Batman '66: FINALLY COMING TO HOME VIDEO (legitimately)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my set a couple of days ago and so far what a pure win! Watched a few episodes back in the day along with the movie but now it's a totally different experience. What a brilliant show.

Welcome to the club. :lol

Yes. I'm shocked more people aren't talking about this since the blu-ray has been released. This show is so damn fun and has changed how I view what I now realize to be homages to this show in all the live-action film universes since. Even Ledger's Joker is just one degree of separation from Cesar Romero with the clown mask that he wears in his first appearance.

This show just is just bursting with charisma. Romero, Meredith, Newmar, Gorshin. And then West's hilarious deadpan and Ward's "gee whiz" earnestness.

And my kids love watching it with me. There really is something for all ages. My 8 year old daughter likes how glamorous all the ladies are (while I just think they're hot, :lol) while my four year old son just loves the hell out of the car. It's hard for me not to think of every element of this show as being definitive for the characters. Romero's energy and antics are just insane (no pun intended.) All the villains just ham it up in ways that never cross "the line," especially with West as this rock solid straight man counterpoint that never becomes a self-aware parody of himself (like we saw with Kilmer and Clooney.) Somehow the utterly insane cocktail of ingredients for this show just works, I mean WORKS. It's fantastic. I love it and I can't get enough of it. I'm going to watch the hell out of this entire series.

Yes. I'm shocked more people aren't talking about this since the blu-ray has been released. This show is so damn fun and has changed how I view what I now realize to be homages to this show in all the live-action film universes since. Even Ledger's Joker is just one degree of separation from Cesar Romero with the clown mask that he wears in his first appearance.

This show just is just bursting with charisma. Romero, Meredith, Newmar, Gorshin. And then West's hilarious deadpan and Ward's "gee whiz" earnestness.

And my kids love watching it with me. There really is something for all ages. My 8 year old daughter likes how glamorous all the ladies are (while I just think they're hot, :lol) while my four year old son just loves the hell out of the car. It's hard for me not to think of every element of this show as being definitive for the characters. Romero's energy and antics are just insane (no pun intended.) All the villains just ham it up in ways that never cross "the line," especially with West as this rock solid straight man counterpoint that never becomes a self-aware parody of himself (like we saw with Kilmer and Clooney.) Somehow the utterly insane cocktail of ingredients for this show just works, I mean WORKS. It's fantastic. I love it and I can't get enough of it. I'm going to watch the hell out of this entire series.
Glad you're enjoying it! You know, as far as completely faithful comic book adaptations go - this show wrote the book. It's got faithful in bucket loads. Not only that though, it was excellent TV, & perfectly timed with it's arrival in the middle of a decade that was made for it. It's a true pop culture benchmark, & I think a lot of folks are slowly realizing that now, so it's great to read the general positivity the fan community has for the series.

It's as you say, got something for everyone. :)

This Fan Made film is SUPER adorable, the costumes, music, editing and sets are PERFECT! Anyone a fan of the 1966 TV Series should find this a fun watch! The kid playing Batman nails it!

Glad you're enjoying it!

Thanks. I'm amazed that I'm enjoying this series as much as I am without the benefit of entrenched nostalgia. I do remember watching a few episodes in the late 70's and thinking it was cool but it was broadcast so rarely after that that when I did catch it from the 80's and later it just seemed so silly and lame. But this is a case of me clearly not "getting it" for the age and mindset I was in when watching those many years back.

I find it fascinating that as I'm going through these episodes I have yet to see a villain with an "origin." We don't see anyone before they were a costumed lunatic, no backstory, everyone from the Joker to Riddler to Catwoman is just introduced as a longtime adversary of Batman. SO different than how superhero movies/TV shows are done today. With the possible exception of the Red Skull in CA:TFA I can't even think of a hero or villain introduced in modern times that doesn't go through an in depth "origin story" first.

That makes it so easy to just jump right into any episode of Batman, from the pilot episode to anything beyond. You've got a crime, commissioner calls Batman, Batman and Robin get captured, hijinks ensue. Good stuff. :D

I wanted this for so long and when I had a bit of extra cash I went out and bought the DVd box set. The bluray swag was nice, but the box would never fit on my DVD shelf. After watching it though my wife convinced me to get the bluray version. Next day I went back to best buy and exchanged it for the bluray limited edition version. Glad I did, this thing looks awesome! the only thing that puzzles me is that the DVD version was full screen, but the bluray was TV screened. Meaning it was show in a box on my 50 inch like it was a regular tv show. Odd, but still a keeper!

The aspect ratio of the show was 4:3 so that's how it should display on both DVD and blu-ray. Of course I never bothered with the DVD version so I don't know what would have been going on there.

One other interesting aspect of the show that surprised me is that it does feature people dying from time to time. Like Mr. Freeze freezing the one bodyguard who then fell off camera and shattered. I don't even think Arnold actually killed anyone. The picture quality is some of the best I've seen on blu-ray and definitely the best for any TV show. That's awesome that Fox/WB went all out for a show almost 50 years old.

Saw this at best buy and forgot it was out,
38861eb2d7183b7949d37368858b454c.jpg

but screw ultraviolet, no hd on iOS flixster? One more reason to hate it

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

This Fan Made film is SUPER adorable, the costumes, music, editing and sets are PERFECT! Anyone a fan of the 1966 TV Series should find this a fun watch! The kid playing Batman nails it!

This is just amazing! So cute!

I finally got my hands on the set Sunday (best $150.00 I ever spent). The PQ is beautiful, and it's just amazing, and somewhat surreal, to know that I own a physical, and legitimate, copy of the show. At any rate, I'm sure some of you know that there was some missing content on the set (villain tags, and Dozier narration on "Hi Diddle Riddle"). WB will be issuing free replacement discs in January, and, if you want to get one, sign up here:

Media Replacement Program

It's ridiculously easy to do, and all it requires is your name, address, phone #, and email, along with the UPC code on your DVD and/or Blu-Ray, and, in the case of the Blu-Ray, your limited edition number (#5,271/95,00, here! :yess:). Some people were having issues with entering the correct UPC, so, for anyone who wants a replacement, here's the UPC to enter:

^ I see..

.. so will there be missing content do you think, for future stock that gets to stores next year?

I'm probably either going to get the set online via a local Aussie DVD website, or a local dept store chain that has the lay-buy option.

I think they said that you'll need to see about replacement discs for upcoming stock, as well. There are some villain tags missing, as I said, and the Dozier narration for the "Gotham World's Fair" in "Hi Diddle Riddle." It's not a difficult process, at all, though.

At the end of the episode, they'd have their little preview of "next week's villain," and some of those were missing on the set.

Amazing set- transfer on Blu Ray is stunning.
The show is terrific- age has not dulled it's brilliance

Back