Batman '66: FINALLY COMING TO HOME VIDEO (legitimately)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll wait for the 2015 clearance. What's another year after this long of a wait?

The back cover art:

91UH41OwcfL._SL1500_.jpg

New trailer:

Wait a minute, this is going to be downloadable too? who has space for all of those episodes on their tablet or phone to walk around with?

If you're referring to the digital copy, Ultraviolet's cloud based. You can choose download them to your device, if you want, but the default option is that you stream them through your account, a lá Netflix.

I happened to stumble upon this video, while looking for some footage of the DC Collectibles stuff at New York Comic-Con, and it features a pretty good look at the actual box set. He doesn't go in depth or anything, but it's a reality! I can't wait for the 11th!

They were firing questions at him like arrows. :lol

What a legend though, huh? I bet he's seasoned enough (despite his age) to handle the pace just with all the Cons under his belt, let alone everything else that he's done.

That set - can't wait. :cool:

Well, then, like I said, go for the Blu-Ray. You can stream the episodes through Ultraviolet on your iMac, and watch the Blu-Rays in your living room. :D

I seriously cannot wait. I fully intend to have a shrine to this show come December. Mondo Batman poster as the backdrop, with a signed copy of the show and two signed Hot Toys figures at the forefront.:lol Mr. West and Mr. Ward are going to be at a Comic book convention in Pittsburgh in December, and I'm stoked. I just hope having them sign stuff doesn't break the bank, as I also hope to get a picture.

I seriously cannot wait. I fully intend to have a shrine to this show come December. Mondo Batman poster as the backdrop, with a signed copy of the show and two signed Hot Toys figures at the forefront.:lol Mr. West and Mr. Ward are going to be at a Comic book convention in Pittsburgh in December, and I'm stoked. I just hope having them sign stuff doesn't break the bank, as I also hope to get a picture.

The most recent time I met Burt and Adam at a signing, they didn't allow any photo's. Signs were up saying no pictures allowed. I had to start walking away with my phone camera on and pretend I was making a call just to get a shot of the two of them. Even from a distance, security came up to me and told me to stop.

Well, at the Pittsburgh Con, I guess you can buy an 8x12, or, for a certain price, you can get your own photo with them. Personally, if I do have the HT figures by then, I thought it'd be cool to get one or two of them with the figures to maybe send to Hot Toys.

Because of all the hype of this new blu-ray set I DVR'd a few episodes of Batman off of IFC. I watched it a little bit as a kid but as a child of the 70's who really didn't care for 60's genre television like Star Trek I never really got into it. The Incredible Hulk was my show and Batman just seemed so...lame in comparison.

But anyway I watched a few episodes again finally as a 40 year old adult and...Holy New Perspective I love this show now. It's like the freaking Naked Gun with all of its deadpan deliveries of utter absurdity. There is humor in there that is pure gold for an adult. It's so absurd, so campy, but completely brilliant. A little bit also like Looney Tunes with the humor and references that few kids will pick up. Sure it's got a lot of cheesy 1960's era silliness, but I immediately "get" what Schumacher was going for and utterly failed to achieve. I knew that he was really trying to channel some aspects of the show, and thought he was a moron for doing so back in the 90's, but now I see that if he had actually *succeeded* it would have been hella entertaining.

And I'm amazed at what that show accomplished without today's dramatic lighting, moody angst, sculpted suits over pumped up actors. In such a ridiculous setting with a far from superheroic physique and silly ass tights Adam West somehow was cooler than all other Batmans that followed. And I'd seen some jaw dropping bikini shots of Julie Newmar back in the day but seeing her in action as Catwoman just cements her as the sexiest woman to wear the costume. Her whole look and vibe, on the one hand weird and over the top in a Naked Gun kind of way, but still so daaaaaaaamn. I'm watching the silliness and I can't help but think "reform her Batman, she wants you, take her dude!" :lol

The dutch angles, weird colored lighting, I absolutely see all of Schumacher's inspiration but he just couldn't capture the magic. I'm so into this "universe" now, and want to see all the different villains. Just a few minutes ago I ordered the complete set off of Amazon.

I can't get enough of West's delivery. I watched the episode where the Sandman stole the Batmobile and Batman comes into the Batcave and tells Alfred, "I took a bus and then batwalked the rest of the way up the hill." Just totally straight faced. "Batwalked" to just describe himself walking. I seriously laugh *out loud* like three or four times an episode. I love this show now.

The colors were pretty washed out on IFC. I can't wait to see what it looks like on blu-ray.

Last edited:
Back