1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,got my Fed Ex shipping shock this morning-£104.00!!!

But this is fast becoming my favourite Hot Toy item and Id recommend it to anyone with a interest in 1989 Batman.

For those who have recieved a slightly scuffed Batmobile and will be sending theirs back for another one, risk getting another which is possibly worse than the one they already recieved...:banghead

I going to send my back. My is pretty bad. Can't get any worse.

Well,got my Fed Ex shipping shock this morning-£104.00!!!

But this is fast becoming my favourite Hot Toy item and Id recommend it to anyone with a interest in 1989 Batman.

Is that the Fedex import charge? I've got a letter from Fedex waiting for me at home...wonder if that is it? To be honest, i was expecting it to be higher!!! :slap

Ugh, sorry Hologram AI. I was really hoping those of us ordering from Alter Ego would get a good batch.

Me too. Mine will be here today and I'm basically just expecting it to be damaged. If I luck out and get a good one it will be a pleasant surprise.

What a shame because it's such a beautiful car. :(

Couldn't help but take some quick pictures before I don't have it in my possession anymore. :monkey2

9407087909_3c0f739c63_c.jpg

9409806822_daa05e9830_c.jpg

9409810920_093c49ccde_c.jpg

9409810592_69574b41cf_c.jpg

9407046353_5c14646f14_c.jpg

9409804162_5bfede9de5_c.jpg

9409808746_cdc7bfa722_c.jpg

9407047333_e644832b8c_c.jpg

Can anyone take pictures of the whole car where the scratches and scuffs are there. All we've seen so far are closeups of the scratches and scuffs.

I'd like to know what the overall view of the car is like with the marks. The idea being to see if I could possibly tolerate the seemingly inevitable rather than going through the hassle of returning such a massive item.

secret compass cancelled my order because Im not a pleasant guy to deal with, I had a go at them for mixing up my Bowen X force statue with x men warpath, i asked them if they would refund the shipping back charges and I got frustrated at them for not providing a answer and ranted at them, , they cancelled my pre order for Bowen Ms marvel statue as well, which i think is sold out everywhere
now to hunt for a batmbile , sigh and to be honest, i was going through the thread and i think I would have settled for some of the scratched ones at least , lol. Im not really that picky
I had ordered my Tumbler from Secret Compass and had a broken wiper and another handle on the side broken as well, all I got was a 75$ refund when I was expecting something around 120-130$

Can anyone take pictures of the whole car where the scratches and scuffs are there. All we've seen so far are closeups of the scratches and scuffs.

I'd like to know what the overall view of the car is like with the marks. The idea being to see if I could possibly tolerate the seemingly inevitable rather than going through the hassle of returning such a massive item.
Depends on the distance and lighting you have when displaying this.

Here's a picture I took. It's the distance I had to be in inorder to see the scuffs. If I took a step or two back I wouldn't be able to see it but again, this all depends on the lighting.

If you have a display for this with direct lighting on it, you'll obviously see the scuff from a further distance. My Batmobile is under natural lighting.

9407203185_a17911c871_b.jpg

Joshed replied with:

"We'll forward the image to Sideshow and see what the options are. We'll let you know as soon as we get a response (it typically takes 7-10 business days), the response will come from [email protected] as he handles damages and returns. Was this the only defect or are there more? I just want to be sure Sideshow properly understands the issues arising."

Guess I won't be hearing from them for a while..:impatient::sleep

Here's a picture I took. It's the distance I had to be in inorder to see the scuffs. If I took a step or two back I wouldn't be able to see it but again, this all depends on the lighting.

If you have a display for this with direct lighting on it, you'll obviously see the scuff from a further distance. My Batmobile is under natural lighting.

Thanks for that. Hmm, I see it but I suppose I could tolerate it. I'm sure my Tumbler has similar marks here and there.

Not to dismiss anyone's anger and frustration over this, I just don't think I could go through with returning mine if and when it arrives with marks. They will have to be many and really really bad for me to do that. However I might ask for a partial refund to ease the undeniable annoyance that such an expensive item doesn't arrive mint. Hopefully the message will get through to HT from the angry distributors and retailers who've had to deal with this problem.

Won't have mine until after work today; I could probably live with those blemishes if they put $80 back in my pocket. Again, really seems like something that could be touched up with the right material.

However I might ask for a partial refund to ease the undeniable annoyance that such an expensive item doesn't arrive mint.
Not to mention the piece itself would already have less value than what you paid for it due to the scuffs; should a person ever want to sell it, they'd likely have to take at least a $100 hit compared to a pristine one.

so i got mine, and people are correct, you will not understand how big this is until you see it.

mine was scratch free but not defect free.

have some odd coloring on the hatch not sure if its all that visible out of direct light.

one of the windows has a strange half moon shaped discoloration.

overall, i would not consider it perfect by any stretch.

there is also a slight scuff on the side, but not a scratch like AI had.

so i got mine, and people are correct, you will not understand how big this is until you see it.

mine was scratch free but not defect free.

have some odd coloring on the hatch not sure if its all that visible out of direct light.

one of the windows has a strange half moon shaped discoloration.

overall, i would not consider it perfect by any stretch.

there is also a slight scuff on the side, but not a scratch like AI had.
If both your defects are just on the canopy maybe they can send you a replacement canopy since that piece is removable?

For those returning it, are you going through the process of screwing it back down or just throw it in the box and call it a day. I'm hoping people just throw it in there, so there's a chance more damage can happen so SS can't resell them.

If Sideshow isn't willing to inspect these prior to shipping, and aren't willing to guarantee defect-free replacements, then what I'd love to see them do is test for a touch-up solution they can provide to their customers. I don't care if they have to get nail polish-sized bottles of Batmobile paint from Hot Toys to provide us each with - something should be done. And Sideshow's going to have enough returned stock that they can trial and error different things. Sharpie marker? Shoe shine? Matte black modeling paint? I've got to believe there's some touch-up that could be done to make these scuffs invisible under all but the most scrutinous of lighting, right?

9406716077_8c1c75cea1_c.jpg

You want to be the guinea pig and touch up your Batmobile with model paint or a sharpie and let us all know how it works? Be my guest.

Won't have mine until after work today; I could probably live with those blemishes if they put $80 back in my pocket. Again, really seems like something that could be touched up with the right material.

Not to mention the piece itself would already have less value than what you paid for it due to the scuffs; should a person ever want to sell it, they'd likely have to take at least a $100 hit compared to a pristine one.

Sure, if one tries to sell it right away. After a while, once it sells out everywhere...AND provided the current owner sells it before HT re-releases it (and that's if they even re-release it once it sells out)...then I expect even the scuffed ones will sell for more on the secondary market than full price paid at retail.

Back