1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pics, man. Congrats on getting a good one. I'm only hoping mine shows up in similar condition tomorrow.

Hmmm I don't know if this good or bad news for HT, if people keep complaining, HT will probably get discouraged from ever making more vehicles just from the loss of defective item returns. I hope mine is not like that, on the other hand I am stuck with HT ****ty delivery service in HK, going to the store is a three hour wait to pick it up, and I can't pick it up since it's a delivery, so they say I won't get mine until mid-August and once they confirm a delivery it can take up two 14 days...

I haven't viewed this discussion in a week or so and I fully expected it to still be as positive and temptation-building as it was then. People are obviously disappointed.

I still have an option to place an order, but I'm honestly not sure whether that's a stupid decision at this point. Can anyone offer an opinion? Have there been enough reported defects to suggest that there is a significant risk in making a purchase?

Hmmm I don't know if this good or bad news for HT, if people keep complaining, HT will probably get discouraged from ever making more vehicles just from the loss of defective item returns. I hope mine is not like that, on the other hand I am stuck with HT ****ty delivery service in HK, going to the store is a three hour wait to pick it up, and I can't pick it up since it's a delivery, so they say I won't get mine until mid-August and once they confirm a delivery it can take up two 14 days...

Oh pls... Dont worry abt their loss. They make enough money, more than enough. They took full money and it should be defect free. If its not its their problem.

Guys, really wish their were more pics on this thread of this amazing Batmobile!! Would love to see how you've got all yours displayed...:rock

Quick pics of mine to bring some love back to the thread :) My display is also a work in progress whilst i wait for my custom base to be completed!

apazejeg.jpg

aheda9ej.jpg

ytuje7e2.jpg

etamyhuj.jpg

Last edited:
Roberto, Subzro my dear lawd those are monster displays! Museum worthy. Thanks for lifting the batscratch fever even if only for a little while.

Hmmm I don't know if this good or bad news for HT, if people keep complaining, HT will probably get discouraged from ever making more vehicles just from the loss of defective item returns.

I wouldn't think so. Hot Toys has only themselves to blame for lost money/profits... so one would think they would look at this whole fiasco and learn from it. And by that I mean better QC next time around. If that means jacking up said price of a large ticket item by $20 to get some extra handling and a "inspected by" sticker on the box, so be it.

I had a feeling looking at all these pics in this thread that the damage was not caused by the foam but rather that these parts were scuffed/scratched prior to shipping. I've removed the foam completely from my Batmobile's packing and done several "swipe tests" on other materials. I can't seem to get it to rough up any laminates, plastics, or even some colored acrylics that I have to the extent we've seen in these photos.

Anyway, we still love Hot Toys, it's a great product... But they botched some of them, plain and simple. What sucks is that they didn't manufacture extra or aren't prepared to do so at this point. My suggestion really, if I am going to make one, is for everyone who had a damaged car to send it back with a refund request and a strong letter of recommendation telling HT to make things right. For starters they can get crackin' on the Batman Returns stuff (along with the V2 Batmobile whilst addressing the QC concerns). It means more waiting sure, but at least there's an outcome that equals physical product rather than just this heavy disappointment from so many.

Back