Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be glad Uncharted 4 isn't coming out this year either or it would've been an even bigger stretch to say Batman will be the GOTY. Plus, that whole Witcher 3 game everyone's hyped up hasn't come out so who knows. I highly doubt a Batman game will reach that level.

Even if Uncharted came out this year, it wouldn't beat this. And everyone is hyped for Witcher? Good for them.

Then we shall agree to disagree

Well, you're always welcomed in the general MGS thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...on-thread-figures-customs-games-spoilers.html

There, people talk about what works and what doesn't. Gay joke about Kojima are also welcomed.

Plat isn't really difficult, for the most part. More tedious than anything. Getting 100%, though; that's the worst.:lol

Top of the World Extreme
, anyone? :lol

This is another reason why I have such disdain about MGS fans nowadays. They put it on such a pedestal, that it doesn't deserve anymore. That no matter what, if Kojima is behind it and it's MGS... it's going to DESTROY the competition. MGS hasn't done that since MGS2-MGS3. That was 2004, and MGS has just been meandering through it's sequels, offering nothing earth shattering like it's former glory.

Be glad Uncharted 4 isn't coming out this year either or it would've been an even bigger stretch to say Batman will be the GOTY. Plus, that whole Witcher 3 game everyone's hyped up hasn't come out so who knows. I highly doubt a Batman game will reach that level.

Yikes, did you remember that Greg Miller Uncharted 3/Arkham City debacle where he gave U3 a 10 while Batman a 9? That caused a major uproar at the time and people calling Miller out. Again, you have no idea how much I love Uncharted but I'll bet my lunch money this will do better. And stop comparing my favorite games, dammit! :lol

This is another reason why I have such disdain about MGS fans nowadays. They put it on such a pedestal, that it doesn't deserve anymore. That no matter what, if Kojima is behind it and it's MGS... it's going to DESTROY the competition. MGS hasn't done that since MGS2-MGS3. That was 2004, and MGS has just been meandering through it's sequels, offering nothing earth shattering like it's former glory.

The simple explanation is that Hideo Kojima wanted out for so long. I'm glad he's getting it, the man deserves to retire from making these games.

Well, you're always welcomed in the general MGS thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...on-thread-figures-customs-games-spoilers.html

There, people talk about what works and what doesn't. Gay joke about Kojima are also welcomed.

Top of the World Extreme
, anyone? :lol

Yep, again...and again...and again...and again.

That was the worst part. For a second, you actually feel like you've accomplished something, and then, just like that, you realize that you've got to do it all over again with Catwoman, Nightwing, and Robin.:lol The worst part is that they were only bronze trophies for each of them.

Yeah, those MGS fans are something else.

I see the gameplay and story in MGSV in a positive light just as you view things for Arkham Knight. Both games do new things, so what's the problem here? Neither looks like a re-skinned annual game. Am I not entitled to consider another game other this as being a potential game of the year? Perhaps my comments about MGSV overshadow my desire to play this game just as much, if not more than anyone else here.

I see the gameplay and story in MGSV as being just as interesting as the way you view things for Arkham Knight. Both games do new things, so what's the problem here? Neither looks like a re-skinned annual game.

No one is saying that, but Kojima has long since been a changed director... taking the series in a weird direction, where it's become too japanesy and hokey. He's really run the Big Boss arc into the ground and has completely demolished any interest to me in that character. In depth information on Legends is better off not being known.

If you want to continue the discussion, go to that MGS link Ryan posted since we've derailed the thread.

"Big Boss is the hero video games deserve, but not the one they need right now."

"Solid Snake is the hero video games deserves, and the one it needs right now, but we never get." :lecture

I see the gameplay and story in MGSV in a positive light just as you view things for Arkham Knight. Both games do new things, so what's the problem here? Neither looks like a re-skinned annual game. Am I not entitled to consider another game other this as being a potential game of the year?

All the more reason why you should post on the MGS boards more, we could use more more views championing the game, so long as it's civil that is.

"Big Boss is the hero video games deserve, but not the one they need right now."

:rotfl

No one is saying that, but Kojima has long since been a changed director... taking the series in a weird direction, where it's become too japanesy and hokey. He's really run the Big Boss arc into the ground and has completely demolished any interest to me in that character. In depth information on Legends is better off not being known.

If you want to continue the discussion, go to that MGS link Ryan posted since we've derailed the thread.

"Solid Snake is the hero video games deserves, and the one it needs right now, but we never get."
:lecture

:rotfl

Arkham Knight ending spoiler:
batman-is-dead.jpg
DEM GRAPHICS

I hope we can pick the others during story missions. I hope Hush and Deathstroke are in it some kind of way. Can't wait to play it.

I bet this game is like Fight Club, where the Arkham Knight is all in Batman's head and he's been doing this ****.:lol

I've never played MGS. I hear great things and it's always looked intriguing to me, but I just never got around to it, for whatever reason.

MGS to weird for my tastes. When it does make sense I just don't care. :lol

It always had a level of weirdness but, and got progressively worse with each sequel. It was always tolerable to me, until the last few years. The last one that came out, Peace Walker, went full retard.

I bet this game is like Fight Club, where the Arkham Knight is all in Batman's head and he's been doing this ****.:lol

:lol :lol

It always had a level of weirdness but, and got progressively worse with each sequel. It was always tolerable to me, until the last few years. The last one that came out, Peace Walker, went full retard.

I only played the first 2, after that I had enough of that world. :lol

When I want Japanese wackiness I just watch Godzilla. :lol

MGS to weird for my tastes. When it does make sense I just don't care. :lol

I've never played MGS. I hear great things and it's always looked intriguing to me, but I just never got around to it, for whatever reason.

You guys should try out MGS1,2 and 3 at least. Easily some of the greatest games ever made and they're easy to find and dirt cheap to boot!

Great gameplay, terrible and nauseating at everything else. :lol

Ah okay. They ARE weird, admittedly. :lol

So what happened to getting this derailed thread back on track? :lol

I wonder if Azrael will be playable as well. I still think Damian Wayne or Jason Todd will be the Arkham Knight. Based on how much older the Barbara and Tim look, I'm leaning towards an older Damian Wayne. A brand new character would feel too much like a one and done moment, with no true attachment to Batman.

That's a good way to describe it. The first MGS has a little bit of weirdness to it, but MGS2 was when it started the movement to Anime weirdness. Like I said, the last one is what made me actually start to dislike the series.

You guys should try out MGS1,2 and 3 at least. Easily some of the greatest games ever made and they're easy to find and dirt cheap to boot!

Great gameplay, terrible and nauseating at everything else. :lol

Ah okay. They ARE weird, admittedly. :lol

Gameplay was excellent (aside from ridiculously tough bosses)

Back