Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got all of my Riddler trophies , as well as the Perfect Freeflow 2.0 and Bronze Revenge trophies, Riddler's Revenge and New Game Plus are all that's left.

I got my 100% percent lastnight and gamestop emailed me back and i finally got an animated series skin code that worked, so now im playing through the game again. I also noticed that deadshot is in the very beginning during the prison processing, hes in his prison jump suit and stops you before you meet jack ryder, hedoes the gun motion at wayne and states that hes on his list. I thought it was pretty cool, didnt pick up on it during my other play throughs.

Hey guys, i seem to have completed most stuff i think in the main game, (ie story and side missions) and im just trying to do the riddler stuff. I've saved the first two hostages but thats it, havent had any more pop up. Is there something you need to do before you get another hostage location? At the minute im just running around the city solving riddles.

Hey guys, i seem to have completed most stuff i think in the main game, (ie story and side missions) and im just trying to do the riddler stuff. I've saved the first two hostages but thats it, havent had any more pop up. Is there something you need to do before you get another hostage location? At the minute im just running around the city solving riddles.

Do are doing exactly what you need to then. You have to find more Riddles for the locations to appear. You need 400 to finally get to Riddler.

Ahh, ok. Just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something. Thanks dude. Just realised aswell i have the identity thief stuff to do and and the guy watching over you thing. No idea whats going on with those though as i havent had anything come up about them.

Ahh, ok. Just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something. Thanks dude. Just realised aswell i have the identity thief stuff to do and and the guy watching over you thing. No idea whats going on with those though as i havent had anything come up about them.

You have to find next parts on your own.

The watchers locations are, roughly in each of the four corners of the map. So just fly to those locations and look for a puff of smoke that signals he has appeared.

For identity thief, you need to find the bodies. As I recall they're in the park row district. I'll have to double check though.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks guys. Had a scout around, found the remaining bodies and beat the identity thief. Also had a couple of encounters with the mystery watcher. Just wanted to make sure there wasnt something i was missing thats all.

Just need to crack on with the riddle's now really, to try and get the other hostages.

When is the Robin DLC getting released? I read somewhere it was supposed to be the 12th, which was yesterday and it isn't there. Tuesday perhaps?

Got all the Riddler Trophies and Challenges complete, but no achievement for doing so. I don't even care about achievements usually, but... seems kinda harsh. What's the next easiest achievement I can unlock to tout this, the "Day 2" one? :lol

When is the Robin DLC getting released? I read somewhere it was supposed to be the 12th, which was yesterday and it isn't there. Tuesday perhaps?

I read that somewhere too. Was looking for it yesterday on the PS store but only found the Nightwing pack, which i do have to say i'm really interested in after seeing the trailer, he's like an MMA fighter or something. Hoping the Robin DLC will appear this week. Doesnt the PS store update on wednesday's?

Just finished it tonight and althoug it was a great game the story wasn't as good as Arkham Asylum.

I hate when the story sets something out, in this case finding out what Strange had planned Protocol 10 and then something happens and the process of going from A to B, gets hindered by the rest of the alphabet, in this case Joker poisoning batman and the main story being set aside while he goes from villain to villain to get the cure, i'd have much preferred a handful of villains with more character to them than the lots of villains in the game with a single mission each.

And then when Protocol 10 hit, it was underwhelming really and no reason was given as to the purpose of Strange's AC "Experiment" why did he do it? So he could put all criminals in one place and kill them all at once?, and Strange being just a puppet kind of sucked too, why did Ra's help him when he obviously admires Batman?

And Joker dying, that was unexpected although the idea him recieving immortality and his reaction was fantastic. As was the Clayface Twist.

You may think i'm stupid and i think that too somewhat, but i played through the whole main story and some side-missions waiting for the Riddler hostage challenges to start, and they didn't... WTF?

I mean i saw the building with the Question marks but i figured this was where he was hiding and thats why you couldnt climb to the top until you solved his challenges.

Nearly Every other side mission was told to the player with radio broadcasts and messages and stuff but these Hostage ones weren't, only because of this i checked the bottom after the game finished and it turned out you could enter the building, at which point the Interrogation upgrade kicked in as well as the classic Riddles and not just brain teaser contraptions and trophies.

So i feel a little cheated at how there was no indication to go into the building and really kick start the more fun riddles.

Doing my new game + now with Beyond and Sinstro batmans

Did anyone else find this games plot to be a massive Holocaust metaphor? Think about it: Charismatic mad man fools everyone into thinking he's good, blames a group of people for everyones' problems, then rounds said people up and places them in a hostile environment without even allowing them basic human rights. Then, when everything goes to ____, he decides that the easiest way to avoid being caught is to clean up the evidence by massacring the aforementioned group of people.

Just finished it tonight and althoug it was a great game the story wasn't as good as Arkham Asylum.

I hate when the story sets something out, in this case finding out what Strange had planned Protocol 10 and then something happens and the process of going from A to B, gets hindered by the rest of the alphabet, in this case Joker poisoning batman and the main story being set aside while he goes from villain to villain to get the cure, i'd have much preferred a handful of villains with more character to them than the lots of villains in the game with a single mission each.

And then when Protocol 10 hit, it was underwhelming really and no reason was given as to the purpose of Strange's AC "Experiment" why did he do it? So he could put all criminals in one place and kill them all at once?, and Strange being just a puppet kind of sucked too, why did Ra's help him when he obviously admires Batman?

That's what Ra's does. His plans usually revolve around ridding the world of it's corrupt denizens.

He does admire batman, but batman has refused him so many times and battled his methods, that Ra's was looking into alternate means. It appears he manipulated Strange to achieve his goals. Read up on Ra's a little bit (wikipedia etc) and you may have a clearer understanding of his methods.

You may think i'm stupid and i think that too somewhat, but i played through the whole main story and some side-missions waiting for the Riddler hostage challenges to start, and they didn't... WTF?

I mean i saw the building with the Question marks but i figured this was where he was hiding and thats why you couldnt climb to the top until you solved his challenges.

Nearly Every other side mission was told to the player with radio broadcasts and messages and stuff but these Hostage ones weren't, only because of this i checked the bottom after the game finished and it turned out you could enter the building, at which point the Interrogation upgrade kicked in as well as the classic Riddles and not just brain teaser contraptions and trophies.

So i feel a little cheated at how there was no indication to go into the building and really kick start the more fun riddles.

Doing my new game + now with Beyond and Sinstro batmans

This I have no answer for. I had a mission marker for the church just like every other side mission (besides the Watcher). You may have encountered a glitch.

Actually, with the first one (right beside the church) I was running all around that building looking for a way in. Probably spent about 10-15 minutes doing that, but I just happened to notice that as I ran past the question mark at one point that an on-screen prompt came up, so I went over and stood in front of it and was like "oooohhhhhhh". Thought it was odd that nothing came up in detective mode or anything, but if someone's just seeing what that side mission is about and could care less about completing it, then yeah that could throw them off easily.
Did anyone else find this games plot to be a massive Holocaust metaphor? Think about it: Charismatic mad man fools everyone into thinking he's good, blames a group of people for everyones' problems, then rounds said people up and places them in a hostile environment without even allowing them basic human rights. Then, when everything goes to ____, he decides that the easiest way to avoid being caught is to clean up the evidence by massacring the aforementioned group of people.

Not me. That whole thing about Protocol 10 and wiping the inmate population out was Ra's goal from the get go. That had nothing to do with Strange covering anything up. Ra's wants to wipe out all of the corruption in the world, and he thinks Gotham is the most corrupt place there is, so using Strange as his puppet to set all that up was how he planned it. He just didn't plan on Strange having a back-up plan if he felt betrayed and wanted to take Ra's out, though. That being Protocol 11.

But all-in-all, this was one of the funnest games I've ever played. You have to go into it wanting to complete all of the side missions or you're not even enjoying half of the experience. I thought they did an excellent job of cramming in so many characters from the Batman universe, without making it seem so crowded. I give it a solid 10/10 and recommend it to anyone. It's by no means a very challenging game, so any level of player can pick it up and feel accomplished after playing it, and I think there's even enough there to keep the hardcore players intrigued. And out of all the games I've played this year, I'd say this was all around the best one by far.

Back