1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how the hell do they plan on working with AE and BBTS for defeats on those batches? We're only going to get a minor refund? The refund they offer doesn't even cover the shipping cost for this thing.

I'm honestly debating if I should cancel or not. I for once can't live with some of the QC issues fellow members are getting.

attachment.php

Okay guys here is the official stance by SSC. Now this was particular towards my order so maybe others may get a slight different response but I think the options listed here is what you will likely get.

:dunno

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your 1989 Batmobile as is, we can offer you an $80.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $70.00 refund directly back to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or partial refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

If neither of these options is satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for an exchange or a full refund. In a separate email you will be sent an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

That really sucks, $80 is a slap in the face especially after waiting so long for this. I just received mine a couple hours ago. I have gone over it very carefully and no defects.

I really do feel for you guys that do have defective ones. It seems unless it is sold out they should have replacements available.

So.....$80.00 credit or $70.00 refund? On an item that cost most of us around $740 is ridiculous. I'm sorry but you had better pay for shipping and give me 100% refund if my batmobile is ******ed up. Better business bureau will be called,visa and hot toys will be notified I work hard for my money like most of you! And have been waiting for along time for this like most of you. Although I haven't been ordering from them for years like most of you, I have ordered quite a bit! Rory I'm terribly sorry that your loyalty doesn't mean crap to them! Which is sad because solid collectors like you and many others is what has made these companies as big as they currently are. And for them to just say hey "tough ****" your out $630 dollars! Please buy more from us" I almost want to cancel because its seems more than likely it will be damaged!

This is getting really ugly. I'm debating a cancel now. I'm not paying $700 for something that doesn't come with much of a guarantee. This is now becoming an expensive gamble.

Contacted Josh at AE about what to do if I received a damaged item and here was his response:

The 89 Batmobiles are actually shipping directly to our customers from Sideshow Collectibles (as they're the official US distributor for the line), so unfortunately we won't be able to inspect them before they ship, since they won't be coming here. If any damages or issues arise, we'll work with Sideshow to resolve them. Sorry we couldn't be of more help there, but if you have any questions, please let me know.

So, looks like mine will be coming directly from SS and if it arrives damaged I'll have no choice but to return it for a full refund since they're not going to send out replacements. This sucks! I'm nervous as hell about what I'm going to find when I open that giant box. :(

I'd say they better start opening and checking before shipping or this will be a BIG mess! Just hold all deliveries check em and settle it with hot toys. At least act like your protecting your customers?

They're offering a full refund if dissatisfied customers send it back. The question is does that RMA include the cost of the return shipping? If so, that is pretty damn good customer service for a QC issue that they didn't cause, and they couldn't have prevented.

I don't see what the cause for continued rage at SS is after reading that email. Unless of course, dissatisfied customers want them to ship you another sealed-by-HT-Batmobile, free of charge, that may or may not be damaged (even worse than the first one).

Reading that email, SS gives THREE options, including full refund. Isn't that what was wanted? Where's the beef? :dunno

Contacted Josh at AE about what to do if I received a damaged item and here was his response:

The 89 Batmobiles are actually shipping directly to our customers from Sideshow Collectibles (as they're the official US distributor for the line), so unfortunately we won't be able to inspect them before they ship, since they won't be coming here. If any damages or issues arise, we'll work with Sideshow to resolve them. Sorry we couldn't be of more help there, but if you have any questions, please let me know.

So, looks like mine will be coming directly from SS and if it arrives damaged I'll have no choice but to return it for a full refund since they're not going to send out replacements. This sucks! I'm nervous as hell about what I'm going to find when I open that giant box. :(
Great..I might have to cancel and ask if we can not get a cancel fee for this. This is pretty much a gamble on a $700 item.

They're offering a full refund if dissatisfied customers send it back. The question is does that RMA include the cost of the return shipping? If so, that is pretty damn good customer service for a QC issue that they didn't cause, and they couldn't have prevented.

I don't see what the cause for continued rage at SS is after reading that email. Unless of course, dissatisfied customers want them to ship you another sealed-by-HT-Batmobile, free of charge, that may or may not be damaged (even worse than the first one).

Reading that email, SS gives THREE options, including full refund. Where's the beef? :dunno
I'm not quite sure their RMA is covering the return shipping but it would be great if someone can ask them regarding that matter. If they're offering to pay full for the return shipping then it's not as a big of a problem as it seems. It's also upsetting to most that they aren't offering to help replace it at all.

Reading that email, SS gives THREE options, including full refund. Isn't that what was wanted? Where's the beef? :dunno

I think the problem is that collectors still want this piece in their collection and it doesn't sound like Sideshow will do anything to help with that. I'm sure most would return it for a full refund if they could reorder one that has been opened and prepared for shipping by Sideshow. They have done this before, so they may need to do this again if they start receiving a bunch of calls.

It said "pre-paid shipping label" in the response from SS so it looks like they will cover the shipping cost.

The beef is not the full refund its the low ball $70 credit or $80 partial refund. And if your paying $700 that just doesn't cut it. If its messed up I want a replacement?

Yeah, I suggested it. I think it's a good call.
:duff
I'd like to believe it's only a handful and that mine has a good chance of arriving scuff-free, but when it's all people have been discussing in this thread for the past 20 pages it makes one worried!

If some skillful Sideshow Freak could discover an acceptable fix/repair for those white scuffs (I'm guessing a sharpie ain't going to do it), I imagine a lot of people would be very grateful.

I'd like to believe it's only a handful and that mine has a good chance of arriving scuff-free, but when it's all people have been discussing in this thread for the past 20 pages it makes one worried!

No kidding. I've almost convinced myself now that I'm gonna end up with one that's damaged.

I'd say they better start opening and checking before shipping or this will be a BIG mess! Just hold all deliveries check em and settle it with hot toys. At least act like your protecting your customers?

Once it is opened, the HT tape seal is broken.

-What if it is mint when SS opens it, but gets damaged between SS and the customer? What if an unscrupulous customer decides, upon receiving an unsealed item, to claim damage from SS to get a free replacement or store credit. Then it's not up to HT to reimburse SS for any defects on the Batmobile...if they open it, SS is assuming the total liability burden on themselves alone.

-What if it isn't mint once SS breaks the seal an inspects it. There's a scratch, scuff, missing foam, etc or other damage. Again, same result...they can't sell it to anyone (the seal is broken, and now they KNOW it is damaged goods)...so they're out that profit. They can send it back to HT, but again the question is, why did you (the distributor) break the seal? Then there's the fact that different collectors have different levels of what they will live with. Understandably, many want a perfect piece, but there are some who can live with a scratch...SS is going to spend the manpower inspecting every Batmobile for QC (HT's job) before shipping them out to owners...who may not be satisfied with what SS deems "acceptable" anyway.

It's a HUGE time and manpower investment to break the seal to inspect each...and a HUGE gamble, that results in SS assuming responsibility for any and all damage for items shipped from them once they "clear" their inspection.

The beef is not the full refund its the low ball $70 credit or $80 partial refund. And if your paying $700 that just doesn't cut it. If its messed up I want a replacement?

:exactly::lecture This. Is. B.S. I want a replacement not a credit or a full refund. Once I ship it back and have to buy it from another seller who got THEIRS directly from Sideshow then what is the friggin point?

Gutted.

Not to mention if alot are damaged the price for a good one on the secondary market will be outrageous

Back