Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well played, WB; well, played. It looks like the suits at the studio had more to do with the design process than we'd initially thought. It seems that the creation of the Arkham Knight was a response to leaked set photos of Ultron they ascertained through nefarious means, and that the creation of the character is actually an elaborate ploy by WB's studio heads to derail excitement for The Avengers 2 by releasing something beforehand that would be so uncharacteristically similar that we would be forced to look at Ultron as something derivative and mediocre:

View attachment 120748

Shame they had to use such a great game franchise as a venue to proactively attack their rivals in the film division because they don't have enough faith in their own films to do that.:lol

Do you have proof or this or just making it up?

Well played, WB; well, played. It looks like the suits at the studio had more to do with the design process than we'd initially thought. It seems that the creation of the Arkham Knight was a response to leaked set photos of Ultron they ascertained through nefarious means, and that the creation of the character is actually an elaborate ploy by WB's studio heads to derail excitement for The Avengers 2 by releasing something beforehand that would be so uncharacteristically similar that we would be forced to look at Ultron as something derivative and mediocre:

View attachment 120748

Shame they had to use such a great game franchise as a venue to proactively attack their rivals in the film division because they don't have enough faith in their own films to do that.:lol

I don't think thats true...... ehhh I dont know, is your comment sarcastic in some way or are you genuinly suggesting that.... WB arent making this game Rocksteady are, and I dont think they are the kind of studio to take direction from anybody but themselves

Any thoughts on the Arkham Knight?

I have 3 theories:

1. Damien Wayne: looking to prove himself to Ras Al Ghul and get revenge for Talia.... also Talia mentioned a night in Metropolis with Bruce

2. Jason Todd: Not mentioned thus far and yet both **** Grayson and Tim Drake have shown up, also AK is very similar looking to Red Hood and could be the Arkham style version of him

3. Ras Al Ghul: A lot younger version thanks to Lazarus... although this is unlikely since he was beaten already by Batman and AK seems like he could match Batman physically, and a lot better than Ras

other theories floating in my head include

Joker(unlikely but its Joker:dunno)
Scarecrow(AK seems taller but :dunno)
Drone(Simply a robot), possible Brother Eye side mission

My off the wall theory would be that, somehow, Hugo Strange managed to make his way to the Lazarus Pit beneath Gotham and now he's out for revenge, but, honestly, my bets are on AK being this universe's Damian, as well. The Arkham Knight mantle would make sense, considering both his Grandfather and mother died there, it would also explain his vendetta, as he could blame Batman for their deaths/not saving them, and then there's also the fact that, recently, we've been seeing information about how the Arkham Knight has a whole army at his disposal; he very well could've attained such a force as the heir to the League of Assassins. Some other, more obscure things that popped into my head were Talia's night in Metropolis with Bruce that she referred to, and, more off the wall, would be Harley's pregnancy test in AC. Perhaps they were hinting that there was a child in the Arkhamverse's future, but not necessarily Harley's? That one's way out there, though.:lol Anyway, yeah; Damian.

Any thoughts on the Arkham Knight?
If I had to pick from the more obvious choices, I'd go for Damian due to Ra's and Talia's prominence in AC and how the character always had an anti-hero spin to him. I never liked Jason ever since his revival (even if conceptually he's interesting), and the others seem like an underwhelming, if not repetitive, choice to use as an anti-heroic pseudo-Batman.

If I'm being honest, I'd like to see Arkham Knight turn out to be Rocksteady's take on the Lincoln March character from the recent (and awesome) Court of Owls storyline, though I guess it already loses points in terms of coolness without the owl motif...

So yeah character preference-wise, I'd rather they go for either Damian or their own original take on Lincoln honestly.

I believe the Arkham Knight's forces are Drones, or so says the developer but it could have been misdirection or he could have been simply referring to the tanks Batman was destroying

Well, the tanks are drones, but he still has soldiers at his command. The Arkham Facebook page has been leaking tidbits of info once a week. This was posted, along with the caption '“The Arkham Knight. Whoever this guy is, he’s assembled an army.”
- Batman:'
10518600_871826326180735_5878685617825573279_o.jpg

Well, the tanks are drones, but he still has soldiers at his command. The Arkham Facebook page has been leaking tidbits of info once a week. This was posted, along with the caption '“The Arkham Knight. Whoever this guy is, he’s assembled an army.”
- Batman:'
10518600_871826326180735_5878685617825573279_o.jpg

huh! I havent been following that page, interesting, so these guys will be filling the TYGER role in this game, like in City
They have a diamond patch on the uniform, like Harleys symbols on her Thugs.
maybe they're the Diamond dogs from MGS and the Arkham Knight is Snake :rotfl, could you imagine :lol

No, I think that's the Arkham logo that was found in the two previous games.

Also, I'm putting out an open invite to anyone who wants to boost those God forsaken multi-player trophies that no one wanted in Origins.

My PSN ID is batfan008

Great news from Arkhamverse.com, we have official confirmation at a new playable character for Arkham Knight...Red Hood. He's a Gamestop exclusive preorder, so if you're a customer of them, like me, this is a good day to be you.
olfsi_072314-2780.jpg

Back