Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum 2

The first game was awesome and a whole lot of fun. If thats a legit video and it looks like it is 2 shapes up to be another winner. :rock I really hope they don't mess with the formula from the first one too much as it really was a great balance of what at least for me I was looking for in a Batman game.

Two-Face is who I was hoping for as the main villain as well.

Hellyeah! This is going to be a sick ass game. I'm still playing the first one.

I hope they will include at least a couple of new Batmobiles on this one. I love the Batty car in the first game. I have yet to complete because MW2 is taking lots of my time of late.

Other than that, looking forward to AA2!

Plus, am I the only one who think Mark Hamill will be a good Joker in the movie?

The Game of the Year Editon of AA comes out today in the UK so that should keep me happy during the long wait for the second one!
Can't wait to see what the 3D game-play is like and play the new challenge maps!

Hopefully Riddler has a bigger part then the first one. Him and Bane seemed dumbed down in AA.

AA was easily one of the best videogames ive ever played. The sequel is going to be AWESOME!!!

The Game of the Year Editon of AA comes out today in the UK so that should keep me happy during the long wait for the second one!
Can't wait to see what the 3D game-play is like and play the new challenge maps!

Cool!! Make sure to update everyone here what it plays like. I literally just finished up all the combat challenges a few weeks ago otherwise I'd probably get this one.

I'd like to see some of the off the wall villains every once in a while. Mad Hatter, Firefly, Killer Moth even.

Last edited:

I must confess I still haven't played the first AA yet. I've seen it for $30 brand new and am wondering if I should get the standard version of GOTY edition.

I must confess I still haven't played the first AA yet. I've seen it for $30 brand new and am wondering if I should get the standard version of GOTY edition.

OMG! Go to your local video game shop, no...RUN....RIGHT NOW and go get it, ANY version! :lol

J/K but to answer your question I would get the regular version. Just my opinion but from what I've seen on the internet the higher end versions aren't completely worth it.

Such a sweet game though and I can't wait for the sequel!

I read somewhere this game got a world record for highest rated game! Darnit, I can't remember which website I got that from!

Cool!! Make sure to update everyone here what it plays like. I literally just finished up all the combat challenges a few weeks ago otherwise I'd probably get this one.
Bought it today finally and been playing it all afternoon! :D
Firstly, the new challenges included were cool. There were two I'd never seen or played before - the Scarecrow Nightmare challenge and the Crime Alley challenge.
(I'd have preffered the Scarecrow challenge to be a cross between the dream scenarios in the game and the predator challenges though)

OK - the 3D gameplay...
I was suprised just how good it was since I wasn't expecting much from it. It really adds a sense of depth to the game. The 3D aspect isn't as impressive in the cutscenes as it is in the actual gameplay though.
The 3D really shines out in the gameplay and there were some genuinely cool and suprising 3D elements throughout the game (I've only played up to the part where Batman enters the Batcave for the first time so far)
For the most part the 3D doesn't hinder the gameplay - I was a little concerened it might distract too much from the fights but it hasn't so far. I did find the Bane fight to be a bit distracting visually once the thugs joined in but not enough to take any hits though.
The negatives I've come across so far are basically the glasses themselves and the colours on-screen when wearing them. The colours on-screen are dulled somewhat with slight purple/greenish hues when you have the glasses on - though I did kind of expect that to be honest.
That effect can make it difficult to see a lot of detail in really dark environments and scenes sometimes (such as in the Batcave)
Also the glasses started to hurt my eyes slightly after a good few hours of playing!

Overall I'd say the 3D is a cool element to the game. I'm not too sure I'd want to play the whole game again in 3D though but at least you have the option of with or without 3D anyway!

i picked up the 1st AA few weeks ago when Live had it for $12. incredible game! just wish i coulda ran the Physx all the way thru. lagged too much.

now i kinda wish i'd waited for this GOTY edition. didn't know the console versions had 3D. oh well, just glad i finally got it. finished it last nite. awesome

It is definitely a great feature :D I'd recommend to anyone who doesn't already own the game to buy this version, especially since you have the option to play in 3D or normal gameplay plus all the extra predator challenges too!

I hate when video games are re-released with more features and there by punishing those that bought it from the get-go and to rewarding those that didn't. :(

Back