1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told i'd get mine today with my UK supplier but i doubted it anyway. It's hard to get a proper date from any supplier as it seems to be out of their hands as to when they are shipped over to them from abroad.

we sit and wait like good little boys and girls and not call them out on it, if they state a date and keep changing then that's bad customer service and we should make our voices heard

The wait for my Hulks and Batmobile is starting to feel like torture now as it's dragged on so long lol. I know other figs have taken as long if not longer but 1 is bloody expensive and the others a grail fig.

I was thinking of ordering my Batmobile from a UK retailer but after listening to a few stories on this thread, i'm starting to reconsider :(

I am not good with painting at all, i think there seems to have two shades of color, I am not very sure, but if I were to get a spare, I dun mind just unscrewing these big thing n just replace it

I've disassembled my Batmobile as completely as I easily could with a screwdriver because I wanted to add more legroom inside the canopy, and I tried, but I could not find a way to remove the wheels that would not damage them. I suspect, that like the Tumbler (which I have removed the wheels from for painting) the large axle screws are underneath the hubcaps, which are then glued on top of them. On the Tumbler, you can just pop off the caps by gently prying all around with a flat head screwdriver, and because of the flat and angular design of the caps, any ding wouldn't be noticeable. On the 89 Batmobile however, everything in the hubcap design is round and smooth. They're glued in (or screwed in--not sure) pretty tightly. I'm sure with enough elbow grease and sweat they could be removed, but not without seriously marring the wheel.

Hi,

I regretfully installed the stupid rod for the canopy. How can one safely remove it?

Thanks

Don't worry, it's not that hard. Remove the canopy completely like you normally would if it didn't have the rod in it. Don't worry about breaking or bending the rod. The rod "catch" on the main car body is articulated, so as long as you don't get to crazy with it, you can remove it from the car when you remove the canopy with no problem. Once the canopy is completely off, detaching the rod from it is a little trickier since it is clamped into the pegs there pretty tight. Just rotate it and gently bend the rod to loosen it. If you still can't do it, the old hot water trick or a blow-dryer should soften the plastic up enough to make it easy.

I'm in the same boat as you Wanderer! I cancelled my order with Sideshow because of the import tax from the US and ordered through a UK site, in a way I'm regretting it now.

This is my first purchase from one of the established UK sellers and it hasn't been a great experience so far. The long wait and lack of information is bad enough but trying to get a response out of them for some basic things is ridiculous! I've emailed three times and I've had nothing back, I had to ask questions on their facebook page before I got a response. Even then the response was "It'll be here by the end of the month". Considering they've been posting messages on their page saying it'll be here in two weeks over three weeks ago.

I can't see me using them again any time soon. I'm just hoping it turns up without any scratches or damage and then it'll be worth it.

Its the same for me, as I stated before I got an Email on the 15/9/13 to say they arrive in 2 weeks now im being told the end of the month so where have they got to?

I was told i'd get mine today with my UK supplier but i doubted it anyway. It's hard to get a proper date from any supplier as it seems to be out of their hands as to when they are shipped over to them from abroad.

we sit and wait like good little boys and girls and not call them out on it, if they state a date and keep changing then that's bad customer service and we should make our voices heard

The wait for my Hulks and Batmobile is starting to feel like torture now as it's dragged on so long lol. I know other figs have taken as long if not longer but 1 is bloody expensive and the others a grail fig.

I was thinking of ordering my Batmobile from a UK retailer but after listening to a few stories on this thread, i'm starting to reconsider :(

It's a nightmare lads. Especially as this piece has been on general release for the past 2 months :gah:
As for still waiting for the Hulk Cbob... That is scandalous.
I think the retailers didn't grasp how big these batmobiles would be and now they're ****ting bricks working out the logistics of shipping them over.
If I get charged extra to cover their costs I will be fuming.......

finally got mine :)

KcMSrAl.jpg

Sooo much for the shield being a dust shield, I haven't touched the batmobile in a few weeks and I checked it yesterday and the actual batmobile is covered in dust just as the outside... FML.

Don't worry, it's not that hard. Remove the canopy completely like you normally would if it didn't have the rod in it. Don't worry about breaking or bending the rod. The rod "catch" on the main car body is articulated, so as long as you don't get to crazy with it, you can remove it from the car when you remove the canopy with no problem. Once the canopy is completely off, detaching the rod from it is a little trickier since it is clamped into the pegs there pretty tight. Just rotate it and gently bend the rod to loosen it. If you still can't do it, the old hot water trick or a blow-dryer should soften the plastic up enough to make it easy.

Thanks for the tip. Managed to remove it somehow. Not even sure what I did!

Sooo much for the shield being a dust shield, I haven't touched the batmobile in a few weeks and I checked it yesterday and the actual batmobile is covered in dust just as the outside... FML.

I use my shield also as dust cover...wont be until December that i recieve my case cover for my display. I noticed, surprisingly, that there was dust on my Batmobile after removing the cover but nothing i would call excessive. Definately more on the shield cover that the car...

Back