1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I wonder if the wheels can be removable, can it, anyone(tumbler owners)?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

No, the weight of the board and the car combined would still be put on the cocoon.

I don't see how, when the car is bolted to the board, the board is flipped and supported on each side and the shell is merely on top of the car.

I thought the weight would be borne by whatever is holding the board up on each side.

Guess my physics is crap. :slap

I wonder if the wheels can be removable, can it, anyone(tumbler owners)?

1cc444f8-dc7c-4b6c-bd7b-6172.jpg

I don't see how, when the car is bolted to the board, the board is flipped and supported on each side and the shell is merely on top of the car.

Guess my physics is crap. :slap
You are correct that the car wouldn't be directly touching the cocoon when flipped, but the weight of the car and the board would still be placed against the cocoon at the points that it's rested on those blocks:

attachment.php

That's 30 pounds (or whatever the car & board combined weigh) rested at those two points; if the cocoon was a soft or lightweight material it would crush once that guy stopped supporting the weight with his hands.

Are the headlights orange or white? If it's the latter I can fix that easily, but I dunno, they differ from movies...

So the engine doesn't pull out like we saw Bruce Wayne fixing it?

You are correct that the car wouldn't be directly touching the cocoon when flipped, but the weight of the car and the board would still be placed against the cocoon at the points that it's rested on those blocks:

attachment.php

That's 30 pounds (or whatever the car & board combined weigh) rested at those two points; if the cocoon was a soft or lightweight material it would crush once that guy stopped supporting the weight with his hands.

Aha that makes sense now. I was not remembering the video correctly and thought the ends of he boards were placed on the supports. Not directly the shield itself.

Aha that makes sense now. I was not remembering the video correctly and thought the ends of he boards were placed on the supports. Not directly the shield itself.

Hence the shield not being flimsy. :rotfl

Think of the weight of that car hanging upside down pulling that board downward via those bolts. :horror

This shield might by glossy and cheap looking, but thin like the Bat Pod cape holder it is not.

Selling my Tumbler so i can get this badasssss piece of machinery

Wow seeing all these pics just make me drool more! Lol!! By any chance is the turbine engine in the front able to be retracted out just like in the returns movie when Bruce was repairing his batmobile

Getting it but from BBTS due to it being $120 cheaper all around. So I'll be getting it hopefully a couple weeks after you SS buyers.
That's who I ordered through as well. The hell with SS and their gouging. Too bad recently BBTS and others can't do a discount. Now we are all MADE to pay SS prices. Now it's a matter of shipping costs.

In the event that Alter Ego puts this back up for order after their shipment arrives, anyone know what their shipping price is?

I wonder if Sideshow would haggle with us for shipping.

That's who I ordered through as well. The hell with SS and their gouging. Too bad recently BBTS and others can't do a discount. Now we are all MADE to pay SS prices. Now it's a matter of shipping costs.

Luckily I got it at $579.99 back in April. Even if I hadn't, the shipping is still $44 compared to $113 for me from SS. :monkey4

Did you really Jye, or are you joking? I thought about it.

$112 seems like rape. I've been pondering it for days, especially after they told me last year that it would be $40 and all these other retailers are shipping it for less.

Back