Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember there being anything better for finding all the trophies in the first two?

You dont remember fighting the Riddler?

In Asylum you only heard a phone call of the riddler being arrested if I remember correctly. The capture of the riddler in City was great and well worth the effort in finding all those damn trophies. You got to unlock the several traps where the guards were being held and then got to go after Edward. That was a worthwhile payoff.

UGH! I know right! I was standing by this game despite some of its short comings but the Data packs were just stupid. There is a ton of them and none are really that complicated to acquire so its just tedious and then when you get them all it just practically says thanks for playing.
I know, that was really disappointing to me. I really loved Riddler's portrayal in all three games, and I like how Asylum handled him, loved how City handled him. Origins was just a let down, I mean collecting the first Riddler Trophy would have been cool if there was more to it. Didn't unlock anything, nothing. Also I thought it was lame they marked his hideout right away. I mean, c'mon...

Also didn't like how they said there was more Enigma was withholding and that it'd come into play, but of course it never did. DLC maybe, but Riddler felt hollow and unrewarding in this game. And the Riddles from Asylum and City were SORELY missed by me. Riddler's my second favourite villain and I really enjoyed all of them in Asylum and City, but not having ANYTHING even try to fill in for them was a bit upsetting.

Speaking of DLC, I must say that these two hobbies probably piss me off the most when it comes to hype. Take Hot Toys for example, with their "teasers." What's the point? There is literally no reason I can think of to "hype up" an action figure; particularly when you specialize in highly realistic stuff, as, if you've done your job right, the customer will already know what it looks like from actual trailers and such. I know that's kind of off-topic, but the way they're handling the Origins story DLC is what's really getting to me. They post a teaser saying to tune in on December 31st for a big announcement. December 31st comes and what do we get? Another teaser for "story DLC" with "details coming soon." What is the world coming to when marketing teams are posting teasers for teasers? :slap

In Asylum you only heard a phone call of the riddler being arrested if I remember correctly. The capture of the riddler in City was great and well worth the effort in finding all those damn trophies. You got to unlock the several traps where the guards were being held and then got to go after Edward. That was a worthwhile payoff.

Exactly. You get a pretty cool audio log of the police coming and getting Riddler in Asylum and in City you get to kick his *** but in orgins you walk in a room grab a trophy and walk away.... the end.

You dont remember fighting the Riddler?

Oddly enough, I completely forgot about that. Of the three, Origins definitely had the least rewarding result for completing the Riddler's tasks. But I guess none of the three games' Riddler finales were great to me. Asylum was fine, but much of City and Origins' collecting was simply a chore to get an achievement.

One thing in Origin I really missed were the clues. Those were always my favorite part of the Riddler challenges.

Heads up if any one is looking for a Collectors Edition set, game stop has it on sale for $59.99. Saw 2 Xbox version at my local game stop but I want the PS3 version, so I got one on hold and picking it up later. Online also has it but gives an error if you try to add it to your cart.

Just got done. I liked it, but it really was just the same game as the last one.

I got the collectors edition. And just downloaded the deathstroke that came with it. Is the deathstroke just training crap or is there more to it?

Speaking of DLC, I must say that these two hobbies probably piss me off the most when it comes to hype. Take Hot Toys for example, with their "teasers." What's the point? There is literally no reason I can think of to "hype up" an action figure; particularly when you specialize in highly realistic stuff, as, if you've done your job right, the customer will already know what it looks like from actual trailers and such. I know that's kind of off-topic, but the way they're handling the Origins story DLC is what's really getting to me. They post a teaser saying to tune in on December 31st for a big announcement. December 31st comes and what do we get? Another teaser for "story DLC" with "details coming soon." What is the world coming to when marketing teams are posting teasers for teasers? :slap

This is really bothering me too, I was fully expecting some kind of reveal at least on New Year's Eve, it felt like quite a cop out. I'm waiting to see what this new dlc is before I decide to get the season pass. I agree with what you're saying about these teasers, just seems ridiculous to start teasing things so far in advance when there's no pay off.

I didn't bother with any of the Deathstroke stuff, or a good portion of the combat challenges this time. It's a stupid reason, but with all the multiplayer achievements, knowing I'd never 1K the game made it easier to just say "forget it" to most of the challenges.

I did really like the addition of that mode that was the combat challenge but with specific goals.

I don't know why ppl say it's short, it's at least as long as City, I couldn't really tell because both in City and Origins I spend a lot of time doing side missions, but it felt the right length.

Back