Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum 2

Being the huge Batfan that I am I couldn't resist buying this even though I already own the original, but I do agree with your point there Buttmunch.
Having played it today I'm not convinced that the 3D gameplay is something that would keep it's appeal in the longterm, despite it's coolness, so I don't think buyers of the original game have lost out on anything major apart from the challenge maps.

3D sounds cool, but I don't think I would want to play the entire game that way. I do hate it when video games are re-released with new features. I didn't care for Force Unleashed, but I'm annoyed that the ultimate sith edition has come out.

I hate when video games are re-released with more features and there by punishing those that bought it from the get-go and to rewarding those that didn't. :(

Yeah agreed! I didn't realize it had 3D in it.

Maybe have to purchase it after selling off ME2 and Forza 3 when I beat it.

^ They're nothing that special to be honest.
The Crime Alley challenge is just another combat challenge except set in crime alley.
The Scarecrow nightmare challenge is just another combat challenge again except you die instantly if you take a single hit.
Both of these challenges are now available for purchase on the Playsation 3 network store anyway (in the UK & Europe - not sure about anywhere else in the world) so that's the best way to get them if you're not too bothered about the 3D gameplay.

Oh, that's not so bad. I enjoyed the challenges, but they got a little tedious after awhile.

The combat challenges were very tedious for me too but I do love all of the silent predator challenges. I wish they'd included a new one with the GOTY edition instead of 2 new combat challenges.
I hope the AA2 game has loads more of these awesome predator challenges included too! Would be even cooler having them set in Gotham streets rather than the asylum.

^ They're nothing that special to be honest.
The Crime Alley challenge is just another combat challenge except set in crime alley.
The Scarecrow nightmare challenge is just another combat challenge again except you die instantly if you take a single hit.
Both of these challenges are now available for purchase on the Playsation 3 network store anyway (in the UK & Europe - not sure about anywhere else in the world) so that's the best way to get them if you're not too bothered about the 3D gameplay.

They were previously exclusives. The Scarecrow to gamstop (I think) and the Crime Alley to the Collector's Edition. I got the CE so I got the Crime Alley map. Yeah, its nothing special really. Just another normal thug fight. Nothing too challenging like the map with the electric floor/time limit.

I liked the predator challenges alot more than the combat challenges. I did better at them too. I'm not sure what the cause and effect relationship to those is though. Did I do better because I liked them or did I like them because I did better? :lol The advances moves Batman does when you get a high chain though was always really cool to see in the combat challenges.

I liked the predator challenges a lot more than the combat challenges too.
I guess it's just that there's a lot more to them than just 'beat up the bad guys', it's like they're almost mini games in themselves. I like the challenges set for you in taking out the thugs in various ways and being able to explore the environments too.
I hope they add more of these in AA2, they're a great addition to the game, especially after you've completed it.
One thing I think they could add to the predator challenges in the next game would be to maybe do a few challenges with some of the rogues gallery in rather than just generic thugs - like a funhouse/fairground setting with Harley where you'd need to take her out last as one of the challenges.

That would be cool. Amost like extra boss levels.

literally got floored when they made the announcement so quickly. hope it gets released mid-2011. i don't think they're going to release it in the same year as GOW3 :)

does the goty edition come with any addt'l goodies? aside from the 3D and challenge maps (which as buttmunch mentioned was available one way or another anyway)?

^ no, nothing else at all unfortunately.... Just the challenge maps, the 3D gameplay and 2 pairs of 3D glasses. Unless you count the hologram-art box cover lol

i cannot wait for arkham asylum 2
loved the first one and really just need to tweak little things and have an origional storyline and yey :)

yeah I can't wait for AA2 either!
I'm sure they know the world will be expecting greater things from the sequel so I hope they're pulling out all the stops to acheive that goal :D
I'd love to see at least some of the game set in Gotham City itself rather than contained to the Asylum, even if just in a few challenges.
Hope Catwoman's in there somewhere too!

Anyone heard of an official release date for this yet?
At first I heard it was gonna be 2010, then I read somewhere that it would be 2011, and now I've just seen on Amazon that it's going to be Sept 2010.

Anyone heard of an official release date for this yet?
At first I heard it was gonna be 2010, then I read somewhere that it would be 2011, and now I've just seen on Amazon that it's going to be Sept 2010.

I think AA2 is likely to be released 2011 or at the very end of the year

yeah, but i think mid 2011 is very unlikely. if we already got a teaser trailer a few months ago, then i would assume that we get the game probably by the years end. isnt that kinda how it worked with the first game?

Back