish score :slap: especially when this game still has everything else that makes this franchise what it is, except for Conroy of course, but Craig Smith did a phenomenal job.

I gotta agree with you! I have been playing it and it's just a blast! I think it deserves a knock for all the bugs though and I understand that, but man it's story is top notch and it's boss battles are amazing, both things the previous games were weak on. I am liking this game WAAAAY more than a 75, bugs and all.

Wait for a patch. I was just walking around that part in the map like an idiot for days and days. So frustrating.

I don't know why ppl say it's short, it's at least as long as City, I couldn't really tell because both in City and Origins I spend a lot of time doing side missions, but it felt the right length.

City is definitely longer.

If you guys raving about it had played it before the newest patches, there would be about 5 points where you literally could not beat the game. Like no way past them type stuff. It affected millions of people. You don't get a high score for that ****. It took them literally months to fix it all. Just about 2-3 weeks ago they finally corrected the last bug that actually allows you to finish the game on PC.

Then you add to that all the other critiques and it absolutely isn't near the level of City. Unpolished, half the length of city with reused evironments, tedious unfun fights because of counters, poorly designed achievements systems, a ridiculous story that has Batman meeting about 10 of his most major villains for the first time on the same night...

If you guys raving about it had played it before the newest patches, there would be about 5 points where you literally could not beat the game. Like no way past them type stuff. It affected millions of people. You don't get a high score for that ****. It took them literally months to fix it all. Just about 2-3 weeks ago they finally corrected the last bug that actually allows you to finish the game on PC.

Then you add to that all the other critiques and it absolutely isn't near the level of City. Unpolished, half the length of city with reused evironments, tedious unfun fights because of counters, poorly designed achievements systems, a ridiculous story that has Batman meeting about 10 of his most major villains for the first time on the same night...
You call it ridiculous, others, such as myself, call it an improvement.

My biggest complaint, story wise, was that they had to fall back on the Joker again. Instead of having the confidence to write a story about his other villains, we had to get a stupid twist that shoehorned him into the game.

You call it ridiculous, others, such as myself, call it an improvement.

He meets face to face for the very first time in one single night and forms a life long lasting relationship with :

Joker
Harley
Bane
Riddler
Penguin
Killer Croc
Black Mask
Mad Hatter
Deathstroke
Deadshot
The League of Shadows
Copperhead
Firefly
Jim Gordon (gains complete trust going from about to be arrested at gunpoint to best friends for literally no reason from one scene to the next)
Barbra Gordon (gains complete trust in 1 10 second meeting)

All in one night.

That also means that in the next 20 years (because origins takes place in the 70s and City in the 90s) Batman only meets like 10 new villains total. Like 13 in one night and then 7-8 over the next 20 years. :lol "an improvement" Riiiiiiiight...

Bane did drugs and is retarded. He can't remember who Bruce is. Too bad he doesn't have a merc army of several hundred people who he's referred to Batman as Bruce Wayne in front of several times who can remind him and everyone else. Oh wait he does.

Doubtful that it affected "millions" of gamers, very doubtful, I've myself yet to encounter a single glitch of any type, not one so far, and instead got PLENTY texture loading time glitches in City.

I don't see how it was unpolished, the controls work just like in the 1st 2 games, most of the fights were way more entertaining than in City due to the addition of a few new enemies, particularly the martial artists that add a lot of variety, the story and characters were a lot better than in City.

The only point I'll conceive are the achievements which are very unrewarding, and excluding city visuals, almost everything else, like Legion says, is an improvement.

Doubtful that it affected "millions" of gamers, very doubtful, I've myself yet to encounter a single glitch of any type, not one so far, and instead got PLENTY texture loading time glitches in City.

You are playing a version that's been patched dozens of times.

You could not perform the final beatdown on the Joker to win the game when this was released on PC. It would enter into a Batarang camera angle they set and screw up the ability to do the beatdown. Everyone on PC had to either buy an xbox controller or wait the 3 weeks it took them to finally fix it. There is still a major glitch most users on PC have where they cannot complete the My Alibi section of the game. Look at how many negative reviews this game has on Steam from those issues. It had similar issues on consoles but on PC it was literally unbeatable at several points from them patching it and screwing something else up with the patch and this went on for months even after the Steam Holiday sale where it sold a **** ton more copies on sale. It affected every Steam PC user which is millions.

A game that you literally cannot beat because the game is broken does not get heralded as the second coming and rightfully so. If they released the game as it is now it'd have been alot better off but that isn't how it played out.

He meets face to face for the very first time in one single night and forms a life long lasting relationship with :

Joker
Harley
Bane
Riddler
Penguin
Killer Croc
Black Mask
Mad Hatter
Deathstroke
Deadshot
The League of Shadows
Copperhead
Firefly
Jim Gordon (gains complete trust going from about to be arrested at gunpoint to best friends for literally no reason from one scene to the next)
Barbra Gordon (gains complete trust in 1 10 second meeting)

All in one night.

That also means that in the next 20 years (because origins takes place in the 70s and City in the 90s) Batman only meets like 10 new villains total. Like 13 in one night and then 7-8 over the next 20 years. :lol "an improvement" Riiiiiiiight...

Bane did drugs and is retarded. He can't remember who Bruce is. Too bad he doesn't have a merc army of several hundred people who he's referred to Batman as Bruce Wayne in front of several times who can remind him and everyone else. Oh wait he does.

Where on earth did you get that Origins takes place in the 70's? 20 Years before City? :slap it takes place 5 years before Asylum and City which it obviously does not take place in the 90's, comes immediately after Asylum.

Most of those characters you listed have a in and out role in most Batman stories, so what's the problem? And yes, it is an improvement cause it gives the characters a lot more depth and dimension in their interactions with each other, especially the Joker and Gordon and they don't become best friends, Gordon is clearly reluctant to Batman assistance at the end but it lays the foundation for their friendship.

Barbara Gordon was an impressionable teenager whom already idolized Batman, therefore it makes perfect sense.

News flash, Bane always did drugs, Venom itself is a drug, and regarding him forgetting his identity, yeah, like no one could see Bruce climbing the Ace chemicals building, which was very clearly visible and see Batman come out of the rooftop in City :lol

In terms of story Origins > City.

You are playing a version that's been patched dozens of times.

You could not perform the final beatdown on the Joker to win the game when this was released on PC. It would enter into a Batarang camera angle they set and screw up the ability to do the beatdown. Everyone on PC had to either buy an xbox controller or wait the 3 weeks it took them to finally fix it. There is still a major glitch most users on PC have where they cannot complete the My Alibi section of the game. Look at how many negative reviews this game has on Steam from those issues. It had similar issues on consoles but on PC it was literally unbeatable at several points from them patching it and screwing something else up with the patch and this went on for months even after the Steam Holiday sale where it sold a **** ton more copies on sale. It affected every Steam PC user which is millions.

A game that you literally cannot beat because the game is broken does not get heralded as the second coming and rightfully so. If they released the game as it is now it'd have been alot better off but that isn't how it played out.

No, I played the Ps3 version without a single patch.

Back