1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow that was a lot of posts to go through. First of all my condolences to all that have a damaged Batmobile and hope you find a satisfactory way to resolve it. I wanted to ask and offer some more info
- may I assume the scratches are highlighted by the use of flash but is actually still the colour of the plastic? Still noticeable but not to the extend the pictures lead us to believe?
- scratches are they really from the shield? The damage looks too severe to be caused by the shield as the inside shape does not seem to have any sharp corners, or does it?
- if it is you must be able to line up the source for this damage to the damaged areas?
- foam can cause swirl marks maybe even scuffs but not the scratches pictured? This is soft foam we are talking about. If that was the case the aft section where I see the trunk vents indenting the foam should have cause even more damage
- I highly doubt it happened during shipping
- the damage does not seem to be on all units but in the similar area so I rather suspect that one of the line workers or the tools used for this section is causing the damage out of carelessness
- glue residue if it is the same as the same as was on many of the original Tumbler I managed to remove with a wooden toothpick. The wood was pointy enough to remove it all the way into the seam but soft enough not to scratch the windshield itself. Try at your own risk starting at the seam
- I am surprised none of the Asian recipient have mentioned scratching and so far noone there are no posts on HT's FB page about this (but then that page has become rather useless for info being trolled by a bunch of idiots)
- I seriously think there is this one guy coming to work high or drunk or pissed off at HT that is causing this batch to be flawed

i was with my friend today as he unpacked his, his was totally fine.
the box it came in however....not so much

makes me wonder if the damage is the actual shell...you would have thought his would have some major scraps since his box obviously went through hell and back

**** man... just about to crack mine open. Hoping for the best. :monkey1

diehard-party.gif

On everyone's light up feature... does the little pic of the batmobile on the inside light up?

Hmm, can't help you out as I'm actually missing this pic, I think it's just a sticker that Hot Toys forgot to stick on my Batmobile. On mine it's just black plastic so I'm guessing no it doesn't light up because otherwise I would expect clear plastic for the light to shine through.

Hmm, can't help you out as I'm actually missing this pic, I think it's just a sticker that Hot Toys forgot to stick on my Batmobile. On mine it's just black plastic so I'm guessing no it doesn't light up because otherwise I would expect clear plastic for the light to shine through.

Jeez, what the hell.

I know this is mass produced, but still. For a large 700 dollar collectible, these problems shouldn't even happen. How do they forget to add a label/sticker/label?

All this crap going on makes this thing feel so cheap.

Does anyone know when Cornerstore Comics will be getting their shipment of the HT 89 Batmobile in? Thanks.

Jeez..I'm 80% on the verge of canceling. It's a $700 hit or miss with this thing. Not something I want to gamble on. :panic:

Wait WHAT?!?!? It was supposed to come with this sticker?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!

Jeez, what the hell.

I know this is mass produced, but still. For a large 700 dollar collectible, these problems shouldn't even happen. How do they forget to add a label/sticker/label?

All this crap going on makes this thing feel so cheap.

Yeah I couldn't believe it. I only noticed when checking other people's pics and videos. And of course I have a decent sized scuff next to the canopy! It's a beautiful car but I'm kinda disappointed.

And I don't think anyone here is being nitpicky or overreacting here either. This is bull.

We waited way over a year, paid a **** ton, it should be fine.

Doesn't this thread feel reminiscent of the 1st Tumber release...

Pre-view: Ooooohhhh Ahhhh, this is the most awesome thing ever...

In hand: Unbelievable, best $450 + (remember the original price of the Tumbler?) spent, evah...

Flippers' dream fullfilled, lots of $ on the grey-market, whoooo-hoo!

One to two weeks in: Uh, Houston, we have problems, scuffed tops, lights won't work etc.

Now this :slap

Oh- well wait for the v.2 where all will be fixed, for an inflated price:monkey1

For $700+ this should, SHOULD BE, flawless.

I'm dreading opening mine tonight. This cost me over $1000 (NZ dollars) because I had to pay GST when it arrived in customs. :(

And I don't think anyone here is being nitpicky or overreacting here either. This is bull.

We waited way over a year, paid a **** ton, it should be fine.

Reminds me of those on Christmas morning that had red ring of death consoles.

Back