Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City (No Spoilers)

^ I guess you've watched it by now then batfan... What did you make of it?
How about you DiFabio? Did you watch or resist the urge?

I thought it was awesome. I'm not a gamer (my brother back home is getting this) anymore but I can still appreciate what I'm seeing. The story looks top notch as well as the game play judging by the first 55 minutes.

I'll definitely be trying this out some time soon. I know my brother is pumped for it. Hes had it on preorder with Gamestop for ages. I know I'm going to be getting calls about how great it is on Tuesday.

Ironically I'm a huge Batman fan but have little interest in gaming while he's a super gaming nerd and doesn't particularly love Batman as much as I do. I know September, October and November are big months for him gaming wise.

Tuesday is gonna be one hell of a bat-ass day. This, then my TF coming on the same day. How can a batfan handle that?? :lol

Harley Quinn official artworks

2u95pts.jpg

tumblr_lt0l6xcXal1qao34qo1_500.jpg

Sweet!! :monkey5

Man if I were joker I wouldn't even care about freakin batman anymore and be hitting that day and night lol:rotfl:lecture

:lol good little chuckle.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtoP-37u5So&feature=feedu[/ame]

Harley's tattoos differ in those photos above. Wonder which the final design will be.

Just receive word from my local retailer than my collectors edition should be in tomorrow!

Can't freaking wait!

Just got the Green Lantern Blu-Ray Steelbook from HMV (UK)

And although it wasn't listed it does come with the .sinestro Batman Skin which is cool.

Batman-Arkham-City-Sinestro-Skin.jpg

So I don't get to play as Catwoman at all and I miss parts of the main story (no matter what they say if they have missions for her then she is part of the story) because I don't have internet to my Xbox? That really sucks.

I never thought about that, if you don't have the console set up to the internet for this Single Player only game then you're missing content provided that should've been on the disc.

Last edited:

I never thought about that, if you don't have the console set up to the internet for this Single Player only game then you're missing content provided that should've been on the disc.

Well it isn't hard to plug in an ethernet cord to the back of the Xbox and use a silver account to redeem the code... If that is too difficult or inconvenient then it's his own fault that he can't play Catwoman.

Well it isn't hard to plug in an ethernet cord to the back of the Xbox and use a silver account to redeem the code... If that is too difficult or inconvenient then it's his own fault that he can't play Catwoman.

I guess so but not being able to play all of the main story unless I do does still suck.

Why would you need to have an internet setup for a Single Player game. :dunno

Is i too difficult or inconvenient for the Devs to do it

Catwoman isn't intended to be part of the normal single player experience.

I really think the people complaining about this when they are buying it new anyway really are only looking for something to complain about. I actually hope more companies do this and kill the used game market. I'm all for them going digital and requiring everyone to buy directly from them with one time use codes in order to play.

I'm not complaining about the game because I think its going to be kick ass but I am just bummed that I can't be Catwoman at any point (and I'll miss parts of the story) unless I figure out a way to hook up to the internet.

I'm not complaining about the game because I think its going to be kick ass but I am just bummed that I can't be Catwoman at any point unless I figure out a way to hook up to the internet.

It's not hard at all. You obviously have an internet connection. Just plug an internet cord into the back of the xbox, set up a free Xbox Live Silver account, redeem your Catwoman code and bingo.

It's not hard at all. You obviously have an internet connection. Just plug an internet cord into the back of the xbox, set up a free Xbox Live Silver account, redeem your Catwoman code and bingo.

Not sure if there is a cord long enough to go from my computer to where the xbox is. I guess I could disconnect it and haul it and a tv into this room and do it.

I really think the people complaining about this when they are buying it new anyway really are only looking for something to complain about. I actually hope more companies do this and kill the used game market. I'm all for them going digital and requiring everyone to buy directly from them with one time use codes in order to play.

it's more about complaining for the people who can't afford it new and will be cheated from the Catwoman parts

Catwoman isn't intended to be part of the normal single player experience.

From day one of the Catwoman reveal it was stated that her missions are separate but tie into Batman's story.

it was never once called DLC or unlockable content, it was advertised heavily of being a feature of the game and built onto the disc of the game.

Then they change that to try to kill off customers of the second hand market, if a customer can't afford it new and goes second-hand then if the games industry does manage to kill of the Second-Hand market, then those gamers STILL won't be able to afford new copies of the game.

Who does it help?

You may say the devs and publishers, but if the seond-hand market dies then i bet there will be many gamers wary of doshing out money and taking risks of buying a game that may be crap when they know they can't trade it to a retailer for a return of the money they put in.

Game stores i know don't give refunds on games because they aren't good or are buggy (alot of games are released buggy) so that means the customer is stuck with a poor game and will buy less in future so as not to get screwed being stuck with a poor game or repetitive game that is over in mere hours.

in addition trading in games gives the customer vouchers or money to put towards other new games. if you can't trade it in then you have to buy the new game you want 100% out of your pocket, that's bound to affect some customers.

9.3 from gametrailers.com

9.5 from ign.

Sweet, got some reading to do :clap

Last edited:

No one is being cheated out of the Catwoman parts. If you don't buy the game new, it is available for download on the marketplace. Catwoman is DLC and being given for free to those who buy the game new. It is no different than any other game add on for any other game.

Back