1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That part sucks if you don't have the means to buy your own replacement while you wait for reimbursement from the refund, yes. But the alternative is SS sending you a second Batmobile as a replacement, no questions asked, that may or may not be damaged even worse than the first one you got.

Wife just notified me that mine has arrived, i'm at my office 1 mile away but I can't get home right now.

Have her save you the trouble and send it back. Flag down the delivery guy there all damaged :panic::panic::lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl

I'm going to ask if I can destroy it when I receive my email. Wouldn't that save them the hassle of the pre-paid postage?

If not, I'll just send it back to them, get my refund and call it a day. Atleast they're willing to do that. No loss there.

My worry is them taking the one I return and giving it to someone else and the process repeating itself. On the same token, I wouldn't want to return it, get my money back, buy another and receive one of their returns.

Then why say they have no replacements available? :huh

It's like Schrodinger's Cat (Bat). It's a HT sealed box, the contents of which may or may not be damaged.

All that they have in inventory are sealed..FOR SALE Batmobiles. There is no "replacement" Batmobile inventory.

They can't break the seal to verify the condition, only the person who already bought and paid for the item can do that. Once they break the seal, it's basically unsellable. Every time they break the seal to check SS is taking a $700 risk.

I wonder if SS requires HT to reimburse them for the return shipping costs, I bet they do since the damage came from the HT packaging.
That's the thing - Sideshow needs to do right by their customers and then take it up with Hot toys, whose inexperience shipping large heavy items is obviously the culprit here. Hot Toys needs to reimburse Sideshow - or provide Sideshow with replacement units at no cost.

Oh, and DarkMagic, Sideshow has sent customers used, unsealed figures before.

I bought a second Reeve Superman (this time a regular) from them years ago and it was clearly a return. The suit was all messed up, it was missing instructions, had defects on the forehead and . . . the shipper was the exclusive mailer box with brown tape to hide the fact that it wasn't an exclusive. They ran out of the sealed regular shippers so opted for a half assed ex. Box to throw it in.

Was gonna pull the trigger and order this tonight, but all the damage is making me hesitant. Does anyone think I can contact Sideshow and have them inspect my order before they send it out?

It's like Schrodinger's Cat (Bat). It's a HT sealed box, the contents of which may or may not be damaged.

All that they have in inventory are sealed..FOR SALE Batmobiles. There is no "replacement" Batmobile inventory.

They can't break the seal to verify the condition, only the person who already bought and paid for the item can do that. Once they break the seal, it's basically unsellable. Every time they break the seal to check SS is taking a $700 risk.

So... why not ship another sealed one out? That's what any seller would do.

Oh, and DarkMagic, Sideshow has sent customers used, unsealed figures before.

I bought a second Reeve Superman (this time a regular) from them years ago and it was clearly a return. The suit was all messed up, it was missing instructions, had defects on the forehead and . . . the shipper was the exclusive mailer box with brown tape to hide the fact that it wasn't an exclusive. They ran out of the sealed regular shippers so opted for a half assed ex. Box to throw it in.

Interesting. I bet if the shipping for this was similar to the shipping for a figure, they'd consider that option in this case too.

I've got a Reeve exclusive Superman. There was no "Hot Toys, DO NOT ACCEPT IF THIS SEAL IS BROKEN" tape on mine though. Didn't they start that with Gordon?

Everyone should be lucky SS is willing to take these back with a prepaid postage. They are under no obligation to pay for the return shipping if you initiate a dispute/chargeback with your credit card (guess who learned this the hard way).

Again, the real issue is on Hot Toys for not packing and shipping these out properly, free of defects.

As for SS unwilling to ship a replacement, that's their choice. You can also choose to not do business with them.

**** I would send it right back. I'm getting mine through BBTS. So if its f up. I'm going to return it. I'm not keeping anything that's damaged.

Back