1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The beef is not the full refund its the low ball $70 credit or $80 partial refund. And if your paying $700 that just doesn't cut it. If its messed up I want a replacement?

...AND the third choice is a full refund! What's the problem? You can use that refund to buy a replacement. Or did you want SS to basically give out a free second Batmobile to people with problems, no return necessary?

:exactly::lecture This. Is. B.S. I want a replacement not a credit or a full refund. Once I ship it back and have to buy it from another seller who got THEIRS directly from Sideshow then what is the friggin point?

Gutted.

That part sucks if you don't have the means to buy your own replacement while you wait for reimbursement from the refund, yes. But the alternative is SS sending you a second Batmobile as a replacement, no questions asked, that may or may not be damaged even worse than the first one you got.

That part sucks if you don't have the means to buy your own replacement while you wait for reimbursement from the refund, yes. But the alternative is SS sending you a second Batmobile as a replacement, no questions asked, that may or may not be damaged even worse than the first one you got.

And if I buy it from some other seller who gets theirs from Sideshow sent to them and THEN they ship it to you again that's even greater chances of damages incurred during shipping each time.

Well, at least SS is paying for return shipping, which is the right thing to do for the customer.

I wonder if SS requires HT to reimburse them for the return shipping costs, I bet they do since the damage came from the HT packaging.

I'm ok with sending the original back if I'm getting a replacement. nd as far as getting a second one as damaged as the first, well that's where you have to start checking them before you ship them i would think most of us would be ok with them checking prior to shipping if it ensures us a good one. We all need to remember this is a small sample maybe they all aren't scuffed? But to the people that have them and are damaged they deserve replacements. This is something that sideshow needs to contact hot toys about. And I really wish hot toys put an edition number on the boxes. How limited is this run?

You're missing the point with what people are wanting.

SSC offers 3 options right now:

1) $80 credit toward another future order

2) $70 refund to your credit card

3) Full Refund (With no confirmation as of yet if they're paying for the return shipping)

Usually when there is a defect of any kind on a figure, they allow you to return the figure, free of charge and they would then send you a replacement. In this case, they aren't offering that option. It's either you get a very minor refund and suck up the damage on the $700 item or you return it. That's what people are being upset about.

NOT because we aren't getting a second Batmobile for free.

No, I get it. But I also realize this is not just like every other figure that might be damaged. The logistics of shipping this beast back and forth are very different. It's not pleasant, but it's also clearly not the same situation.

Returned damaged figures can easily be returned to HT or parted out to replace other damaged parts that might come back. A damaged Batmobile is basically a one shot deal. Unless the damage is on just the canopy the HUGE thing has to be completely swapped out, again, with another whole HUGE thing, that may or may not have even worse issues. SS can't guarantee the quality of the replacement unless they overstep their role as distributor, and start breaking the seal on every HT Batmobile before it ships...thereby effectively assuming HT's responsibility of QC for their product.

How much do you want to bet that Hot Toys "refurbishes" all of the retuned Batmobiles and "re-releases" them a year from now? Yup. :lecture

And if I buy it from some other seller who gets theirs from Sideshow sent to them and THEN they ship it to you again that's even greater chances of damages incurred during shipping each time.

Why go to another seller who gets it from Sideshow for the replacement? If you were willing to pay the full SS price for it in the first place, inserting an extra middle man will just complicate it further for you.

No, I get it. But I also realize this is not just like every other figure that might be damaged. The logistics of shipping this beast back and forth are very different. It's not pleasant, but it's also clearly not the same situation.

Returned damaged figures can easily be returned to HT or parted out to replace other damaged parts that might come back. A damaged Batmobile is basically a one shot deal. Unless the damage is on just the canopy the HUGE thing has to be completely swapped out, again, with another whole HUGE thing, that may or may not have even worse issues. SS can't guarantee the quality of the replacement unless they overstep their role as distributor, and start breaking the seal on every HT Batmobile before it ships...thereby effectively assuming HT's responsibility of QC for their product.
I didn't read the entire email SSC replied too so I take back on what I said. It looks like they will exchange it but as I mentioned before, I'm not sure if they're paying for return shipping or not. I also get that due to the nature of this, swapping peoples Batmobile left and right is something that can get out of hand very quickly but it's just upsetting that these QC seem to be a 50/50 situation.

Why go to another seller who gets it from Sideshow for the replacement? If you were willing to pay the full SS price for it in the first place, inserting an extra middle man will just complicate it further for you.

Well if Sideshow is unwilling to offer a replacement then what's the point? Everyone else gets theirs directly from Sideshow.

How much do you want to bet that Hot Toys "refurbishes" all of the retuned Batmobiles and "re-releases" them a year from now? Yup. :lecture

Paint them glossy black with black wheels and BOOM, you have the '92 Batman Returns version. :wink1:

I don't see what would be wrong with that if they were actually "refurbished" and not just repacked without addressing the damage.

But your argument can go the other way? We know its not your average figure. That's why more care is needed when you send them out. If your asking customers to plop down $700 on something you had better cover your end and be prepared to compensate or satisfy your customers. I'm talking to hot toys here not sideshow. After you delayed it. You give me a car batman can barely fit in with a shield that doesn't quite look as advertised and it comes with bonus battle damage!

Well if Sideshow is unwilling to offer a replacement then what's the point? Everyone else gets theirs directly from Sideshow.

The point is you spent/allocated "X" dollars to buy a Batmobile from Sideshow.

Batmobile arrives damaged, you send it back to Sideshow, they give you back your "X" dollars (and they paid the return shipping)

Now you can take that "X" dollars and buy another Batmobile directly from Sideshow if you so choose to take that risk again.

OR

you can indirectly buy another Batmobile from another seller who got it from Sideshow. But if you choose this option, and and it turns out badly for you yet again...you've just unnecessarily added another step to the returns process by involving another seller (who may not even allow the returns option Sideshow does).

But your argument can go the other way? We know its not your average figure. That's why more care is needed when you send them out. If your asking customers to plop down $700 on something you had better cover your end and be prepared to compensate or satisfy your customers. I'm talking to hot toys here not sideshow. After you delayed it. You give me a car batman can barely fit in with a shield that doesn't quite look as advertised and it comes with bonus battle damage!

Exactly. I'm talking HT too. NONE of this damage being reported... NONE of it is because of something Sideshow did or failed to do. Sideshow did not design the Batmobile's packaging, Sideshow did not forget to put all of the foam inserts in the shields, Sideshow did not use excessive glue on some windows. Unless someone gets a Batmobile that has been run over by a UPS truck, all of the damage being reporting is Hot Toys' and Hot Toys' fault alone.

Still, a lot of the rage is directed at Sideshow for not somehow doing even "more". As the distributor, and not the manufacturer, there is a limit to their responsibility...and that email, with those options including the option of a full refund, seem very fair to me considering they are not at fault.

"Hey you are not satisfied with the product you paid me for (even though I didnt make it) fine, I understand why you are upset. Give it back to me, and I will give you your money back (lost profit on my part...AND, I will settle with the manufacturer).

Back