1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

8C57C47B-D418-4401-ADF8-5887F9375F16-99195-000015997240F161_zps0c01f6cd.jpg

F7BDCA47-B930-41C6-8750-087E022BCFB4-99195-000015997C6893D4_zps951e24c9.jpg

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

So how many of us are getting this bad boy? I know some people are on the fence, but how many of us have gotten there ship notice or have this on flexpay?

I ordered it back in Feb 2012 when I got my DX09. Used the SPRING2012 code to get $25 off, flexing it on a 10 month flex plan :horror and have been paying for this monster since August 2012!

This will be the most expensive collectible I have ever purchased (don't plan on breaking that record anytime soon) and it will be the centerpiece of my tiny 1/6 collection.

Photos courtesy of jay chui OSR

Ugh the cocoon looks really bad. :slap

One thing thats bugged me about pics of the HT BM. The two front "horns" are they the right shape? Never thought the curved in so much and were as pointy? Anyone got good comparison pics?

IMG_3824.JPG

batmobile-1989-sale-on-ebay-img_3.jpg

So are the headlights white or yellow?

It looks like white behind yellow plastic. The LEDs look too bright and are washing out the yellow. Hope I am wrong though.

A shame about the armor. I had hoped it was at least worth using once in a while.

I think the sheild would look better if it wasn't so shiny, like if someone sprayed it with a dull coat. The gloss really draws attention to it being plastic. Was it that shiny in the movie ?

I think the sheild would look better if it wasn't so shiny, like if someone sprayed it with a dull coat. The gloss really draws attention to it being plastic. Was it that shiny in the movie ?

Nope. :mad:

DarkMagic pwned Giel/jye4ever :lol

Awww....no way buddy. :1-1: Didn't mean to come off like that.

BillPriff...those shots are AWESOME!! So moody and dark and the lights really pop the images. I think the headlights don't look that blue-shifted in person though, maybe you can adjust the color temperature of your camera (or do some gentle color correction in post-photo processing) to make them appear less "cool" and more "warm" / yellowish.

EDIT: Just noticed you mentioned they're Jay's shots from OSR...still...amazing!

Last edited:

DarkMagic pwned Giel/jye4ever :lol

Awww....no way buddy. :1-1: Didn't mean to come off like that.

BillPriff...those shots are AWESOME!! So moody and dark and the lights really pop the images. I think the headlights don't look that blue-shifted in person though, maybe you can adjust the color temperature of your camera (or do some gentle color correction in post-photo processing) to make them appear less "cool" and more "warm" / yellowish.

EDIT: Just noticed you mentioned they're Jay's shots from OSR...still...amazing!

Totally fine to be pwned :D if that makes this even more accurate ;) I just have not been looking at any source material lately and in the end I am not even the type that nitpicks everything (but only selectively ;)) and it would never stop me from enjoying this and anything I own. Only thing that kills me is that it is not in my hands yet!!!!

Who the hell would even buy this beauty and display it with the shield cover on anyway??? Seems just like a novelty dust cover that was included maybe in response to how hard it is to keep the tumbler clean?

Who the hell would even buy this beauty and display it with the shield cover on anyway??? Seems just like a novelty dust cover that was included maybe in response to how hard it is to keep the tumbler clean?

Maybe some of us wanted two displays, mobile and shield side by side. I was going to have 89mobile withs bats by it, shield with bats standing next to it, and returns mobile with all the extras with returns bats when he comes out.

I'm still getting the two I ordered, but would have loved a shield for display. Love the scene and the design.

Just because most wont display the shield no room or not for it, doesn't mean that it should be a ****ty made item.

Back