1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you asked them? I may consider doing the same but I'm not sure if they will do that. Josh told me that the moment they get them in, they're shipping them out since they have no storage place to put the stock anywhere.

Please let me know what you find out as I may ask Josh to inspect mine as well before shipping if that's an option.

Man, I'm getting really antsy for an answer. I want to see what they do before I leave for a week. :lol

Did anyone else contact Sideshow, or have I been the only one?

I called them yesterday and e-mailed pics. They said 3-5 days. They are probably figuring out how to handle this.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are opening some up in the warehouse to see if the damage is already there or if it's coming from shipping them to customers.

they need an ssc direct emergency batline.............:lecture

url

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Just opened this beauty today, I'm blown away. Everything from the sculpt, to the lights, to the detail on the dash to the functions is just crazy. I love this thing.

Unfortunately, these are a little discouraging. I was devastated when I opened up the cocoon armor to find these marks/scratches on not only the cocoon itself, by my car and canopy as well,

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg.html

4.jpg

5.jpg

My canopy was also open out of the box and I only have two foam inserts in the cocoon. So the scratching was inevitable I guess. Pretty upset.

Other than that, yeah it's great. I love how the bar on the Browning Machine moves back and forth and you can pop the top on it. Very impressive.

Geez man really sorry to see that! :(

They charged me two days ago and still haven't shipped. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the defective items.

They charged me two days ago and still haven't shipped. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the defective items.

I was charged Monday. Talked to Kathy yesterday and she said it will be 3-5 days before it was shipped from warehouse. This feels really irregular. Usually it's 24hrs and it's Wednesday with no shipping notice. This is the only time I've been upset with there customer service. I had talked to Elissa Monday evening And she said it would ship first thing Tuesday morning. Once I didn't get a notice I then called and talked to Kathy that's when she said 3-5 days.

Maybe but they do say that they ship within 3-5 business days from the time your card is charged and with an item this big it may take a little extra time to get them out the door.

EDIT: I have been ninja'd lol

Me too. Card has been charged on the 20th, and no notice, nada.
I have now $700+ less in my account and no batmobile. And worried sick if it arrived damages as some folks here have mentioned.

To those who have emailed SS regarding QC issues, can you call them and ask them also? I know they want you to wait 72 hrs, but this is the freaking Burton batmobile!

In my experience they usually take a few days to reply to QC stuff depending on how busy they are.
I'd imagine they'll still have their hands pretty full after the madness of comic con.

Just calm down people and take a breath:lecture

I was charged Monday. Talked to Kathy yesterday and she said it will be 3-5 days before it was shipped from warehouse. This feels really irregular. Usually it's 24hrs and it's Wednesday with no shipping notice. This is the only time I've been upset with there customer service. I had talked to Elissa Monday evening And she said it would ship first thing Tuesday morning. Once I didn't get a notice I then called and talked to Kathy that's when she said 3-5 days.

Maybe but they do say that they ship within 3-5 business days from the time your card is charged and with an item this big it may take a little extra time to get them out the door.

EDIT: I have been ninja'd lol

Me too. Card has been charged on the 20th, and no notice, nada.
I have now $700+ less in my account and no batmobile. And worried sick if it arrived damages as some folks here have mentioned.

To those who have emailed SS regarding QC issues, can you call them and ask them also? I know they want you to wait 72 hrs, but this is the freaking Burton batmobile!
Who's this "they" you guys ordered from? I'm just curious which stores are shipping or shipping soon. Thanks!

Also just wanted to chime in and say I too have contacted Sideshow's CS and was given the typical 3-5 days response.

I really hope to God they don't ask us just to deal with the scuffs, etc. I don't mind waiting another month to get a replacement or whatever, not a big deal so long as the end result is a pristine Keaton Batmobile!

Okay guys here is the official stance by SSC. Now this was particular towards my order so maybe others may get a slight different response but I think the options listed here is what you will likely get.

:dunno

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your 1989 Batmobile as is, we can offer you an $80.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $70.00 refund directly back to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or partial refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

If neither of these options is satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for an exchange or a full refund. In a separate email you will be sent an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

omg...and the ***** continues with each item the same story...going from statues to bustes to figurines...getting tired of SS and their policy...pfff...

Just checked they are still instock so that is complete BS.
I would be gathering arms for battle boys.. Get your VISA companies on the case.

Back