1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Thanks man... Since I have never flexed before, I wasn't prepared for such odd policies. Had I known you can't move it up (or that they pick and choose who can), I wouldn't have switched over back in March. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Sallah

That's one of the issues with Flexpay that I have, is that depending on when SS gets the item in stock, you can either get it right away, or be stuck waiting another month. I've only flexed a few items, and its gone both ways for me.

Its nice for the big items though, especially for those of us with discerning wives. I know mine would've hit the roof had she seen an $800 charge from SS this month.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Which is messed up i call and change stuff all the time IF NEEDED on my flexe's this month worked perfect except hulk got bumped from july 25th to august. But all paid got snake ,storm shadow and batmobile all in same month. I will never have a more expensive month then this one.
I know they cant or wont charge until in warehouse on flex items also only can change flex date once i think. but godspeed to all the batmobiles getting delivered we ALL waited plenty long enough!:impatient:

Usualy if know the item is coming in early sideshow will email and let you know if can pay early but im betting many waves of batmobiles shipments due to size. Also im sure sideshow wants this out superfast becauase of the size it eats up. I wonder how many batmobiles fit in a 18 wheeler or UPS truck the winner of the answer gets nothing.:lol

Man you could fill a whole immigrant family in that thing! If you must ask, yeah I got orchards.

Wow that thing will impress the neighbors! They got orchards too.

Its not the weight its the size that is increasing the shipping cost. You should use the UPS shipping calculator to see the real cost. The cost for me to ship from SSC to my door was over double what I'm getting charged.

Nope, I'm sure they get a discount for doing volume shipping.

For those saying this looks like a toy, well the Crumbler looks like a Tonka toy :moon

Tehehehe. I laughed more than I should have.

Bingo.

Here's what I get when I calculate everything. It's the size of the box itself that causes the shipping cost to be huge.

The $100+ they're charging is not bad. I mean look at the size of it. They also have a deal with UPS but I don't think they're overcharging and what's even more surprising is that BBTS is only charging $84.

1075816_10201548886222674_1664654697_n.jpg

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AZs6yhiRms[/ame]

Warning, a somewhat longwinded post ahead. :D

Since i'm not a film snob I won't be including the usual list of domestic or foreign artsie fartsie avant garde cinema films that critics tell us are masterpieces.

Not judging if they're right or wrong, just trying to keep my answer simple.

This list is comprised of genre movies, not found on a Criterion Collection list. :lol

89 Batman is an important movie but not more important or less important than any of the other major milestones in movie history hence why lists are difficult and ultimately pointless.

I disagree. Lists help show the make-up of every individual stating his/her respective list. Lists show what movies are in your DNA. I do tend to roll my eyes at people who seemingly copy and paste the Top 10 AFI films as their own "favorites" (even when they throw in a respectable popcorn movie like Raiders or something toward the top to individualize it just a hair to maintain credibility.) Are there people who simply like the "Top 50 movies ever made?" Sure, but the often accompanying "snobbery" always seems to indicate a deeper need to impress people rather than opening up with individual preferences. But I digress. :)

My top 100 movies fluctuate so much that my list today will differ from tomorrow.

But I can at the very least claim that even with an ever changing list of favorite movies that 89 Batman floats in my top 25, never leaving that very tight space.

It's in good company alongside Raiders, T2, SW, ESB, TDK, Conan, Exorcist, LOTR Trilogy, Airplane, The Thing, Halloween, Jurassic Park, Avengers, Die Hard, Predator, STM 2, BTTF and other classics.

Great list, pretty much from top to bottom IMO. What I've come to realize is that the movies that tend to dominate my lists were those where I had the greatest visceral reaction while watching them combined with actual filmmaking quality. Usual the visceral reaction would have been during the first viewing, but not always.

I'll never forget the impact of seeing RoboCop and Terminator 2 in the theaters for the first time. NEVER. But as I've said in other threads I ended up not finding that T2 had enough quality to match up with the emotional impact and it therefore has diminished for me over the years which has not been the case with RoboCop.

The Terminator on the other hand I enjoyed watching on pan and scan VHS in the 80's as cheap sci-fi schlock until I really analyzed it several years later and thought, holy crap, this is genius. So it didn't imprint on me on day 1 like other favorites but the quality is undeniable IMO.

But those magic movies that were great AND fulfilled an intense desire for that special desire to be captivated and held in awe for two hours, either out of the blue or after much anticipation, those are the ones that always seem to make up my top 25. Not Citizen Kane, or The Wizard of Oz (a little too age specific, if I was 7 forever this would no doubt still be close to the top,) or The Godfather or Gone with the Wind. Those movies just don't speak to me nor were they made to cater to my specific interests or sensibilities.

But Star Wars? The Empire Strikes Back? The Fellowship of the Ring? ALIEN, RoboCop, and Captain America: The First Avenger? It's like the filmmakers got inside my head and then reverse engineered exactly the movies I wanted to see! And that's why those make MY list. I know a lot of people thought Cap's first movie was so so but it was a dream come true and a new Temple of Doom for me, but with a character I like even more than Indy! As such if I was stuck on a desert island (that had electricity and good acoustics) I'd actually take CA:TFA over even the mighty Raiders of the Lost Ark. And certainly over Citizen Kane or The Searchers.

Getting back to Batman. I find it interesting that it didn't make your top 10. I assumed it would with your interest in the batmobile. Top 30 (or possibly 40) is about where I would rank it based on nostalgia over the initial phenomenon and opening night entertainment and the fact that it surprisinigly has stood up extraordinarily well over time. I don't know that "Top 30/40" is going to end up being quite enough for me to keep my order but this movie and its designs will always be a part of me to some degree.

Last edited:

Batman 1989 isn't in my top 5 I don't think, maybe top 10. I don't like listing or ranking things because it changes constantly depending on my mood.

Right now, I'm definitely in "Burton/Keaton Batman" mode. Last month I saw the first two back to back in theaters, then this monster is coming, I'm watching them, I'm excited. It's my focus for the next couple of weeks.

Then it'll be something different. I watched Robocop again about a month ago when the Hot Toys figures came up and I was into that. Maybe I'll be in LOTR mode with the next Hobbit coming this winter, I don't know.

I have favorite movies, a ton actually. I can say that Batman '89 is definitely one of my favorites. Where that plays out in a category or list of things I like, I have no idea.

Batman 1989 isn't in my top 5 I don't think, maybe top 10. I don't like listing or ranking things because it changes constantly depending on my mood.

Right now, I'm definitely in "Burton/Keaton Batman" mode. Last month I saw the first two back to back in theaters, then this monster is coming, I'm watching them, I'm excited. It's my focus for the next couple of weeks.

Then it'll be something different. Maybe I'll be in LOTR mode with the next Hobbit coming this winter, I don't know.

I have favorite movies, a ton actually. I can say that Batman '89 is definitely one of my favorites. Where that plays out in a category or list of things I like, I have no idea.

Great post. Definitely a solid rationale that explains how I feel about certain movies, collecting from certain lines, etc. I can say that in the past year I've been in major Batman mode with TDKR, the Indiana Jones cycle that occurs regularly, major LOTR that seems to be on a cycle, and the Tarantino mode that follows every release. It's hard to rank films or anything else in a definitive list when the genres are so widespread and there are tons of different things to enjoy.

Batman '89 has been number 1 for me since I saw it way back when... It wasn't just a movie, it was an experience. Nothing before or since has come close. Heck, I even named one of kids "Keaton" after it. :)

But even without all the memories of that "bat-mania" summer, I think it would still rank as number one just based on the film itself. In my opinion, it is a perfectly contained experience of a comic book come to life.

Sallah

Great post. Definitely a solid rationale that explains how I feel about certain movies, collecting from certain lines, etc. I can say that in the past year I've been in major Batman mode with TDKR, the Indiana Jones cycle that occurs regularly, major LOTR that seems to be on a cycle, and the Tarantino mode that follows every release. It's hard to rank films or anything else in a definitive list when the genres are so widespread and there are tons of different things to enjoy.

Yup.

Around Django I rewatched favorites like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Basterds. That'd be "Tarantino mode" for me.

If I was just into watching Batman, Terminator, or Star Wars for months on end it'd get old. I have to change it up. I have main interests, yes, but I like a lot of different things. I'd be better off making a list of all the things I like in no particular order than, "TOP 5!", "TOP 10!".

I love Batman 89 sooo much more than the current Batman movies. Keaton is still the definitive live action Batman. Heck, 89 Batman is my favorite Batman movie after Mask of the Phantasm.

My Top 25-50 might change but not my top 6 or 7.

No matter what "mode" I'm ever in these do not change:

1. Star Wars
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. ALIENS
4. LOTR trilogy

RoboCop is pretty entrenched in the top 10 or close to it as well.

CA:TFA, The Avengers, The Hobbit, and Prometheus all seem destined to stay at the top as well.

Batman 89 and BR have had a bit of a resurgence the last couple of weeks but it doesn't appear that they'll ever dethrone the established high command. :)

Went to put on 89 blu. Disc isn't in the case. First world problems yo:gah:

Got my shipping notice ...Monday.
I'm both terrified and excited.

My Top 25-50 might change but not my top 6 or 7.

No matter what "mode" I'm ever in these do not change:

1. Star Wars
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. ALIENS
4. LOTR trilogy

RoboCop is pretty entrenched in the top 10 or close to it as well.

CA:TFA, The Avengers, The Hobbit, and Prometheus all seem destined to stay at the top as well.

Batman 89 and BR have had a bit of a resurgence the last couple of weeks but it doesn't appear that they'll ever dethrone the established high command. :)

Those movies, along with the Indy trilogy and Blade Runner pretty much compose my top 10 as well. You can throw in Predator and Robocop, both of those I think are perfectly made films. Batman '89 is in my top films as well, but if I had to pick 10, I think it would be edged out. MotP is my favorite Batman film overall though.

Yup.

Around Django I rewatched favorites like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Basterds. That'd be "Tarantino mode" for me.

If I was just into watching Batman, Terminator, or Star Wars for months on end it'd get old. I have to change it up. I have main interests, yes, but I like a lot of different things. I'd be better off making a list of all the things I like in no particular order than, "TOP 5!", "TOP 10!".

Definitely agreed.

Your Tarantino mode is the same as mine. Django, Pulp, Dogs, and Basterds. I've seen Jackie Brown, the Kill Bills, and Grindhouse but I just don't have the urge to rewatch them.

On the Batmobile side of things, I can't wait for you all to get this, should be a great piece and a collection centerpiece

Batman '89 has been number 1 for me since I saw it way back when... It wasn't just a movie, it was an experience. Nothing before or since has come close. Heck, I even named one of kids "Keaton" after it. :)

But even without all the memories of that "bat-mania" summer, I think it would still rank as number one just based on the film itself. In my opinion, it is a perfectly contained experience of a comic book come to life.

Sallah

Agreed in every level. My nine year old is called Keaton too ;)

Back