1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

1. Star Wars
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. ALIENS
4. LOTR trilogy

gif_clint_yes350.gif

RoboCop is pretty entrenched in the top 10 or close to it as well.

yesjacknicholson.gif

CA:TFA, The Avengers

tumblr_inline_mhd42tahAR1qz4rgp.gif

The Hobbit, and Prometheus all seem destined to stay at the top as well.

clint_ew.gif

Batman 89 and BR have had a bit of a resurgence the last couple of weeks but it doesn't appear that they'll ever dethrone the established high command. :)

patrick-bateman-business-card.gif

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I pretty much agree with all your likes except Hobbit and Bromethus. Those sucked to me and are definite head scratchers. It's especially evident to me after I've seen LOTR or Alien and Aliens again after seeing them.

With Cap, I don't think that film gets enough respect as it should. I don't see what's wrong with it or why some folks feel it's mediocre. It's everything I wanted to see in a Captain America film and more (the continuing establishment of the Avengers). Only thing missing was Nazi's (we know why they didn't show case them) and more Cap vs. Red Skull.

For those saying this looks like a toy, well the Crumbler looks like a Tonka toy :moon

Still only shipping notice for my flexpay mobile, no news on full pay mobile.

How this movie ranks for me
1.TESB
2. BATMAN 89
3. BATMAN RETURNS
4. T2
5. THE ROOM

I'm disappointed Fire Walk With Me isn't in your list....tsk tsk.

With Cap, I don't think that film gets enough respect as it should. I don't see what's wrong with it or why some folks feel it's mediocre. It's everything I wanted to see in a Captain America film and more (the continuing establishment of the Avengers). Only thing missing was Nazi's (we know why they didn't show case them) and more Cap vs. Red Skull.

Definitely agree on Cap. It is easily my favorite Marvel film.

Sallah

Warning, a somewhat longwinded post ahead. :D

I disagree. Lists help show the make-up of every individual stating his/her respective list. Lists show what movies are in your DNA. I do tend to roll my eyes at people who seemingly copy and paste the Top 10 AFI films as their own "favorites" (even when they throw in a respectable popcorn movie like Raiders or something toward the top to individualize it just a hair to maintain credibility.) Are there people who simply like the "Top 50 movies ever made?" Sure, but the often accompanying "snobbery" always seems to indicate a deeper need to impress people rather than opening up with individual preferences. But I digress. :)

Great list, pretty much from top to bottom IMO. What I've come to realize is that the movies that tend to dominate my lists were those where I had the greatest visceral reaction while watching them combined with actual filmmaking quality. Usual the visceral reaction would have been during the first viewing, but not always.

I'll never forget the impact of seeing RoboCop and Terminator 2 in the theaters for the first time. NEVER. But as I've said in other threads I ended up not finding that T2 had enough quality to match up with the emotional impact and it therefore has diminished for me over the years which has not been the case with RoboCop.

The Terminator on the other hand I enjoyed watching on pan and scan VHS in the 80's as cheap sci-fi schlock until I really analyzed it several years later and thought, holy crap, this is genius. So it didn't imprint on me on day 1 like other favorites but the quality is undeniable IMO.

But those magic movies that were great AND fulfilled an intense desire for that special desire to be captivated and held in awe for two hours, either out of the blue or after much anticipation, those are the ones that always seem to make up my top 25. Not Citizen Kane, or The Wizard of Oz (a little too age specific, if I was 7 forever this would no doubt still be close to the top,) or The Godfather or Gone with the Wind. Those movies just to speak to me nor were they made to cater to my specific interests or sensibilities.

But Star Wars? The Empire Strikes Back? The Fellowship of the Ring? ALIEN, RoboCop, and Captain America: The First Avenger? It's like the filmmakers got inside my head and then reverse engineered exactly the movies I wanted to see! And that's why those make MY list. I know a lot of people thought Cap's first movie was so so but it was a dream come true and a new Temple of Doom for me, but with a character I like even more than Indy! As such if I was stuck on a desert island (that had electricity and good acoustics) I'd actually take CA:TFA over even the mighty Raiders of the Lost Ark. And certainly over Citizen Kane or The Searchers.

Getting back to Batman. I find it interesting that it didn't make your top 10. I assumed it would with your interest in the batmobile. Top 30 (or possibly 40) is about where I would rank it based on nostalgia over the initial phenomenon and opening night entertainment and the fact that it surprisinigly has stood up extraordinarily well over time. I don't know that "Top 30/40" is going to end up being quite enough for me to keep my order but this movie and its designs will always be a part of me to some degree.

Conveyed perfectly.

Just view my list of top 100 as all 100 being capable of being # 1 depending on what mood i'm in.

That's probably more of an accurate respresentation of my feelings.

Aliens and Robocop could be at 26 and 27 but in all reality they can sit at the # 1 spot for all I care. :lol

Move over Raiders, i'm in a Murphy and Newt kind of mood. :lol

Last edited:

Am I the only one who's had the shipping notice by FedEx for the Batmobile? Surely not right?

I got mine yesterday and It will be here tomorrow. you're not the only one.

No mate I ve got mine.136 Lbs!!

"All of our lives, we have been waiting for this. Tomorrow I believe we can get it. This Batmobile is not an accident. There are no accidents. We have not order this by chance. I do not believe in chance. When I see three preorders, three confirmations, three shipdates. I do not see coincidence, I see providence. I see purpose. I believe it our fate to order this. It is our destiny. I believe this Batmobile holds for each and every one of us, the very meaning of our lives."

I KNOW
Pics dont do justice until ups guy at the door with this giant box asking you to sign for this monster.:lol

Smallish refrigerator there................loving it!

Bingo.

Here's what I get when I calculate everything. It's the size of the box itself that causes the shipping cost to be huge.

The $100+ they're charging is not bad. I mean look at the size of it. They also have a deal with UPS but I don't think they're overcharging and what's even more surprising is that BBTS is only charging $84.

9302850718_8689f962fb_o.png

9302850730_1a9eb34b0f_o.png

1075816_10201548886222674_1664654697_n.jpg

Oh my!!!! :horror

Oooh, how much is SSC charging for shipping this bad boy within the US?

The Batmobile's dimensions are about 39x16x9, and the box is about 49x29x17. Assuming the car is packaged so that it is perfectly in the center of the box...there is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6.5 inches of packaging between any point on the main body and the edge of the box. Sure the box is big, but with all that protection, no one should have any issues from shipping damage to the item itself.

Conveyed perfectly.

Just view my list of top 100 as all 100 being capable of being # 1 depending on what mood i'm in.

That's probably more of an accurate respresentation of my feelings.

Aliens and Robocop could be at 26 and 27 but in all reality they can sit at the # 1 spot for all I care. :lol

Move over Raiders, i'm in a Murphy and Newt kind of mood. :lol

I think you quoted the wrong bro, bro.

The Batmobile's dimensions are about 39x16x9, and the box is about 49x29x17. Assuming the car is packaged so that it is perfectly in the center of the box...there is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6.5 inches of packaging between any point on the main body and the edge of the box. Sure the box is big, but with all that protection, no one should have any issues from shipping damage to the item itself.

U da man DM. :yess:

I think you quoted the wrong bro, bro.

Thanks bro me the us. :lol

Back