1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the thing about buying stuff off ebay is that you take a chance that the item coming to you damaged. Thats what happened to me once then I never use ebay anymore.

Well I'd say not unless the ebay seller would open and inspect the Batmobile before send it to you. :)

I bought the Batmobile from a chinese ebay seller. Despite that he has send it by ship because of the extremely high air shipping costs - just imagine that it will take about 2 to 3 months to deliver! :D - he inspected the Batmobile about scuffs and damages. Also he put the car alone well protected with foam in one box and in another box is the original box with the protective shield. Well I guees this is fine for me since I don't mind waiting for it and sure I don't mind at all about the HT tape.

I actually just got my credit card bill this afternoon, with the Batmobile charge from a few weeks back. :yess:

I've never had this happen where, while I'm in the midst of negotiating a return/exchange or refund, I've already paid for the item in full. Usually I haven't got the bill yet and it gets worked out before I ever have to worry about it being on the bill. :horror

BBTS flyer/invoice was INSIDE the brown shipper box. The brown shipper box was taped up with HT logo tape. I think mine was a return from someone and they shipped back out to me. Thats what im guessing. The canopy looks like it been open?? :dunno

attachment.php

The clear tape on mine was like that as well when I opened it. I don't think yours was a return... I think it would've been way too soon for that as people are just now getting these things.

Hi all!

Still waiting on mine from BBTS and am terrified of what I'm going to find when they do finally ship it.

Are the QC issues we're seeing here as prevalent overseas (from distributors other than sideshow)? I hadn't heard either way.

I never wanted to buy this, but for different reasons. More than anyone i am hurt that you people have been waiting so passionately and this is turing out the way it is. More than that i am amazed and now a bit worried (not accusing) but may be somefolks on this forum are driven by sideshow extended ecosystem. Here is how this process will play out unless all of you keep pushing sideshow:

1) they will say they cannot gurantee perfect pieces
2) they will offer the cash back or partial refund which is already accounted for in the margin and hence the steep cost - no loss to hottoys and ss
3) you will see some sideshow's so called advocates for a lack of better word for it - who will give justification that this is big, heavy, defects happen, etc etc.
4) if it was one odd breakage / scratch i wld myself advise the person to take a cash back and settle it out but these are too many issues to call it qc issue.
5) you will soon see - experts will come in who will come up with an easy fix.
6) sideshow will maintain the steep price on their website and soon include a disclaimer to buy at your own risk.
7) not many will buy from them and you will see some advocates start posting that other resellers have fresh stock. Which in reality will be the sideshow stock thrown on to resellers.
8) the resellers will sell at slightly lower rate so many will flock their websites and accept these defects as the cost will be lower and by then it will reach a take it or leave it scenario.
9) finally sideshow will post as sold out. And now the remaining laggards will also buy from the resellers just so that they dont miss out, even if this will be defective.

Same thing happens when a product somes out. You will see so many posts which are, i am buying 2,3 etc.... And the heard mentality follows it cause they plant it that way. Obviously i am not accusing anyone in specific but i have seen too many fake reviews on several online forums. If you remember there were a bunch of people who was doing this on amazon... Getting paid and creating demand. Sucks but anything can happen in todays world.

Once again i am not accusing sideshow but i have seen exactly the same thing in samurai pred where finally an ardent fighter like me advised a person to accept a broken peg cause there was no way he was going to get anyhting more than a 40 bucks.

Long answer short, hope this is regulated by some consumer forums / legal association cause this is not how they should behave in todays world, these are collectibles and very expensive ones. They have to be defect free, mint, need no fix, no paint, no repair... No matter what anyone says. It is an obscenely expensive item to go through what you all are going through.

Hope side show proves me wrong and steps up and helps all of you to get a replacement or fix it themselves. After samurai pred experience i decided i wont buy anything more than 350 usd from them as thts were i draw my line and hence this car was never bought. Hope many follow this path unless sideshow and HT changes.

Bloody Fed Ex. Yesterday the tracking showed it would be here today and now it's saying tomorrow so I've got another day of wondering what I'm going to find when I open that box. :mad:

Yeah getting mad at the seller isn't going to fix it nor is disputing it with ebay or paypal. Really if the seller sells a new in box not opened but sealed item who's responsibility is it to fix any issues with an item that was sealed? Especially something like this? I mean when I sold a bunch of star wars busts some of them were sealed. I never opened them. When one of them was opened by the buyer there was damage done to one of the parts which you couldn't see in the window. Well the item was long sold out so really what could I have done? Luckily gentle giant was able to take care of the person who bought it from me, but what if they wouldn't? Would that be my fault even though it was sealed?

That is the risk you take when you sell on ebay, if you can't, don't sell. I'm currently going through the same bullocks on ebay. Bought a airplane model that came defective from the factory. The manufacturer told me to return it to the seller and they will deal with the distributor. Seller wouldn't take it back because it was opened, ebay sided with them, and now I have to dispute it with my credit card.

At least Sideshow is willing to take the Batmobile back with paid return shipping for for HT's F'up.

Carlos from OSR just picked up 8 of these..

Imagine if one of those falls off on the ride back home.

1077689_277566065714691_353952615_o.jpg

okay guys here the update from BBTS.

"Good Afternoon MegaColor,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile, and I apologize that it arrived in such condition. At this time we have already contacted Sideshow regarding this matter, as complications and other issues such as this are becoming more consistent. We anticipate further action from Sideshow however we are still awaiting a resolution to be provided due to the high cost of this product. I will be sure to follow up with you as soon as we receive a notice with the appropriate course of action to be taken.

Once again we truly apologize for this issue and certainly understand your frustrations.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding and I look forward to contacting you soon."

Back