Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love the trailer, I feel like Rocksteady may have painted themselves into a corner with the more casual fans of the franchise. From the wording of "dual play" to the action on display in the trailer, it really does seem like "co-op," and I'm noticing a lot of people are mistaking it for that. I was guilty of it, when I first watched the trailer.

They really should release some more videos, similar to how Rockstar does with each new game, that better detail the new features on display.

I just hope it doesn't take away from Batman in this. I do like the option of character swapping, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm just wondering what the extent of it is. Do all of these characters have free rein across all of Gotham? What about vehicles? Are they just "back-up" that Batman can call in, from time to time?

Personally, I think it'd be cool if, rather than side missions, we actually got secondary storylines. Batman's busy with the Arkham Knight and Scarecrow, so, he leaves it up to the rest of his allies to take back control from the likes of Penguin, Two-Face, Harley, and others. It also makes me curious about the Harley and Red Hood DLC, and the way they were referred to as "story packs." Perhaps, they're not challenge maps, but new storylines involving those characters?

Also, it's interesting that, along with the "dual play" feature, they also referred to the trailer as "introducing the all new Batwing." I'd lose my **** if that was playable, too. We've already seen the Arkham Knight's drones, and we saw him piloting an aircraft in that Ace Chemicals trailer, so, who knows?

I'm just wondering what the extent of it is. Do all of these characters have free rein across all of Gotham? What about vehicles? Are they just "back-up" that Batman can call in, from time to time?

Personally, I think it'd be cool if, rather than side missions, we actually got secondary storylines. Batman's busy with the Arkham Knight and Scarecrow, so, he leaves it up to the rest of his allies to take back control from the likes of Penguin, Two-Face, Harley, and others. It also makes me curious about the Harley and Red Hood DLC, and the way they were referred to as "story packs." Perhaps, they're not challenge maps, but new storylines involving those characters?

Also, it's interesting that, along with the "dual play" feature, they also referred to the trailer as "introducing the all new Batwing." I'd lose my **** if that was playable, too. We've already seen the Arkham Knight's drones, and we saw him piloting an aircraft in that Ace Chemicals trailer, so, who knows?

Maybe this game took some inspiration from GTAV and will have a missions where they split up and have different people taking the Batwing, Batboat, Batmobile, and regular rooftop jumping? Then again, they should have their own vehicles as well so idk.

Does anybody know if the prequel comics are completed ? I would like to get the hardcover before the game come out. The Arkham City prequel comic was pretty good.

I don't know, it's weird. For some reason, I keep thinking it's an ongoing.

I remember picking up the Arkham City hardcover just in time prior to the game's launch way back, I'm glad I did as it filled in the gaps of what happened the events of AA and AC. I'm hoping the AK one will complete its' run by the time the game comes out as I just wanna buy one hardcover collection and be done with it. It's pretty tough finding comic books where I am. :lol

Have you read it, Batfan?

Yeah, those MGS fans are something else.

I see the gameplay and story in MGSV in a positive light just as you view things for Arkham Knight. Both games do new things, so what's the problem here? Neither looks like a re-skinned annual game. Am I not entitled to consider another game other this as being a potential game of the year? Perhaps my comments about MGSV overshadow my desire to play this game just as much, if not more than anyone else here.

It's going to be a great year for gaming, I'm actually glad Uncharted got delayed because I probably wouldn't have been able to play all these great games at one time, and it would have killed my pockets.

If I had to bet, I'd say Metal Gear Solid V is going to be my game of the year, but I don't know if it'll win the most game of the year awards. It's never been that kind of series, I believe MGS 1-4 barely won any GOTY awards, and they're my favorite games of all time.

Arkham is looking great, but not really a fan of those WWF tag team moves that were being shown throughout that video. Batman throwing Catwoman an alley oop? I also have some issues with the voice acting from Conroy too.

If Uncharted was coming this year, I would certainly pick that for GOTY, especially since the team that worked on Last of Us came on to work on UC4. They didn't work on UC3 and that's probably why I found that to be the most underwhelming in the series, the talent certainly wasn't the same as it was with UC2.

I also find it funny how similar the main antagonists of this and TPP are. Both mysterious characters that have a history with Batman/Snake that are virtually equal to the protagonists and both voiced by the same man.

Never played a Witcher game, but based on the last trailer released, it's definitely looking like a GOTY contender.

I remember picking up the Arkham City hardcover just in time prior to the game's launch way back, I'm glad I did as it filled in the gaps of what happened the events of AA and AC. I'm hoping the AK one will complete its' run by the time the game comes out as I just wanna buy one hardcover collection and be done with it. It's pretty tough finding comic books where I am. :lol

Have you read it, Batfan?

Yeah, I bought the floppies. It was great. Apparently, I was correct, in that the actual "Arkham Knight" series is an ongoing, as there are issues coming in July, seemingly with no end in sight. However, there's also a second, 6-issue limited series that starts in July that details the origin of the Arkham Knight, himself, as well.

It's going to be a great year for gaming, I'm actually glad Uncharted got delayed because I probably wouldn't have been able to play all these great games at one time, and it would have killed my pockets.

If I had to bet, I'd say Metal Gear Solid V is going to be my game of the year, but I don't know if it'll win the most game of the year awards. It's never been that kind of series, I believe MGS 1-4 barely won any GOTY awards, and they're my favorite games of all time.

Arkham is looking great, but not really a fan of those WWF tag team moves that were being shown throughout that video. Batman throwing Catwoman an alley oop? I also have some issues with the voice acting from Conroy too.

If Uncharted was coming this year, I would certainly pick that for GOTY, especially since the team that worked on Last of Us came on to work on UC4. They didn't work on UC3 and that's probably why I found that to be the most underwhelming in the series, the talent certainly wasn't the same as it was with UC2.

I also find it funny how similar the main antagonists of this and TPP are. Both mysterious characters that have a history with Batman/Snake that are virtually equal to the protagonists and both voiced by the same man.

Never played a Witcher game, but based on the last trailer released, it's definitely looking like a GOTY contender.

Screw all these games, I'm getting Black Ops 3 and the next Assassins Creed. Why wait 2-3 years for another game when I can get a brand new one every year? Thats Dumb. On top of that, I can get multiple new games every year with Assassins Creed. All of you can keep your Arkham Knight, Metal whatever and all this other garbage. I only get the best games. Im out.

1905c1290569414900508712ecad9113-micdrop06.gif

Yeah, I bought the floppies. It was great. Apparently, I was correct, in that the actual "Arkham Knight" series is an ongoing, as there are issues coming in July, seemingly with no end in sight. However, there's also a second, 6-issue limited series that starts in July that details the origin of the Arkham Knight, himself, as well.

Darn it. I don't mind the Arkham Knight story as that obviously was intended to be read after beating the game (perhaps?). Are the core prequels done, or are those ongoing as well?

Screw all these games, I'm getting Black Ops 3 and the next Assassins Creed. Why wait 2-3 years for another game when I can get a brand new one every year? Thats Dumb. On top of that, I can get multiple new games every year with Assassins Creed. All of you can keep your Arkham Knight, Metal whatever and all this other garbage. I only get the best games. Im out.

1905c1290569414900508712ecad9113-micdrop06.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Back