Batman '66-Return of the Caped Crusaders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you, Captain Clown. This was the best Batman movie of the year. It was hilarious, it was entertaining as hell, and it was surprisingly thoughtful in the way it examined the evolution of Batman from caped crusader to dark knight and just how we perceive the character. Burt Ward's Robin was on point. West and Newmar both sounded their ages, but, honestly? I thought it was part of the charm. West's delivery killed me because the material they were working with was already fantastic. All in all, I cannot wait for Batman vs. Two-Face.

You know what? **** it. I'd take one of these per year over those ****ty New 52 movies.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I loved the nods to Batman's history throughout the film, especially
Spoiler Spoiler:

I can't wait for this to come out on Bluray so I can watch it again. :impatient:

I laughed my ass off at...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was hoping it would before, but I'm kind of desperate for this movie to get one of those Target Steelbook releases.

Glad to hear the good reviews on this film. I'll be picking up the Blu-ray in November I cannot wait!

I laughed my ass off at...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was hoping it would before, but I'm kind of desperate for this movie to get one of those Target Steelbook releases.

Likewise. :lol
Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw this yesterday and I too thought it was excellent. It hit all the right notes in the right places, with some great jokes - and a number of the best jokes informed the story and the characters well in themselves, and led to payoffs of their own later on. Very well written!

Spoiler Spoiler:

How's the Penguin, Joker, and Riddler? Do they sound like the original actors?

They do for the most part. I wasn't 100% sold on Penguin I don't think, but that might be just as much to do with the fact that he doesn't smoke at all in the entire film, not once. Which is bizarre, because I can't remember a time when Meredith wasn't smoking in the show and the '66 movie. :lol

Back