Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any significance to what looks to be, "337/2" by the corner of AK's eye? I'm likely grasping at straws here, but I found it interesting all the same.

The suit is this weird, unhappy medium between Nolan and the comics. Like they took the weaker aspects of both looks and combined them. It's "realistic" without looking functional, and stylized without looking cool.

:exactly: couldn't have said it better myself.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Is there any significance to what looks to be, "337/2" by the corner of AK's eye? I'm likely grasping at straws here, but I found it interesting all the same.

I guess that is 337/2. I thought it was a Wayne Enterprises logo, at first.

It's actually 337/Δ...Not sure if that Δ is "delta" or just an indicator like a display pointer. You can see it clearly if you download the image at full resolution. ak_detail.jpg

These, the faint blue circle, and the numbers running across the front of the helmet look to me like some type of augmented reality targeting holographic system or something (like google glass/the heads up displays that Tony Stark sees when he's in his suit).

That armored suit makes the new52 suit look minimalist and plain, it even makes the new 52 design look pretty darn good in my eyes, like Riddick said; It's over -designed.... Needlessly complex, full of lines, with the Nolanized realism of the exposed armor and the undersuit looks like it could be a surfing wetsuit.

The way I see it is: the new 52 was a bit busier and I got tired of it quickly, the Nolan version was innovative for it's time and I rolled with it because of the realistic approach of the trilogy, this new suit though, this new suit is overkill for me.

The new 52 suit looks super clean and plain compared to this new one.

Yeah and he finally got rid of the ridiculous black/blue overwear!

Arkham Knight looks a LOT like TDK suit in the chest area. Looks good. Definitely a Batman rip-off so it will be interesting to see how that plays out exactly.

I for one love the new costume design; I could take or leave the interlocking armored look, but I'm so glad they finally gave him some more realistic proportions. Batman looked absolutely ridiculous in the last three games, as far as I'm concerned.

10001137_10152366139536803_2076499025_o.jpg

Batman-Arkham-City-Screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
There's not reason to complain. There will be 15 other suits you'll be able to wear like the last two games. I don't like or hate the new suit and I've never liked or hated the arkham suits, they were always just ok to me. The games were very much batman and awesome and that's what made them so great.

The old black underwear look is stupid. New suit better.

A little homoerotic too. Nothing against that, just sayin'.

That armored suit makes the new52 suit look minimalist and plain, it even makes the new 52 design look pretty darn good in my eyes, like Riddick said; It's over -designed.... Needlessly complex, full of lines, with the Nolanized realism of the exposed armor and the undersuit looks like it could be a surfing wetsuit.

The way I see it is: the new 52 was a bit busier and I got tired of it quickly, the Nolan version was innovative for it's time and I rolled with it because of the realistic approach of the trilogy, this new suit though, this new suit is overkill for me.

The new 52 suit looks super clean and plain compared to this new one.

I like the new 52 suit. It looks exactly like his Batman Inc suit with a different symbol and belt. And the lines of armor don't bother me at all.

I like the new 52 suit. It looks exactly like his Batman Inc suit with a different symbol and belt. And the lines of armor don't bother me at all.

Me too, Batman Inc suit is gorgeous, but the new 52 got better looking in my eyes after this new AK design, I'm not trying to be alienating, I truly feel that way.

So, it's just not my cup of tea, good for you guys who like the new suit :duff

I love the design of Batman suits, I don't like that he's massive like a gorilla juice head.

My only issue with the new suit is the neck. It looked cool in TDK but I prefer the classic cowl look in games and animation alot better!

Arkham Knight looks......awesome. It's a bit busy but I want a high end figure of him NOW.

The blue lights in the corner of his eyes were weird to me though. Maybe me think he was a robot. Like a MGS character.

I for one love the new costume design; I could take or leave the interlocking armored look, but I'm so glad they finally gave him some more realistic proportions. Batman looked absolutely ridiculous in the last three games, as far as I'm concerned.
Sort of agree with this. While the old suit was average at best, I never cared for pin-headed Batman (seriously, even discounting the lack of head padding, how the hell does his head fit in that tiny cowl?) It's why the Arkham Origins design remains as my favorite, they got his proportions down a bit better there with the padding looking lightweight yet heavy enough to make for a convincingly "plausible" suit for Batman. Glad to see that trend continuing for this one (regarding the proportions I mean, not the padding). As for his new suit in AK, it doesn't look horrible and it doesn't look like a stand-out either so it's more or less cool enough but forgettable in my eyes. That said, at least they gave an excuse for it, what with Batman adopting a new suit to match his new Batmobile.

Back